Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Waiting
Waiting
Waiting😊
abhishekpanchal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow...m...a..new...reader...plzzz...dooo continue...priya..is in relationship... with jay...u mentioned... relationship... not..love...hmmm...quite...impressive... the way u described... it...amazing...m a huge fan of ur writing... plzzz do continue... asap
shanaya1204 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Part 8:
Credit: Neha

Priya had messaged her father about the job that she had taken and also that she would be late. They had dropped Suhani and now Priya and Krutika were on their way to Priya's house. Priya checked her phone once more...no reply from Jay. She wondered if he was alright..

Krutika: What are you thinking about? 

Priya: This stupid situation of mine. How do i get out of this?

Krutika: The situation is not stupid babes...you have to get your act together. 

Priya: Krutika, i cannot tell mom dad about Jay unless i am sure that he is ready. Can you imagine the ruckus if i announced about my relationship?

Krutika: But you don't have to announce, till you sort it out with Jay, you can speak with Ram.

Priya: What do i speak to him about? Tell him that i have a boyfriend back in the states?

Krutika: Hey Bhagwan. have you recently done a brain surgery? Whats wrong with you? All i am saying is sort this out one by one..You cannot tell Uncle Aunty till you speak with Jay right? 

Priya nodded in affirmative. 

Krutika: Then speak to Ram. Tell him that you cannot marry him.

Priya: Wow...i walk up to him and tell him i cannot marry him...and what purpose would that serve? Great and give me the reason for not marrying Mr. Perfect.

Krutika: Darling...door ki socho...You tell Ram you cannot marry him and this whole marriage thing will cool off. That will give you time to speak to Jay and later to Uncle and Aunty...

Priya: I never thought of that...

Krutika: I know...

Priya: You are really my saviour...

Krutika: I am aware of that too...now that you have the direction think of a plausible reason to not marry Ram...

Priya: I hardly know him...

Krutika: Reject...Uncle would say..i did not even see your mother till the wedding day

Priya: I don't like IIT guys

Krutika: Yeah coz you had a brief affair with them- Next

Priya: I am not ready

Krutika: No girl is- Next

Priya took the bottle of water and sipped some.: Then you only tell me..the one reason that will make Ram not marry me

Krutika: Tell him you are Pregnant...

Priya spluttered out the water almost choking on it.. She looked at Krutika aghast..

Krutika: See..it works..if you are shocked so will he be...Saying that Krutika burst out laughing..and Priya joined in too...Krutika had a point she thought...she had to refuse Ram first then think about anything else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sudhir looked a little uncomfortable fidgeting around with his mobile. He did not want Priya to come home yet. Mr. and Mrs. Kapoor, Ram's parents had come unannounced and although he had been happy to see them, the way the conversation was going left him a little jittery. 

Krishna: The moment Ram called me, i was tensed. You know we are all ok with girls having careers and all but working in the same company...that is a bit too much. You know na Abhimaan..how Amitabh's marriage was almost ruined because Jaya was a better singer? 

Amarnath looked on at his wife explaining to the Sharma's. He had thought this to be very childish but surprisingly Mrs. Sharma was listening and even nodding..

Shipra: Its true but you know now a days girls want to have their on career. 

Krishna: Where are we stopping her from that...we are just saying that working in the same company is a bit too much. At first its all rosy..going together, coming together..but when promotions happen then it becomes a headache. My son is mature..but he is a man after all...

Sudhir just nodded at that and looked at the watch. God forbid if Priya arrived, she would straight away say no..

Amarnath: Well what i can say is that we have not spoken to the kids, we don't even know what they think of each other. All these things are secondary, we can discuss it once we fix their marriage. 

Sudhir heaved a sigh of relief as he watched Mr. Kapoor get up. 

Sudhir: I am of the same opinion. Once we get a view of what the kids are upto then we can have further discussions. 

Krishna: That is there, but i just wanted to express my concern you know 

Amarnath: We will take your leave now, Amarnath cut his wife in mid sentence. 

Shipra nodded at them and watched as they left the flat. Sudhir who had gone to drop them till the gate, returned and let out a sigh of relief..

