Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

insouciance thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Are Indians good at adapting western movies and soaps???

I watched Aap Ki Khathir today,and i must say,it was terrible rip off of The Wedding Date🤢(which itself wasnt that phenomenal movie and thus it beats me as to why it must be remade in hindi😕)..The movie was bad,acting was at the best low to middling,and songs were 🤢😭🤢

We have the N number of rip offs....Most of them being disastrous replicas of the orinigal🤢

and the less said about the soaps ,the better..soaps like Jassi and Ek Ladki Anjaani Si are adaptations of popular Spanish televovas..and shows like Dancing with Stars and fear Factor too are adapted to the Indian tube

Soaps like JJKn and ELAS start off well,and somewhere in the middle,the makers choose not to follow the Spanish storyline,and implement  their hackneyed desi ideas 🤢,and thus ruin serials...The best example if that of JJKN

So my question is,are Indians generally bad at adapting hollywood movies to indian celluloid???Why is it that most of the rip offs(Murder,Aap Ki Khathir,Zeher) are so pathetic...🤢.With movies like Black and RDB,when one finally thinks that Indian cinema has turned a corner,we're yet again back to square one with such crappy rip offs 🤢

your views😊

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago