ASYA/Kabhi SS: Four Seasons (ch.9, pg.41) note pg.48

maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Prologue

One year, Four seasons , Two strangers and serendipity: One Chance Encounter that will forever change their lives. Join them as they journey through Four Seasons

* ~ *~ * 

Index

Intro: above

The fall of Death

Ch.1 : pg.2 

Ch.2 : pg. 6

Ch 3: pg. 10 

The Winter of Healing

Ch.4: pg. 14

Ch.5: pg. 19

Ch.6: pg.25

Ch.7: pg.30

* ~ *~ *

The Spring of Bloom

Ch.8 : pg.35

Ch.9, pg. 41

For anyone that would like PMs for the next part, please add ReyaPM, that's the ID  I use for PMs.

Reya <3 

Other Asya works:

Asya OS: Blessed:https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3690940

A Simple Story of Love (completed) : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3707666

Asya OS: The red hat girl: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3794148

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

treasure11 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
LOOKS INTERESTING!!!!
I HAVE READ UR A SIMPLE STORY OF LOVE AND I LOVED IT!!
START SOON😊
--Radhika-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I like the concept, I buddied you for PM's. Great start! (:
sonia555 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
plz start it soon 😊
Infinity. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
congrast Reya...Intresting Pro...cont soon

nilusoni thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
interesting
continue soon
plzzz pm me for next update

Originally posted by: treasure11

LOOKS INTERESTING!!!!

I HAVE READ UR A SIMPLE STORY OF LOVE AND I LOVED IT!!
START SOON😊

Thank you so much..hope you enjoy this story just as much 😊

Originally posted by: --Radhika--

I like the concept, I buddied you for PM's. Great start! (:

Thank u kindly..will surely send PMs 😊

- Reya <3

Hey folks...a new story from my side in celebration of the Christmas holidays..finally. Anywho...this one is for CC aka soni..thank you for always being there and for all the help with this story..love you 🤗

AUTUMN

Chapter 1

Autumn: "Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons." Jim Bishop

~~

Note to self: Never hit the snooze button when the alarm rings. Ever !

Asad scolded himself as he rode down the elevator, adjusting his shirt cuffs and swiped his right hand through his hair to the left side, settling his fringe in place. He loathed tardiness in unpunctuality, it left him feeling unprepared for the day ahead. And, he liked to be proactive, always. Surprises and Asad Ahmed Khan never really managed to get along well.

The elevator doors opened with a ding and he stepped out looking like he had spent a decent amount getting ready, not a hair out of place; when in reality, he had raced out in ten minutes, He opened the glass door of the Palladium Apartments and was hit with a bust of noise as he stepped out to Union Square. Ahh, the hustle and bustle of New York. How he detested it ! He saw the purple NYU flag hanging just above him, the trademark white torch on the flag was his daily reminder: he was here for a reason and thats all that mattered.

He was unlike him to be running slightly behind schedule but he had been up last night working on his designs. He started his speed walk, merging west with the crowd down Union Square. In the heart of New York: Manhattan, everyone is always in a hurry, no matter the time of the day, the clich stands true for a reason.

Damn, he didn't have the time to grab a coffee today, now a headache was already creeping into his temples. He adjusted his brown leather side bag close to himself so he wouldn't smack someone who walked too close. Trust me, it has happened ! He has been walking this exact same eleven minute route for more than a year now. He could have opted to take the seven minute subway ride, a difference of four whole minutes but just the idea of being cramped in a matchbox sized box was unbearable.

He continued his brisk walk on University Place as the stores and shops faded away and university buildings popped up on either side. Soon, the familiar Washington Square came into view and he switched to a slower pace. In about two minutes, the famous Arch came into his peripheral vision, as he entered the square. The vast square was surrounded by university buildings, restaurants and places of exploration but frankly he was yet to explore the entire campus, forget playing tourist in New York. The square was already littered with tons of people, at quarter to nine. At rare times, he liked the visit the square late at night, when very few people would be present. But yet, he still couldn't hear himself think.

Just as he was about take a left onto West Street towards Stern School of Business, he stopped mid-step as he spotted a girl laying under one of the willow trees . It wasn't that she was laying on the grass in a crowded park, because many people were doing just that, dozing off in the shade of tress, But that particular girl lay there, pale, motionless, as if a corpse with headphone plugged in as the swaying curtain of willow leaves hid the sun from her. He was about to approach her to check if she was alright but just then...

She sat up with her eyes still closed shut.  Willow trees are unique for a reason. Their leaves branch down, as if curtains, to cover most of the tree. Unknowingly, He inched closer to see her better. She sat perfectly still for a moment and then slowly blinked her eyes open. And, the tears trapped under her shut eyes broke free and descended down her cheeks freely.

He halted in his tracks and at that time, time itself came to a still stop. The faint sound of the chirping birds faded away. The swaying of leaves stopped. People froze mid-step. The infamous noise of New York faded away. It was just them.

He saw her, only her and her sorrowful eyes. How could he ever describe those eyes ? Those beautiful doe like hazel eyes, surrounded by long eye lashes. The tears that swam in her eyes, then lost the fight and descended down her cheeks leaving slightly wet imprints behind on her cheeks..but the pain that was in her eyes, the pain in her eyes was indescribable ! so evident even from the distance that Asad felt a odd ache in his heart.