Sudhir: Thank God Priya was not around...

Shipra: Are you sure these are the right people for our girl? 

Sudhir: Trust me Shipra..Mrs. Kapoor is just a little concerned and in the broader view she has a point. 

Shipra: Amidst all these we are forgetting Priya..we have to speak to her about this.

Sudhir: You are right and i will speak to her. 

Just then they heard the door bell and Shipra opened the door to find Priya...

Priya: Hii...anybody had come in?  Priya pointed out at the 2 glasses of cold drink kept at the table...

Sudhir: No...you were out so we both oldies thought of celebrating your job with this...

Priya: Ohh...Papa, you me and Mom will go out on Saturday..Our special celebration..I ll just change and come, i have loads to discuss with you'll..

Shipra cleared the glasses as soon as Priya went in to change...

Once in the confines of her room Priya fished out her mobile and called Jay...He picked up on the 5th ring..

Jay: Hey darling...

Priya: Where are you? 

Jay: I stay in your heart...

Priya: Jay..be serious..what are you upto.? I have been waiting for your message, call from morning..

Jay: Hey hey relax ..I had gone out for the trek. There was no network there..and we were so tired..i just slept off..Heard you got a new job..Congratulations...

Priya cooled off a bit hearing about the trekking part. 

Priya: Thanks..and you will be surprised to know, its a trekking company..

Jay: Trekking company...what happened to the other job?

Priya: Well..its a long story..but i am short on time..What about you and me Skype tonight? I mean my night and your morning?

Jay: As you say Love..buzz me..Ciao..

Priya: Jay...

Jay: Yeah?

Priya: I love you

Jay: Love you too honey..c u soon...

Priya disconnected the call immediately feeling better. She would tell Jay everything and sort it out. She changed quickly and joined her parents in the living room.

Sudhir: Priya..come here..it has been such a while since i haven't put oil in your hair..

Priya happily sat down near the bed. Shirpa eyed Sudhir who gave her a quick nod. 

Sudhir sat on the bed and took Priya's luscious mane in his hand. He gently ran his fingers through is and seperated them into two sides. Applying oil on his palms he gently massaged her scalp. Priya immediately closed her eyes reliving her childhood days when this was a procedure every week. In fact the whole process was so relaxing that she used to look forward to it.

Sudhir: So hows your new job? 

Priya: Its different Papa..i am still to get a hang of it. 

Sudhir: I am sure you ll do well..I am so glad beta that you are back here..Priya, you know Simmi's marriage is fixed. 

Priya: Simmi? But she is so young...

Sudhir: Well, she got a nice match and everything fell into place. You know parents always know whats good for their children..

Priya: Papa, do parents have objections when their children choose for themselves?

Sudhir for a moment felt his hands go stiff. That was an unusual question from Priya.He looked at Shipra from the corner of his eyes and immediately understood that she had the sme question. Shipra   gestured him to ask further. 

Sudhir: Objections..well it depends beta..on who you choose..what is his background..what he does..lots of things go into it..

Sudhir: Do you have anyone in your mind Priya? 

Priya suddenly opened her eyes and shut them again. It was better to keep them shut as she thought of a probable answer. Should she tell them about Jay? But what if Jay was not ready to settle down yet? Sensing that she was taking too much time Priya opened her eyes slowly..

Priya: No Papa..its just that i have to keep my options open right? Priya winked at her dad who smiled back..

Priya again closed her eyes..She had to take the Krutika option and get Ram to say no..She hated having to ask him for the favour but she found it to be the only feasible option..

To be continued 
Edited by shanaya1204 - 9 years ago
thelostgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice update
plz continue soon
bpatil3 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thx for the pm.
uff priya n krutika their idea to bget rid of ram n the marriage proposal.
Gosh parents are so excited , n they are finding out the consequences if eworking together.
priya lied to her dad.
update next part soon
akilagoud2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice update
continue soon
aiyathasan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
nice update .. Next tym.plz update soon..
Cute_Saakshii12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice one 😊
Continue soon !!!
soapsick thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Super update... waiting for the next πŸ˜Š