Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why can't BOLLYWOOD copy LEONARDO DICAPRIO style of films?!!!

Posted: 10 years ago
😲😆  Not that Bollywood doesn't copy enough already, but I have never seen any director attempt to copy any of his works.  Inception, Shutter Island, Django Unchained, and the latest being Wolf of Wall Street.  OMG, saw Wolf of Wall Street today and there is no way in hell Bollywood can attempt to copy it.  There is practically a nude scene in every part of the movie, bad language, and it is mostly for adults and not a family film.  Leonardo does extraordinary scripts and his roles are not what most of his contemporaries would do.  ðŸ˜‰   Why did Amitabh Bachchan do a worthless cameo in Great Gatbsy? I don't see Bollywood making a movie on Wall Street anytime soon.  Please share your thoughts.  Why can't BOLLYWOOD copy LEONARDO DICAPRIO style of films?!!!  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awww I love LD and his movies. Titanic and Inception are two of my all time favs!! But I guess Bollywood just doesn't have the money/resources to make such grand films. I mean Hollywood movies have like ten or more times the budget than Bollywood movies do and they also have better resources that enables them to execute such films. 
Targaryen thumbnail
I don't think the indian audience would accept a film like inception or shutter island. You need an emotional angle and need to add some masala if you want for the movie to work. If such films were made they would garner critical acclaim but I don't see them doing good business. So that might be one reason why film makers shy away from copying these movies entirely.
Originally posted by: MischiefManaged

Awww I love LD and his movies. Titanic and Inception are two of my all time favs!! But I guess Bollywood just doesn't have the money/resources to make such grand films. I mean Hollywood movies have like ten or more times the budget than Bollywood movies do and they also have better resources that enables them to execute such films. 

Please see Wolf of Wall Street.  It is a must see, but it is very raunchy.  Practically you see t*ties in every scene and lots of sex.  Bollywood can't emulate it.  Leonardo is a risk taker.  He is always consistent and in the last decade has done work most actors do in a 30 year career.  
Originally posted by: Mephisto

I don't think the indian audience would accept a film like inception or shutter island. You need an emotional angle and need to add some masala if you want for the movie to work. If such films were made they would garner critical acclaim but I don't see them doing good business. So that might be one reason why film makers shy away from copying these movies entirely.

There is no point for songs.  ðŸ˜•  That is why Hollywood doesn't take Bollywood directors seriously.  Songless movies can be made.  Bollywood doesn't have the guts to copy Leonardo, I want to see them try.  
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: LoveProfusion

Please see Wolf of Wall Street.  It is a must see, but it is very raunchy.  Practically you see t*ties in every scene and lots of sex.  Bollywood can't emulate it.  Leonardo is a risk taker.  He is always consistent and in the last decade has done work most actors do in a 30 year career.  

Does it actually have a good story or is it just all sex and nudity? ðŸ¤”

@Bold: Completely agree with ya!! 
Originally posted by: MischiefManaged

Does it actually have a good story or is it just all sex and nudity? ðŸ¤”

@Bold: Completely agree with ya!! 

I would recommend you don't go see Wolf of Walf Street with your mom or dad.  It is not a family movie.  Yes, there is a lot of sex and nudity.  The story is good.  ðŸ˜ƒ  It is based on a real life story of Jordan Belfort.  He was a stock broker and became a rich man.  Surrounded by conspiracies and eventually went to prison.  Leonardo portrayed him well, but Oscars are biased!  They don't give him awards!  ðŸ˜•
Inception was copied from a Scrooge Mc Duck Comic
I dont want remakes of Donald Duck comics now

Originally posted by: _VeLlA_MuNdA_

Inception was copied from a Scrooge Mc Duck Comic

I dont want remakes of Donald Duck comics now

😆😆😆
Targaryen thumbnail
Originally posted by: LoveProfusion

There is no point for songs.  ðŸ˜•  That is why Hollywood doesn't take Bollywood directors seriously.  Songless movies can be made.  Bollywood doesn't have the guts to copy Leonardo, I want to see them try.  

LOL I know there is no point for songs in those movies. But the reality is that the indian audience likes package masala movies and that's why filmmakers mostly take the safe path and serve the audience what they like the most. But the industry is slowly changing and so is the audience. Maybe 20 years from now filmmakers would attempt movies like inception.