Then, the moment broke, she locked her eyes with his and held them for a moment before she wiped her tears away with a swipe of her backhand. Then, she picked up her brown satchel looping the straps through her arms and picked up her red cased iPad and brushed past him to go towards Bobst Library. Asad helplessly watched her fade away as she entered through the library double doors.

Slowly but surely, Asad came back to Planet Earth. Oh, he had to go to class ! He gave his watch a glance: it was nine and he was now late !

Taking off into a full speed sprint, he manoeuvred through people as he passed the hub of Stern: Gould Plaza. and raced off to Kaufman Management Centre. The lobby of KMC is always full, littering with students and faculty members. Forging polite manners, he brushed past clusters of people mumbling a quick excuse me'. Professor Johnson frowned upon unpunctuality, in his opinion, late students could never excel in his classes. It was only the start of the second year and he couldn't afford to fall into the bad books of a professor especially Professor Johnson, who is one of the most esteemed professors Stern School of Business, has to offer.

Slightly breathless, he pushed open the wooden door, one of the entrances that would lead to the back of the lecture hall so he could be lucky enough to go unnoticed. But just his luck.

"Ah Mr.Khan, How kind of you to join us this fine Monday morning." Of course, Professor Johnson would call him out in a lecture hall of four hundred students, and every student turned to look at him. Fortunately or unfortunately, the professor knew him by name. Ladies and gentlemen, take note. Being an ace student can backfire at you someday and this was a demo presented by Asad Ahmed Khan.  

"Sorry Professor Johnson, won't happen again.", he mumbled sheepishly, loud enough so Professor Johnson could hear him all the way down at the podium. Professor Johnson acknowledged him a nod and picked up the lecture again.

He found the first empty seat and sat his gluteus maximus down.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

After class, he went back to the first floor busy Sosnoff lounge to grab a coffee, the lounge was for students who were looking to both socialize and study but Asad couldn't fathom how one could possibly study surrounded by noise. For him, the silent Nyman Reading Room was the place to be for hardcore nerd sessions. While he was waiting in line, he opened up his textbook on his tablet and read as the line shuffled forward.

"Good morning, Can I help you ?", the barista asked. She was young burette, probably a student who worked to pay tuitions. Despite his full scholarship, he too had to work. His mother and sister depended on him, sending money home every month was a necessity.

"One large black coffee, please."

October rolled around; and New York started changing. The green leaves slowly morphed into colors of vibrant oranges and yellows and reds. It's odd how death can be so beautiful, because in true reality, the leaves are going through the cycle of life and dying yet we humans call autumn a beautiful season.

Temperatures started dropped and the warmer clothes were pulled on. But the new fall month failed to alter his Monday routine. Every Monday morning, Asad saw the beautiful girl sitting under the same willow tree. Thou, she donned a jacket now, the colder temperature didn't seem to bother her. She still sat on the cold ,now dying grass clad ground, with her knees drawn up her chest, and her head tilted back to rest on the tree trunk and who could forget her tears ? Asad felt like his stranger would be incomplete without her tears.

She is beautiful; there is no doubt about that. She had a petite frame that was most often donned in denim jeans paired with a simple top. Her jet-black silky hair blew around softly as the wind played with them, her hazel eyes, thou usually filled with tears, were absolutely stunning. But, it wasn't her beauty that attracted him . It was the sorrow that surrounded her, and her captivating, hazel eyes wallowing in suffering . It was a pain he was all too familiar with.

Asad didn't know why he left home earlier than necessary but every Monday he did and every Monday, he would gaze at the lovely woman. He watched as the greens of her willow tree began to turn into yellows but she sat there week after week. Every Monday morning, he helplessly watched her cry, her silent stream of tears always broke his heart a little and had him fighting an urge to go up to her and give the girl a shoulder to cry on, his shoulder.

Zoya Farooqui sat in a familiar corner of Washington Square, at her usual tree, leaning against the sturdy tree trunk. This faithful tree had been growing old with her, from her early days of childhood. The countless days she spent with her Appi and Jijju, and Oldie Mr.Tree Trunk ( as she  had fondly named him ) as their companion in the past were still ever so vivid in her mind and heart.

Even with her closed eyes, she could feel his gaze fixated on her. She absently ran her finger in a caress along the sliver heart pendent around her neck. It was a Monday, and her stranger was here. He would be here every Monday, without fail and all he did was watch her cry. Zoya never felt the need to hide her tears from him. She felt an connection with the stranger since that chance September eye lock: an odd, unspoken connection but it left her with a warm feeling, as if he was attempting to share her sorrow.

So she sat, she cried, and she reflected and in return, her stranger simply stood and stared with those intense chocolate brown eyes of him. Before she went off to the library, they would both acknowledge each other with a eye lock, just like the serendipity of their first meeting September Monday and then go off their own separate ways.

~~

Thank you for reading. Hope you all enjoyed. Over to all, tell me how you liked it. Oh, I am not a New Yorker, or a NYU student, so kindly correct me if i make a massive geographical error or such 😳

For anyone who would like PMs, please add ReyaPM' for PMs in the future, Do not add this ID, I don't use it for PMs..thank u

Much love,

Reya <3

next ch: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/100146770

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 10 years ago
aish-au thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
👍🏼update soon and pm me 
nilusoni thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
very nice