Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
the episode was mainly dedicated to meghna...she did a awesome job as benazir and brought infront ruku...jallu...MA the bitter truth they are the most foolish people and even made jallu ashamed of his acts regarding jodha...
the episode was good but too melodramatic and poorly directed but Akdha scenes were good...jallu expressions were not clearly captured...but he was very worried abt jodha...

the precap is the icing of cake that till now...he was controlling his feelings but there is a limit...he never trust anyone in Agra...so there is no point to show tears infront of fake people(according to us)...thus he broke down infront of god...

MH words came true when he told jallu that "love makes the greatest king to kneel down and beg for his love and beloved"and thats what happen to jallu

paridhi and meghna were show stealers...

the highlight of the episode is definitely ruku's torture by ben...it was the most most awaited moment for me...how i wish even MA goes through the same torture...it looks like ruku's younger sister has shown her aukaat...tdy all ruku's audha went down the drain...ben completely made a realise that she is the biggest fool in harem...the kodak moment was throwing ruku down on earth...she very well need the reality check...

AM escapes...it was predicted...

and one more thing i would love to highlight...before jodha consumes the poison...she looks at jallu...salima...HB...the 3 people who is close to her heart and than drink the poison...there is a say...before dying...the soul gets peace if the person dying sees the people closes to his/her heart infront of them...i was touched by this scenes...

i loved it when jodha remembers her wedding and vows...it shows the transformation of jodha so beautifully...a vow she took in hatred and now it had turn to love and she can give up her life for her vows and husband...
Edited by Mages - 10 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Meghana,

As i agree with everything you have said here, I am in the happy position of not having to type anything much for this response, except to say Very well done! Para 1 is beautiful, and the part @ blue is especially perceptive. And did I not tell you that Atgah Khan was good only for repeating that mantra of his?

I am of the same mind as you are,  that  it was  an unintentionally comic episode, with every cliche of the Bollywood films of the 1970s firmly  in place,  and  not just the hostage taking. Which was ludicrous, with Ruqaiya moving helpfully to just within arm's length of the GJ.πŸ˜‰

Though I did enjoy seeing Ruqaiya dangling across the saddle like a sack of potatoes and being summarily dumped on the ground at the end. 

There was the long speech by the villainess, snarling and showing all her batteesi,  which provided a good PR exercise for Jodha Begum. In fact, on the first such occasion of a near kiss of death by the GJ, it was Ruqaiya and not Jodha who saved Jalal at the literally last moment, the credit for all tjhe GJ's near misses is given by her to Jodha.

Then again, at the end of the ride, why the devil does she not bite Ruqaiya at once, instead of telling her tayaar ho jao, which of course delays matters till the posse arrives?  Plus, we are asked to believe that the GJ cannot see Ruqaiya scrabbling for that large  stone right in FRONT of them!

The best cliche was of course the Hakim Sahiba intoning  solemnly that the next 8 pahars would be crucial. In the films, it is usually 48 hours!πŸ˜‰

The funniest part was looking at Adham. Now that chap is quick on his feet. He immediately alerts his cohorts to melt away, and shifts focus to the pressing need to  kill Benazir before she talks - exactly as he did with the assassin he smuggles into Jalal's tent near Amer.

This time, he must have been outside the GJ's  range of vision when  she was doing a hatchet job on Ruqaiya and Mahaam, or else she would have exposed him at once with vicious glee.

And yes, I second  your concluding hope with all my heart!

Shyamala

[QUOTE=meghanajain]

Till Jodha completely passes off, Jalal is at indenial. The DHAKKA had shaken him to such an extent that every attempt of Jodha could not erase that  memory. I now wonder, if not for this sacrifice of Jodha would Jalal have ever understood her love. May be possible, but given the vultures that live in Agra - this seemed liked the only way to once and for all prove to Jalal that she could do anything for his well being.

