reason behind karn's misfortunes is his bad karma of previous birth!!!

_QueenBee_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
karna is a tragic hero of mahabharat and a very intriguing character and one with whom many sympathizes. he lived his life fighting misfortunes but was also on side of adharma which brought his end.
i just stumbled upon this very interesting story which seems to explain the reasons behind his misfortunes which is his bad karma or wrong doings of previous birth.
it seems after his death, he attained salvation or moksha as he had no burden of karmas. he had already suffered and punished for bad karma and had given the 'punya' of good karma (his charitable acts) to a lord krishna while dieing.

http://hindumythologyforgennext.blogspot.in/2012/09/karnas-karma.html

http://knramesh.blogspot.in/2010/03/previous-birth-of-karna.html

this story is from treta yug when nar-narayan forms of lord vishnu appeared on earth.
after reading this story, all i can say is karma never leaves anyone.

Previous birth of Karna  (copy pasted from above link 😳)

One thing about Karna is that he was not given the social status like pandavas. When Karna lay wounded on the battlefield waiting for the messengers of death, he asks Lord Krishna the reason for suffering in his life, because Karna was actually belongs to kshathiya clan and son of Kunti. Krishna reminds Karna of all the evil deeds he did when he was Dambhodabhava and how he fled from the battlefield and took refuge in Lord Surya and was destined to be slain at the hands of Arjuna. Although Karna is partial amsa of Sun God He faced lot of bad luck and disgrace in life due to giving protection to a demon Dambhodabhava.

The story goes like this:

Once upon a time, there was an evil demon king Dambhodabhava, in pursuit of attaining the boon of immortality does penance and pleases the Sun God. Unfortunately for the demon, the Sun God refuses to make him immortal but grants him any other boon. So the witty demon conceives a plan and asks for such a boon that would indirectly grant him immortality. The boon he asked was to have 1000 Kavachas(armours) and it must take 1000 Years to break each Kavacha, and the one who would break a Kavacha would instantly die. Nara and Narayana was the avatar of Lord Vishnu. The twins were sons of Dharma and his wife Murti (Daughter Of Daksha) or Ahimsa. These two sages take avatars on earth for the welfare of mankind .The demon Dambhodabhava was named Sahasra Kavacha now. To fit to the boon, first Narayana pennaced for 1000 Yrs and Nara fought 1000 Years with ShahasrKavacha and after 1000 Years, Nara was able to break his one Kavacha. As Nara broke the Kavacha,he died. But Narayan due his penance of 1000 Yrs could get back life of Nara and Narayan starts fighting and Nara starts penance for the next 1000 years.Nara and Narayana alternatively penace and fight for 1000 years and the cycle continued. At last, when they both were able to break 999 Kavachas. Petrified by the very thought of death, the wicked demon fled from the battlefield seeking refuge with the Sun God who had given the boon.
ShahasraKavacha hides himself behind the Surya with his last Kavacha due to fear that he would be killed by Nara and Narayana then. Both the heroes of the war, Nara and Narayana chased him and demanded Lord Surya to return the demon to them. But Lord Surya who had given Dambhodabhava the promise to protect him, refused Nara and Narayana to hand over the demon. At this time, there was Pralaya on Earth due to the change of the Yuga. Thus ShahasraKavachaescapes death. In Dwapar Yuga, amsa of Lord Surya and Dambhodabhava was reborn as Karna with Kavacha and Nar and Narayan as Arjun and Krishna respectively. Hence, Karna was affected with "split personality". Finally it was Narayana who declared that the last of the thousand kavacha's would be broken by Nara in the Dwapara Yuga when Nara would be born as Arjuna and the wicked Dambhodabhava as Karna. since ShahasraKavacha had the boon that whenever his kavach would be broken by someone, he must die. and unlike nar from nar-narayan, arjun never had the mantra to come back from death. So, Indra dev came in disguise of a sage and took away the kavach from karna before his fight with arjun.
The incarnation of Krishna was to relieve the burden of the earth. The Earth was overpowered by hosts of demon armies like Daityas and Danavas who descended to the Earth taking birth as kings in royal families although previously killed also as demons battling the demigods. In order to lessen this burden of the Earth, the Supreme Lord Krishna descended and manifested Himself in the Yadava dynasty.
knr

Edited by Queen22 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanx for sharing it ðŸ˜ƒ
_QueenBee_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: debasree04

Thanx for sharing it ðŸ˜ƒ

ur welcome
 ðŸ˜ƒ
mastershifu thumbnail
thank you so much for the info... i like karna... the most misunderstood king n person and the most unfortunate one in the whole mahabharat😭
_QueenBee_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: mastershifu

thank you so much for the info... i like karna... the most misunderstood king n person and the most unfortunate one in the whole mahabharat😭

i also love karna. but after reading this story i feel everything happens for a reason and karma always follows one.
i always wondered before why shri krishna never helped out karna and give a better direction to his life but i guess now i understood it's because he wanted karn's soul to be liberated. god had a different purpose of him.
S.n.e.h thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i always used to wonder how come Karna does not have previous birth story...coz every single character has a story behind his/her MB story

its interesting ...and is making me think more about Karna fate

tfs..
Edited by snehalS - 10 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Interesting.  Only issue - Karna was beheaded by the anjalika, so how could he have asked Krishna anything once Arjun killed him?  It wasn't like he was wounded & slowly died
_QueenBee_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Interesting.  Only issue - Karna was beheaded by the anjalika, so how could he have asked Krishna anything once Arjun killed him?  It wasn't like he was wounded & slowly died

thank u

hmm .. don't know so much detail, 😆 please excuse me for that. 😳
may be it happened at the very moment he died. may be when karna was sent back for 15 days to do pitru-paksh!!! not sure ...

himba thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Queen22

thank u

hmm .. don't know so much detail, 😆 please excuse me for that. 😳
may be it happened at the very moment he died. may be when karna was sent back for 15 days to do pitru-paksh!!! not sure ...

Thanks for the infi----but what is the Pitru-paksh?\
_QueenBee_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: himba

Thanks for the infi----but what is the Pitru-paksh?\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitru_Paksha

When the legendary donor Karna died in the epic Mahabharata war, his soul transcended to heaven, where he was offered gold and jewels as food. However, Karna needed real food to eat and asked Indra, the lord of heaven, the reason for serving gold as food. Indra told Karna that he had donated gold all his life, but had never donated food to his ancestors in Shraddha. Karna said that since he was unaware of his ancestors, he never donated anything in their memory. To make amends, Karna was permitted to return to earth for a 15-day period, so that he could perform Shraddha and donate food and water in their memory. This period is now known as Pitru Paksha.