Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Yeah, I'm excited Asad is back as well! I've missed him! 

But I'm also apprehensive of Raquesh's acting. He doesn't look as good as Karan when angry. But I hope he kills it! 
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Sb111

I guess I just don't get Indian TV and as such maybe someone can explain to me how you can separate the actor from the character when that character is so multi-layered and well loved and the actor who portrays him is even more so and has literally breathed life into it. I mean even my 9 year old said "mom that would be like them changing Damon (vampire diaries) ... That's just not done". When they found out all this was happening (on Christmas for those that don't remember) my kids immediate and strong reaction was "how can they do that" and "well we won't watch without KaBhi". Nothing against the new actor and those who say the show must go on. I guess I just find it hypocritical for a network to harp about 200 jobs when they pull shows all the time for lack of TRP and for fans to ditch the actor who made them fall in love with the character in the first place.

I'll be honest, it's actually really difficult to separate the actor from the character. But eventually there comes a time when you do. For me, Karan was perfect as Asad until recently. His hair grew longer, his acting seemed disinterested, etc. That's when I began to separate the two. And the whole fiasco regarding Zee and KSG just left a bad taste in my mouth when it came to both parties. 

And I don't think people who are continuing to watch the show after KSG left are ditching him. I'll still see other shows or maybe even movies of Karan if I think they are interesting, I haven't ditched him. But I'm not going to stop watching just because KSG left, because I'm a fan of Surbhi, Shalini, Alka ji, etc as well. Yes it sucks that he's gone, but at least the wonderful supporting cast is still here. 

And yeah, that 200 jobs thing, while true, is also a bs statement. Making shows is first and foremost a business. If a show doesn't get high TRPs, then its a money-sucker. It makes perfect sense to shut it down. And if a show gets high TRPs, like QH had been getting, then its a money-maker and shutting it down is stupid. The whole 200 jobs is just a blanket statement to justify them not shutting down production because they don't want to stop making money off QH and if they straight out come and say that QH is their money-maker, well that's tacky.