Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: J.

I agree. KANK should be rated PG-13. Some level of maturity & guidance is required to watch that movie.

And as for TV shows, they should definately have a rating. Shows like Vaidehi or ELAS (in the beginning with artificial insemination storyline) should have some kind of age limit on them.

Jas infact without parental guidance about such shows like ELAS and Vaidehi kids make very insenstive and immature comments . Now they have a open forum like I-F to express themselves!

Infertility, impotence, artificial Insemination, surrogacy etc etc is a reality to many many people across the world. And many could be members of this forum. Therefore if these shows were watched with parental supervision it could lessen ridicules and hurtfull comments one must read some times on a forum.
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MNMS

[Quote=Aparna_BD]So does that make it right that children( teans are child ren too BTW) are hiding it from their parents and watching it ????[/Quote]

Ahem ahem! Aparna di.. with the exception of those teens who are 18+ πŸ˜†

[Quote=Desi Pride]i dont htink KANK is a rated R movie...i just didnt wanna watch it wuth my parents cuz well..i dont rly share dat kind of a comfort, but theres nothing wrong the movie...dey didnt show anything bad [/Quote]

Desi Pride, This is what Aparna di is talking abt.. they might not have shown any thing bad.. but they have dealth with a bold theme and issue... something which under 18 may not be able to understand.. becoz extra martial affiars are no games.. they are serious adult issues... U DO need parents besides u to decide wht to watch and wht not 😊

but we all did undertsand it...16 year olds know what cheating is, they uinderstand the story...i had a conversation with my whole family about this story, we talked about every..we jus skipped the whole Maya n Dev sleepin together partπŸ˜†, but the rest was fine for every1 to watch, and i love makin scene wasnt rly bad, so it shud be pg 13...its not something dats meant for only +18 year olds in my opinion..Cheating isnt a bold topic

Edited by Desi Pride - 17 years ago
MNMS thumbnail
[Quote=Desi Pride]but we all did undertsand it...16 year olds know what cheating is, they uinderstand the story...i had a conversation with my whole family about this story, we talked about every..we jus skipped the whole Maya n Dev sleepin together part, but the rest was fine for every1 to watch, and i love makin scene wasnt rly bad, so it shud be pg 13...its not something dats meant for only +18 year olds in my opinion..Cheating isnt a bold topic [/Quote]

But mostly teengers may not.. especially at 13-14 age.. As Aparna di mentioned that some may make uncomfortable remarks on the bold scenes etc. U may be able to understand it and communicate with ur parents .. that's why we said "With Parents" Wht they allow u and don't allow u is their choice becoz they know ur maturity level..

Aparna_BD thumbnail
See in serials 15 years ago they showed extra marital affair - Saans, Hasratein , Jahaan Diya jale wahaan Jiya and many other !! But it was done tastefully so parents would be comfortable watching it with children. But these days Indian shows have become explicit.

And i am not particularly speaking of "cheating" scenes, i am talking of issues like impotence, infertility, In Vitro. The kids had million questions and couldn't understand the difference between impotence and infertility at 15- 16 !! BUT ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO UNDERSTAND THESE THINGS?? I mean speaking immaturily about them can hurt many adults especially married people !! Showing cheating is not a big deal nor is that a woman can't conceive. But taking it forward with scenes about artifical reproduction and surrogacy PLus those stupid suhaag raat scenes on National TV ?????????πŸ˜• No parent will be comfortable explaining these things to a 14-16 year old !!
Edited by Aparna_BD - 17 years ago
RandomSquared thumbnail
i understand what you mean, i guess im just thinking,by putting myslef and the kids around me in that situation.
anjali.nair thumbnail
In my opinion TV shows must be rated like Movies. But the problem is some parents just don't care about the ratings and allow their kids to watch most the movies. So what difference will it make if TVshows are rated? Will parents care? I remember when ELAS started many kids on this forum were discussing about Nikhil's impotency. I don't think they should be even watching that show in the first place. There should be some amount of screening for what kids should and shouldn't watch. There are channels like Zee smile in India for kids but I don't know how many teens are interested in watching the shows in that? It doesn't matter at 11 or13 or 15 how mature you are. A parent is negligent if a kid that age is watching the shows like ELAS and discussing consummation scene in KS. But even if parents bar kids from watching the shows then what about the videos available on the net? I would also suggest screening the websites the kids that age visit. It is not invading privacy but looking after your kid. It is in their best interest.
momogrl21 thumbnail
I think TV shows should have ratings 😊 but I'm partly in guilt here. πŸ€” I'm 14 and I guess I did watch the part you said in KS, for example. But I didn't get over excited or start talking about it with everyone...i just let it go. Maybe some kids may be mature enough to handle the situation and not get all jiggly about it. This may not make too much sense πŸ˜• but I tried 😊
But yes, I think TV shows should have a rating πŸ˜ƒ
 Edited by momogrl21 - 17 years ago
Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Im 15 and i wotched vaidehi without getting excited etc. to me its just interesting drama and there are no dodgy scenes which kids shudnt wotch. to me the storyline is adult and if parents dont want their kids wotching it then their decision must be respected-but we have to face in this day and age youngsters will always be exposed to topics aimed at adults. Overall i think serials shud be given a parent guardian rating, they shud choose wether their kids shud wotch it or not😊Edited by angeleyes141 - 17 years ago
RandomSquared thumbnail

Originally posted by: angeleyes141

Im 15 and i wotched vaidehi without getting excited etc. to me its just interesting drama and there are no dodgy scenes which kids shudnt wotch. to me the storyline is adult and if parents dont want their kids wotching it then their decision must be respected-but we have to face in this day and age youngsters will always be exposed to topics aimed at adults. Overall i think serials shud be given a parent guardian rating, they shud choose wether their kids shud wotch it or not😊

i agree wit u, 100%

Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

13 year old talking about ED and artificial insemination is too much. I bearly knew about birds and bees at that age.

That is what scandalised me in Vaidehi, ELAS and KS (suhaag raat disscussion on I-F)! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