Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

So which ancestors did Karna offer his oblations to?  Surya dev?  Adiratha & his ancestors?  Kuntibhoj & his ancestors?  Shurasena?  Pandu to Budh?  Which ancestors was he asked to, or did feed?

Hopefully, for this leg at least, he was nowhere near Kurukshetra nor Hastinapur, but instead, either in Kuntirajya or somewhere close?

Edited by bhas1066 - 10 years ago
Ryuki thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I don't know this story before..Thanks for sharing ⭐️👏
HaymurS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
tfs...
interesting one...
karn is a pretty interesting n different character n one of the most debated over Mahabharata
Neutral2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
The story has many loophole.
1. If Sahasrakavach was spare by nara-narayan then who killed demon Sahasrakavach with the one left divine kavach. If Karn was reborn of Sahasrakavach then demon have to die first.

2. If surya dev can give 1000 divine kavach to king Dambhodbhava then why cant he give another divine kavach to his son Karn when Indra has taken it from karn. After all Dev Indra has given even vajra to Arjun.

3. There is mention of King Dambhodbhava in kmg Udyoga parva. He challenged nara-narayan in fight, defeated by them and then fall into the feet of Nara for forgiveness. Both Nara-Narayan forgive him and he left for austerity and become righteous king. Ther is not mention of intervening of Surya dev.

4. I think the kavach given to Karn was the celestial kavach originated from Samudra Manthan. Only one kavach (Indestrictible Armour) is originated from it with Vajra (Indestructible weapon). Vajra was given to Dev Indra and Kavach was given to Surya dev. Surya give to karn for his safety.
Raghuji thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
There is another version which say, in Rama avatar , Sugreev got full support from Him. Sugreev was Surya putra. Rama had to kill Vaali, who was Indra putra , hence the reverse happened during Krishna avatar - Karmic balance. Karna is a combination of Sugreev and sahasrakavachEdited by Raghuji - 10 years ago
aaryan_aaryan thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
i dont belive in this story

karna was an incarnation of shani dev who was also the son of surya dev.and the reasons for karna's sufferings was due to curse of surya dev's wife to shani dev that in future he will take a human form & suffer alot . it is written clearly in skanda purana by the same ved vyas who narrated mahabharat .

skanada purana is about kartikeya & it also mentions about karna and his life.

i think skanda puaran is more relevant than some blongs.
aaryan_aaryan thumbnail
i dont belive in this story

karna was an incarnation of shani dev who was also the son of surya dev.and the reasons for karna's sufferings was due to curse of surya dev's wife to shani dev that in future he will take a human form & suffer alot . it is written clearly in skanda purana by the same ved vyas who narrated mahabharat .

skanada purana is about kartikeya & it also mentions about karna and his life.

i think skanda puaran is more relevant than some blogs.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
A really informative thread thank you