Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

Censorship is not what Aparna or I are asking for. THe point is the swows should be rated and content advisory be given at the begining of the show. A fair warning.
I watch '24' religiously but would not allow my daughters to see it -too much violence and some sex. "24" gives the content advisory befor each episode. THe same should happen with shows like 'Vaidehi'.

Abhijit is right. I am anti ban's but i must say on National TV you should be giving fair warnings. The problem is many parents are not even aware of what sort of serials their children watch and then they visit forums ans with strangers have the kind of conversation i gave in page 3 and page 1. If many did they'd certianly stop they children from watching it.

We recently had a 16 year old girl from this forum whose mother just found out about the contents she writes (however innocent they were). She was horrified and told her she had no idea and immeditely has banned her from chatting like this with strangers.
My point , many teans , you know it too , if your parents knew what you were watching they'd stop you. (Ofcourse many parents are aware and give permission, so we aren't talking about them).

So solution these serials should come with ratings and in KYPH and KS certain suhaag-raat episodes should come with a warning for parents.
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Wrong !!!!!!!!!! You are not supposed to post views that insult!!This is AGAINST forum rules. So bad choice of argument.

i dun get how one member is supposed to know if another member cant have kids?? dats wut i mean by insulting...

Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: Desi Pride

[

i dun get how one member is supposed to know if another member cant have kids?? dats wut i mean by insulting...

You are not supposed to know that. But when lets say you go for a group picnic with adults. You have grown ups too. You will control what you talk about respectiing them. So you must remember this forum has adults too, many are married and very few apprecaite (just like other grown ups) conversations where children talk of adult matters without proper knowledge and understanding.
Morgoth thumbnail
Yes, TV programs should have appropriate ratings and advisory content warnings. That way at least parents know if the program is appropriate for their children.
MNMS thumbnail
[quote=Aparna_BD]Ok latest topic on Vaidehi .

Question asked by a member :but what does impotent mean?

2 answers : 1)Impotent means dat aryan cannot engage in sexual contact with Vaidehi...

2)he can hav sex but he cant produce sperm

3)hes impotent and has something called erectile disfunction, it meaans a boy cant erect his penis and doesnt leave any semen, during sexual intercourse, he cant produce semen? does that anwere ur question? [/Quote]

and my response: FAINT with shock !!!! 😕

I totally totally support Aparna di 😊 ... this kind of answer fron 13-14 yr old THis isn't maturity kids!! This is immature discussion of such an issue whose gravity of the situation is un-understandable in such an age... this is a total mature topic... no problem if u are allowed to discuss with parents but there is something known as "Handle with care" ..especially in public "Extra handle with care"!!

[Quote=Desi Pride]i dun get how one member is supposed to know if another member cant have kids?? dats wut i mean by insulting...

[/quote]

In a public speaking where u talk abt taboos don't u use a "Safety net" in ur speech? This issue is no taboo.. but the way of discussion is pathetic 🤢 if 13-14's know the issue..talk with/in their own group! not in public like this and such a manner
mkzara thumbnail
I definitely think shows should have a ratings system. It is without doubt the parents' duty to oversee wat their kids watch and to censor wat they think is inappropriate, but parents need to know what is going on to prevent their kids from watching inappropriate stuff. I mean parents cant sit with their kids and watch every single show they watch, so the rating system helps because then parents can decide wat they dont want their kids watching based on that. There is this V-chip which u put in ur tv and u put ur settings in so the kids cant watch anything above a certain rating that is perhaps one of the best things. I agree kids these days know a lot, i knew almost everything at 13 but i talked to my mom about it and thats how i knew. Ur parents get the right to decide when u learn about things and how u learn about them and the shows take that away. I mean if kids come across sex through shows they can learn that PMS is okay and if you are in love then its fine, (this is not a debate on PMS we already know how i feel about PMS, I had a debate on it so nobody attack me on this one) but for many families PMS is not fine and that is how they want their kids to see it or know it. A ratings system wud allow parents to prevent their kids from coming across unsuitable ideas and issues.
Athena90 thumbnail
Well, if its just viewing discretion or comments u guys want then i think thats appropriate.

But just a thought. You said parents allow the children to watch because they are inaware of the content, they are ignorant about what the children do. So even with a warning or a word of caution its not like the parents will know. If the parents are not there when the children watch the shows anyway, how are they supposed to hear the warning? And if they are there to read the warning, wont they be seeing the serial? And if they find the content inapproprate wont they disallow their children?

While i find it appalling that 13 year olds behave this way, i dont think a few warnings before the show is going to make any difference!
lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: sirigina

Let me add to this discussion.

If films are not exempt from this then why should the by-product of it i.e., the television serial be exempt from such ratings.

there is so much of content that hurts the sensibilities of even marginally normal human beings, forget about children. There is so much of underlying violence in some of the characters, some of the dialogues.

It is not easy for people to take all this.

The Channels should impose sticit Content Ratings. Otherwise how are parents supposed to know which is for a 13 year old and which is not.

It is the Channels responsibility. Like the Motion Picture Association, there should be Television Serial Association that should rate these serials and pass them from viewing as per the correct rating. After this, whether the Parents decide to Child lock these serials and channels is upto the Parents.

It should specifically state -

Violent Content
Sexually Explicit Content
Only for Viewers with Mormal Health Conditions
Not for those with B.P/Stress/Tension

And the other usual ratings like A/UA/U/PG-13 etc.,

Sarah-  I agree with your views except that it would be impractical for TV shows as they change from day to day from being a perfectly innocent love story to being sexualy charged show, domestic violence, rape, murder etc.  I guess by default every Keta serial and the wannabes shows would be rated not suitable for anyone...!!!!

Where would Kekta make her money from then?

~*puja*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
TV ratings are desperately needed for Indian serials. The shows that are popular right now aren't the wholesome family dramas that we had a couple of years ago... most of them are love stories. And with that there are many scenes in various shows that are somewhat inapporpiate for children under 16.

Even though I'm 20, I still feel uncomfortable watching certain shows with/without my parents, it's just something that doesn't need to be made public. There needs to be some sort of rating system where it helps parents control what type of shows their children watch. The V-Chip is a great in controlling what children watch.

Indian Television/Films have become increasingly westernized in the past decade, and it seems that some sort of action needs to be taken before increases even more.

NNGAL thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Ok latest topic on Vaidehi .

Question asked by a member :but what does impotent mean?

2 answers : 1)Impotent means dat aryan cannot engage in sexual contact with Vaidehi...

2)he can hav sex but he cant produce sperm

3)hes impotent and has something called erectile disfunction, it meaans a boy cant erect his penis and doesnt leave any semen, during sexual intercourse, he cant produce semen? does that anwere ur question?

My response 😲 🤔

Now i didn't think editing it makes sense because this is what the show discusses !! Which is fine for an adult point of view. But children .........!!😕

i am totally aghast by what you have said.!!!.. 😲 cant believe a 13 year old talking about ED. it is really shocking to see young children (as aparna says, teens are children too), talk about issues like this. i dint know any of these when i was a 13-year old. 

the other day, a whole lot of us were watching a movie. the villain hits a woman and she starts crying after sometime. i was wondering why she was giving such a late reaction. my nine year old niece tells me this - "aunty, how stupid! wont she cry if her baby is lost".  this is the age we live in!! 

rating of shows should be made mandatory and the producers of tv shows must also exhibit some sense of responsibility.