Amita Udgata, Mehendi Jain, Hemant Thatte In DolI Armaanon Ki

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Pearl Grey's Spellbound Productions will depict a very today's tale of a girl and her dreams and aspirations post her marriage in Zee TV's upcoming show Doli Armaanon Ki.

Urmi, essayed by Neha Marda is very romantic in nature, filmy and lives in her dream world of getting a husband who is equally romantic. However, when Urmi's dreams come crashing down, as her husband is completely opposite to her dream man, she tries to mould herself and live a compromised life. But her life comes to a standstill when she finds the very important loyalty' factor missing in her husband.

Will Urmi be able to live her dreams with her dream man? Well, this forms the crux of the story of Doli Armaanon Ki.

Now coming to the cast, we hear that Amita Udgata who played the popular character of Dadi in Pearl Grey's Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya will essay the role of Urmi's Dadi. The woman is of the old school of thoughts who feels that once the girl is married, she cannot come back to her parents' house after having problems, and has to adjust and live her life with her husband till her death.

Hemant Thatte, who was seen in Star Plus' Ek Ghar Banaunga, will play the brother of Urmi. And Manisha Takkar will play Urmi's bhabhi and Thatte's wife. Gaurav Rana, who will be seen as the negative lead in Big B's debut fiction show on Sony TV, has bagged the role of the male lead Mohit Malik's brother. Vibhuti Rana who has acted in shows like Saraswatichandra, Maayke Se Bandhi Dor will play Rana's wife.

Mehendi Jain who has done shows like Beend Banoonga Ghodi Chadunga, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha will play Urmi's younger sister and has an important role to play.

As reported by us, Snigdha Srivastava will make a comeback to TV with this project. She will play Urmi's cousin sister who is a very today's girl, ambitious and straightforward. She will be the one who will dislike the suitor chosen for Urmi in Samrat (Mohit Malik) who is a very practical, cold businessman for whom money is actually everything.

When contacted, Amita Udgata told us, "Yes, I will soon start shooting for Doli Armaanon Ki. I am glad to be working with Pearl (Grey) again, as she has a very good command over her writing. The characters she etches come out beautifully and her story lines are very crisp and realistic. I hope this new show touches the heights of Pratigya."

Hemant Thatte said, "Talks are on, but nothing is finalized yet."

Producer Pearl Grey told us, "Yes, the promos of our new show are finally on air. Though I would not want to talk much about the story line now, all I can say is that this is the tale of a girl who dreams quite a lot about her husband and her life post marriage. And from the moment she gets married, her life sees a change wherein she has to compromise on every dream that she had in mind to be with her husband."

Doli Armaanon Ki which has a backdrop of Jhansi happens to be Spellbound Productions' first independent production will launch on 2 December 2013 and will take the 10.30 PM slot on Zee TV.

Edited by -Amanda- - 10 years ago