Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -Jamba-

No way - I gotta go watch again, just for this ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That necklace is actually somewhat authentic. In the days way past when currency was in gold coins, it used to be made of actual coins roped in at fixed distance with black and goldthread. I have seen my fufi-sa's pushteni haar and it is pretty impressive in person.
The one in the show is a modern interpretation of the same.
savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kashi11

Savvy

It was a small role, but she played the neighbour of the family who was interested in Nanhe (the  cricketer son) and jealous of his interest in Kamia. Those days she used to be known as Preeti Khare - not sure when she changed her name to Ananya.

Yes please, all petitions I will gladly sign - they seem to have broadened the spread of Paro's  dupatta - may we hope that it was due to feedback they received?

Memories come flooding back when you mention those names๐Ÿ˜ƒ Quite a few of us reminisce DD days at times... hope to see you around more often.
Edited by savvy05 - 10 years ago
kashi11 thumbnail
Savvy

Yes DD dramas and plays was a universe untouched by a world called cable.  My knowledge of DD is not very comprehensive, but would be interested in reading your reminiscences ๐Ÿ˜Š.

The canvas of Rangrasiya is interesting and intriguing and it has very able actors - hopefully they will focus on the storytelling and let the actors emote (without the background noise๐Ÿ˜ก). 
savvy05 thumbnail
@Kashii, will sum up DD era as one in which quality, content remained unparalleled and path breaking in spite of being considered dinosaur age by the new age TV industry today๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Most certainly agree on the very interesting landscape of RR and the good ensemble cast. The soap has started working for me from last week as the Paro-Rudra story started moving and the continual glimpses of a feisty Paro. Now the shoot seems to have completely moved indoors  and it will be interesting to see what next week offers in terms of presentation.

Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: kashi11

Savvy

It was a small role, but she played the neighbour of the family who was interested in Nanhe (the  cricketer son) and jealous of his interest in Kamia. Those days she used to be known as Preeti Khare - not sure when she changed her name to Ananya.

Yes please, all petitions I will gladly sign - they seem to have broadened the spread of Paro's  dupatta - may we hope that it was due to feedback they received?

Wow... so there is a Hum Log connection!!
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

After today's re-watch, things became a little more ujala ujala ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Specifically with regards to Rudr's rant to Paro at the beginning of the epi that seems to have left a number of us scratching our heads.

IMHO Bitwa was talking from personal experience. He has survived his tragic childhood/adolescence by the strength of his hate and bitterness. He has held on to those tragic memories with a vengeance, and carefully nurtured the pain and hate for they provide him with sustenance, the will to go on. That is exactly what he is telling Paro...she, who has lost the will to live, is broken, shattered, swaying between the urge to fight and the urge to end it all by dying...he wants her to hate him, because hate is an active emotion and it will keep her alive. And of course, the underlying subtext is that she is of no use to him dead.
savvy05 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vistaa

IMHO Bitwa was talking from personal experience. He has survived his tragic childhood/adolescence by the strength of his hate and bitterness. He has held on to those tragic memories with a vengeance, and carefully nurtured the pain and hate for they provide him with sustenance, the will to go on. That is exactly what he is telling Paro...she, who has lost the will to live, is broken, shattered, swaying between the urge to fight and the urge to end it all by dying...he wants her to hate him, because hate is an active emotion and it will keep her alive. And of course, the underlying subtext is that she is of no use to him dead.

โญ๏ธโญ๏ธ Makes so much of sense Visi now that you have put it that way.

Aapne rewatch kiya?๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: savvy05

โญ๏ธโญ๏ธ Makes so much of sense Visi now that you have put it that way.

Aapne rewatch kiya?๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Jee haan...aaj subah๐Ÿ˜ƒ