Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Julie_Star thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I love his movies he's my most favorite actor. Watch this past movies like for example the Basketball diaries or This boys life those are good movies. I am not sure if BW viewers are ready for a Blood Diamond, Inception or Shutter Island the recently saw The great Gasbey that was a very good film, I am still yet to watch Wolf of Wall Street.
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LoveProfusion

I would recommend you don't go see Wolf of Walf Street with your mom or dad.  It is not a family movie.  Yes, there is a lot of sex and nudity.  The story is good.  ðŸ˜ƒ  It is based on a real life story of Jordan Belfort.  He was a stock broker and became a rich man.  Surrounded by conspiracies and eventually went to prison.  Leonardo portrayed him well, but Oscars are biased!  They don't give him awards!  ðŸ˜•

Oh Ok. Sounds interesting. As long as it has a good story, I don't mind giving it a try. 
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Does Bollywood have Leonardo DiCaprio acting capabilities. Then we can think about making his type of movies.
joyce_k thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Easy...bcoz it doesn't have LD level actors
Karenina thumbnail
Wolf of Wall Street brings together Scorsese and Leo again, so it's going to be one heck of a ride. I can't wait. I love both so it's going to be stellar. Probably the last time we see Leo and Scorsese together. 

And the reason is--Bollywood doesn't need to. I don't know why some people cannot accept that Bollywood doesn't have to become like Hollywood. Bollywood can stand on its own--providing its own version of movies, based on the cultural, societal, and social aspects of India and South Asia.

Hollywood is a sell out according to World Cinema experts. It's only the truly commercial fans of Hollywood and the overseas fans who consider it the holy grail of Films. No, not really. At Bollywood, we may make crappy movies but the taste and culture is completely different to Hollywood, so don't expect Bollywood to become Hollywood-esque rather hope that Bollywood can make good movies true to India. That's what filmmaking is all about.

Edit:

Oh and Aamir seems to be fulfilling the promise of becoming like Hollywood--first by ruining Memento and now by ruining the Prestige. Although, the first was a South remake but Aamir seriously has an obsession with Nolan and his movies.
Edited by Kareenafanatic - 10 years ago
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kareenafanatic

Wolf of Wall Street brings together Scorsese and Leo again, so it's going to be one heck of a ride. I can't wait. I love both so it's going to be stellar. Probably the last time we see Leo and Scorsese together. 

And the reason is--Bollywood doesn't need to. I don't know why some people cannot accept that Bollywood doesn't have to become like Hollywood. Bollywood can stand on its own--providing its own version of movies, based on the cultural, societal, and social aspects of India and South Asia.

Hollywood is a sell out according to World Cinema experts. It's only the truly commercial fans of Hollywood and the overseas fans who consider it the holy grail of Films. No, not really. At Bollywood, we may make crappy movies but the taste and culture is completely different to Hollywood, so don't expect Bollywood to become Hollywood-esque rather hope that Bollywood can make good movies true to India. That's what filmmaking is all about.

Edit:

Oh and Aamir seems to be fulfilling the promise of becoming like Hollywood--first by ruining Memento and now by ruining the Prestige. Although, the first was a South remake but Aamir seriously has an obsession with Nolan and his movies.

The thing is Hollywood started many genre's and they became a benchmark for World Cinema. They might be considered Sell out now but will always be remembered for giving best and amazing movies in the past.

Bollywood copies from so many Hollywood movies, especially in Action. 

That industry is the pioneer for movie making and that you can not deny that point.

Bollywood needs to stop copying and come up with more original scripts. Even stop copying South. 
ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
a)Bollywood doesn't have the resources nor the ability to execute such movies.b)Mass audience will reject them
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Lemonsunrise

I love his movies he's my most favorite actor. Watch this past movies like for example the Basketball diaries or This boys life those are good movies. I am not sure if BW viewers are ready for a Blood Diamond, Inception or Shutter Island the recently saw The great Gasbey that was a very good film, I am still yet to watch Wolf of Wall Street.

i love basketball dairies it was just an amzing movie and out of all his films bw could defintely remake this 1 maybe ARK or varun or any of the other young new comers.
Storybrooke thumbnail
I think its the genre of films that he does. Leonardo's not going around making happy-go-lucky love stories. Bolly would need some good writers who wouldn't go overboard with it.

Plus it would help if they were original too😆