Precap: Everyone including Ruqu worrying about Jodha the great! OMG, is this show about 'Akbar the great' or 'Jodha the great'?? Jalal weeping away and requesting mercy for his Jodha! I am not looking forward to tomorrow's melodrama, hope Jalal maintains his dignity and the emotions are not too high pitched.

bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
superb episode analysis and review
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: meghanajain

The scene that caught my eye today was Jodha reminiscing about her wedding wows and the time she had spent with Jalal. I interpreted it not only as Jodha feeling at peace as she fulfilled her duties, but also that the she finally accepted Jalal as her husband in true sense. It seemed as if she was happy to pass away in her husband's arms. Jodha basically answered Ruqu/Jalal's question raised in DEK as to why she is giving a 'begum hone ki duhai'. After this does Jalal ever need proof as to did Jodha ever accepte him as a husband? Will he ever need clarification on why Jodha mislead him in the love letter? Her sacrifice today shows how serious she is about her duties as a wife. It shows her selflessness in doing the right thing. It also shows her determination and love as neither did she get deterred by Jalal's disbelief nor at being proven incorrect many times.
They say in dying moments your life passes by you...she thought of none else other than Jalal during that time...πŸ‘

I have always enjoyed the parallel scenes between JaJo, specially when they are praying. It brings eternal peace as I see two people from completely different background coexisting beautifully. One could see the desperation in Jodha's eyes through out the wedding, yet they were so vigilant as she knew about the impending danger. Jalal on the other had this sadness in his eyes that clearly showed he desired no one, but Jodha. The mooh dikhai rasam proved that point, as he could only see Jodha's face in the water which took him back to their first meeting. Jodha is completely distraught when she finds out that the sevayyin needs to be fed. She recollects all the warning signs and realizes that the only way to save her husband is by giving her life away. Jalal must be thinking at that time, this ameri mirchi never gives up. I can terrorize and create fear in anyone's eyes, but this lady does not budge at all. Jodha challenges Jalal's every threat about punishment, that he does not want to listen to her with I am not looking for forgiveness and I have nothing more to say to you. She reminds him of the bitter words and wishes that he never has to see her face. How badly are these words going to come back and haunt Jalal? Till Jodha completely passes off, Jalal is at indenial. The DHAKKA had shaken him to such an extent that every attempt of Jodha could not erase that  memory. I now wonder, if not for this sacrifice of Jodha would Jalal have ever understood her love. May be possible, but given the vultures that live in Agra - this seemed liked the only way to once and for all prove to Jalal that she could do anything for his well being.

You know what you've done Meghana, you've actually surmised the past two months episodes in this one line! πŸ‘

Jodha's sacrifice has shaken MA to the core. Obviously not because she is touched. But, because she knows that her plan has completely backfired. MA had this fear in her eyes as she knows how Jodha is going to shine and become the most important person in Jalal's life. MA's fears are reaffirmed when she see's Jalal roaring at everyone who was responsible to be punished by execution. MA yet again understood that every time she tries pull Jodha away from Jalal, their bond only grows. MA now knows that it is not going to be easy to instigate Jalal against Jodha. Ben's mission to make Jodha shine was really successful. Ben gave a speech about how Jodha did everything to protect Jalal and how MA/Ruqu did everything to help her. Jalal is at complete shock as to how the one he did not trust was the only that truly cared.

Many have been stating that here on starts the downfall of MA, but here I have to see if Ekta sticks to her stretching tendency or follows the other route...MA is the biggest antagonist here anyway!

I couldn't stop laughing at the way Ben made Ruqu her escape route. How many bollywood movies have used this gisa pita formula. It was ridiculous that a woman single handedly dragged begum-e-khaas of Akbar the great without any interruptions from Jalal's army. 

πŸ˜† Or comic relief in place of missing javeda

Precap: Everyone including Ruqu worrying about Jodha the great! OMG, is this show about 'Akbar the great' or 'Jodha the great'?? Jalal weeping away and requesting mercy for his Jodha! I am not looking forward to tomorrow's melodrama, hope Jalal maintains his dignity and the emotions are not too high pitched.

I have realized and accepted that it's primarily on Jodha like any other serial on prime time TV since it's female centric viewing...now that Jodha is completely on her path to accepting Jalal as husband and Mughals as her sasural, she will continue being shown as the do gooder, while jalal the erroneous husband (at least every once in a while) 

It happens in all serials, it's nothing new...I have no qualms accepting Jodha as the person who changed jalal for the better...my complaints are with how they've been portraying him since the Tasneem track, weak and brainless since that goes totally against what they showed us first four months...

If that's how you wanted to show him, show him so from the very beginning...not brainy in one track and brainless in anotherπŸ˜• Also, Directorially, the spy network/investigation in Agra has been shown abysmally ...not at all in the level that one would expect of a major sultanate! 

Edited by lashy - 10 years ago
Joja thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mages

the episode was mainly dedicated to meghna...she did a awesome job as benazir and brought infront ruku...jallu...MA the bitter truth they are the most foolish people and even made jallu ashamed of his acts regarding jodha...

the episode was good but too melodramatic and poorly directed but Akdha scenes were good...jallu expressions were not clearly captured...but he was very worried abt jodha...

the precap is the icing of cake that till now...he was controlling his feelings but there is a limit...he never trust anyone in Agra...so there is no point to show tears infront of fake people(according to us)...thus he broke down infront of god...

MH words came true when he told jallu that "love makes the greatest king to kneel down and beg for his love and beloved"and thats what happen to jallu

paridhi and meghna were show stealers...

the highlight of the episode is definitely ruku's torture by ben...it was the most most awaited moment for me...how i wish even MA goes through the same torture...it looks like ruku's younger sister has shown her aukaat...tdy all ruku's audha went down the drain...ben completely made a realise that she is the biggest fool in harem...the kodak moment was throwing ruku down on earth...she very well need the reality check...

AM escapes...it was predicted...

and one more thing i would love to highlight...before jodha consumes the poison...she looks at jallu...salima...HB...the 3 people who is close to her heart and than drink the poison...there is a say...before dying...the soul gets peace if the person dying sees the people closes to his/her heart infront of them...i was touched by this scenes...

i loved it when jodha remembers her wedding and vows...it shows the transformation of jodha so beautifully...a vow she took in hatred and now it had turn to love and she can give up her life for her vows and husband...

Though a bit of dram overall it was a good episode.
highlights are
1. Jo did feel bad that Jalal would not look at her not enter her hojra. she says this before she drinlk that sevaiah. she says thought u dont want to look at me, i cant see my husband die.
2. when she says hum aapse vidha lethehai .. there was no music but just her voice. This happened twice.  Another time is, when she says she doesnt have any regrets and faints in this arms.
3. Jo thinking of the marriage vows.. just beautiful .. Look at the contrast.. then and now. The state she was in when she took that vow and now.
4. Jalal seeing Jo's image in water - It written you both are made for each other , so no one can stop this. Not even you are Jodha .. jalal :)
5. After a lon time, got to see angry Jalal.
6. Finally, tomorrows precap .

Joja thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joja

highlights are
1. Jo did feel bad that Jalal would not look at her not enter her hojra. she says this before she drinlk that sevaiah. she says thought u dont want to look at me, i cant see my husband die.
2. when she says hum aapse vidha lethehai .. there was no music but just her voice. This happened twice.  Another time is, when she says she doesnt have any regrets and faints in this arms.
3. Jo thinking of the marriage vows.. just beautiful .. Look at the contrast.. then and now. The state she was in when she took that vow and now.
4. Jalal seeing Jo's image in water - It written you both are made for each other , so no one can stop this. Not even you are Jodha .. jalal :)
6. I was laughing when Ben thre ruq on ground.. and when said she usse bade bewakum tum ho Ruq.. wow this was the best part
7. Finally, tomorrows precap .

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Joja

highlights are
6. Finally, tomorrows precap .

paridhi nailed it in this scenes...i literally had tears...it showed the beautiful transformation of jodha who wanted to bring jallu's head on the feet of Maa Kali and now she is willing to die for him

the wedding vows she took in hatred...now has transform into vows of love...commitment...loyalty and trust on her husband...what a beautiful transformation of Jodha

jallu's transformation is going to start after jodha's conscious...his path towards the journey of Akbar with the love...trust and support of Jodha
ashpat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I am relieved that benazir is gone. I feel like it has not hit me yet completely bec i am happy but still not satisfied. I guess i am trying to hold my excitement untl jodha opens her eyes and want to c how jalal and jodha reacts. Hopefully, this time both will be walking on same path not on difft. Paths. 
I feel jalal was not much worried about jodha bec he thought she will be ok but i guess he will realize tom. She is close to death. I feel it is ok for him to beg or pray in front of GOD for his wife if not yet for his love. may be this is what mirza meant about bring emperor to kness not necessarily in front of other person (read jodha) but in front of god for jodha. May be some just misunderstood  bringing wmperor to knees and that is why they were dreading it.

Anyways, fFINALLY, after 2 months, we got rid of benazir and also liked how jalal roared at his ministers after abu mali escaped.
meghanajain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tamy267

Inspite of the total filmy episode I totally enjoyed it..Jodha's sacrifice had me in tears..😭what Ben said today was all TRUE !! she indirectly praised Jodha and showed Jalal who is for him in a true sense.

Ben-Ruq scene was hilarious !! I so wished Ben to bite Ruqu...🀒 Malika-e-Khaas looked like a crown today begging for her life "humne tumhara kya bigada hai"🀣 aur doosri taraf Jodha ne apne shahur ke liye zeher pee liya without thinking twice ! see the difference
u r right !! MA was shaken...she was shaken to see Jodha's sacrifice...she hadn't imagined in her wildest dream Jodha could do something like this !!

the initial JaJo scenes, the marriage vows, the moments they spent together ufff compelled me to cry !😭

I'm on for Jalal's redemption...its high time for him to redeem himself...he needs to beg, plead before God !! its not about dignity, its not about being a Shehenshah its all about his love, its about the person Jalal...not Hindustan ka Shehenshah...and a lover can go to any extent to save his love's life.

Some parts of it were okay, but as my review pointed out I was not overall very excited with turn of events even though I knew what was coming.
I do not like it when they glaringly point out the goodness or evilness in anyone. Jalal is no fool, there was no need for Ben's pro Jodha and Anti Ruqu/MA speech. Anyways they not only wanted the halo for Jodha, they wanted it studded with diamond - so be it. I would have like Jalal to interpret all this on his own, in the past he had the perception to see inside other person.
I beg to differ as I do not think Jalal has erred. I hope Jodha when she wakes up feels the same way. This sacrifice is only an indication for Jalal that Jodha can go to any extent to save him. The man is already in pain as he got the DHAKKA from the one he loves the most. Now he is going to be in even more pain as the one he loves is fighting for her life..
I do not mind his praying to god for saving Jodha. But hope it is done in a dignified manner, doesn't look like it though..
meghanajain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kmmdesai

My Dear Meghana,

How I longed to read your post today! πŸ‘
(I missed couple of them in between. Not sure if you had written them or not). 

We did get our filmy scene after all! πŸ˜ƒ and you have described them so beautifully. 
So I will quickly pen down my obeservations today:

1) Jalal remembering Jodha during "Muh-Dikhai" . His heart wants only Jodha as his wife. His mind does not believe that he has heart and therein lies the dilemma. He is such a fool that he do not even understand why he is out of sorts since her rejection, only that he knows he is not happy. 

2) Jodha's reactions when she realizes that she has to give her life for Jalal was heart-breaking. She goes down the memory lane, understands the significance of Jalal and realises that she can do anything for him. She deems him worthy of her sacrifice. Her farewell words to him shows the pain and hurt she endured because of Jalal's cruel words. Her voice thick with emotion, then drinks her death, Jalal looks on.

3) Jalal's reaction when he holds his dying Jodha is a must watch. I know for many people it seemed that he did not react as everyone expected and that he was very calm. But, is it calmness or numbness? He was numb with shock seeing his Jodha die for him, that he was loosing her to his foolishness, and that he could not do anything, absolutely anything to correct that. He was, probabaly for the first time in his life, pretrified, shocked to the core and numb. His lack of action and silence shows the depth of his misery. And when he is little out of the shock, what does he do? He gets angry on every one and everything. He is angry even at himself. He lashes out at the whole world. 

I am eagerly waiting for tomorrow's episode. 

If a person like Jalal has tears in his eyes and begging for someone's life, then is there any doubt about his love? 
If a person like Jodha give her life to save some one without any regrets, then if there any doubt her love?

But I do not have any doubt about their pigheadedness and the denial of their love.

Love
Kshithi

PS: About episodes being too filmy, I think we can not expect anything less from CV's who have given such a stupid track in the first place. So, I am all for some filmy, masala ride for sometime at least.

Hi Kshithi,
Your comments always bring a smile on my face, thank you!😊
You have said it so well, JaJo indeed realize the importance of each other in their life. Ja due to a MU is unable to accept anything. I am so interested in seeing how Jalal's character moves forward from tomorrow onwards. Would he accept it if Jodha says it was just a duty? Hope not, as we all know it was not just that..

I did not write much about Jalal today as his feelings will come out more tomorrow. But, to me it felt like he was more in shock then anything else. He did not in his wildest dreams imagine that Jodha or anyone would go to this extent for his safety. At that moment I think it was not guilt, it was not repentance but just utter shock that Jodha would do this for him.

It is love on both sides..I really want atleast Jalal to admit it to himself that he is in love. Jodha deny it, thats okay. But, then I want Jalal to drive Jodha crazy till she admits her love...