Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tamara27 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Aww how cute is this story? I love love love it. Asad's reaction to Zoya wanting to sleep in his shirt and then his line about saving the shirts for his wife was hilarious and sweet at the same time. Adore this story and your writing :)
πŸ‘
pm me next time when u'll update
i liked it πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜³
Guguminti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I juat wish at this moment Dilsha would have been out
And I want to kill this Ayan
Such a beautiful convo was going on and it was interrupted Arghhh πŸ˜‘

Please continue soon 
Don't take much time 
Waiting eagerly for the next update
akaswan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Just awesome it's a very good story continue soon please πŸ˜†
dixeij thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Guguminti

I juat wish at this moment Dilsha would have been out

And I want to kill this Ayan
Such a beautiful convo was going on and it was interrupted Arghhh πŸ˜‘

Please continue soon 
Don't take much time 
Waiting eagerly for the next update

Haha, cool to have my readers feel this connection. Thanks!
dixeij thumbnail

Originally posted by: nnn

Be ware you are absolutely to write about zoya in asad's shirts and also the way asad thoughπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

i loved the part where asad said for my wife !! πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

he's a planned person indeed ! strategy as he calls it πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

i loved this completely actuallyy❀️

thanks for the pm and please continue soonnnπŸ˜‰

Hmmm, Zoya in Asad's shirt? Would love to. Let's see. Though I have done a version of it in my FF: Prem Kahani hai Mushkil. She's worn kurta and shirt. Shirt was day after suhaag raat!
aglaeca9 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Sweet story
continue soon n pm me
dixeij thumbnail

Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji

"Hi Bhai and bhabhijaan!" teased Ayaan. He didn't miss bhaijaan's curled fist. He grinned shamelessly.

"Oh, my bad! I shouldn't have barged in on the newlyweds like that."

He looked from one's face to the other and was rewarded with twin blushes. He knew of the awkwardness between the two of them and found it hilarious that such strong-minded people as themselves had turned into tongue-tied, blushing teens. Hmm, wonder what the sleeping arrangements were like! Bhai probably sleeps in the car!

"Hi Raabert," said Zoya with a smile. Asad looked at her with a pang. Why couldn't she be more like that with him?

"So lovebirds, how was your date yesterday, hunh?

Both ducked and dodged like skittish colts.

"I'll go help phu"-- Ammi in the kitchen," Zoya said fleeing from Ayaan's taunts and the bittersweet memories of their date.

But once she was outside she remembered that she had wanted to change into a pretty suit so that she looked like a new dulhan instead of a grungy guest.

She tiptoed back in. "Umm, sorry, excuse me, I'll just grab my clothes and change in my room. I mean ... the other room."

"Nahin!" Asad shot up from the settee. "Ms. ... Aap ... we'll go outside and you can change here."

She nodded, head bent. Ayaan nearly choked. These two were too funny. How long would they keep this up? He would have to do something to end this unnecessary misery or he would never have his old bhaijaan and Mona darling back. And forget about nieces and nephews for him to give piggy back rides to. He'd be a granddad before these two went beyond Ms. Farooqui and Mr. Khan.

He laughed out loud.  "Haan, haan, Ms. Farooqui. Mr. Khan and I will step outside," he leered. Asad dragged him outside by his collar.

Zoya tried her best to dress as carefully as possibly. After wearing her jewelry and putting on her make-up, she burst into tears. She looked like a clown. This was the first time she was using Mr. Khan's bathroom and she didn't want to leave it messy. But the sight of her over made up face in the mirror was too much to bear. She wanted to fling the bangles to the floor and smash the blushes and shadows into the walls.

After a good cry, she wiped her face clear and kept it simple. Go with what you know Zoya. You are what you are. The jewelry wasn't her either. She just wore long earrings and her engagement ring on her finger.

When she stepped out, Dilshad looked at her appreciatively and removing kohl from her own eyes and rubbed it behind Zoya's ear.

"Mashallah, kitni khubsurat lag rahi ho tum. Kissi ki nazar na lagey" But she didn't miss the red-rimmed eyes and exaggerated smile. It'll be fine, beta. I'll fix it. Don't worry, she wanted to say.

Zoya looked around and found the room empty. Not that she was looking for her husband or anything.

"Asad aur Ayaan ko maine kuchh laaney bheja hai," Dilshad informed her.

And the next minute, the show was on.

When ten minutes later Dilshad looked at Zoya she beamed with delighted pride. Thank goodness, it had worked out. Mehnaz had breezed in, a breath of fresh air, giggles, gifts, hugs and non-stop chatter. She was followed by her husband with the most adorable package of mischief in his arms.

When Zoya looked at Rehan, it was love at first sight for both of them. Fully aware of his charms, he leaped into his brand new mumani's arms as though he'd known her all of the two years of his life.

And when Asad walked in some minutes later to see his glowing bride barely hanging on to a squirming bundle of noisy disaster, Dilshad knew her work was done. Ab Hadj ko jaaungi main, she patted her back.

He greeted his cousin and her husband distractedly, but had eyes only for Zoya. Enchanted, he watched her talk and play with the child. She looked divine in a pale blue suit. She had done something different to her hair; her smile and eyes were luminous. His eyes followed them to the kitchen where Zoya put Rehan on the counter while she found him snacks. He swung his little chubby legs restlessly wanting to be put down.

"Mani, down, down," he gestured and squealed.

Ayaan joined the fun and scooped him over his shoulders. Rehan whooped with delight. Asad watched Zoya look up at him and feed him grapes while he rode on Ayaan's shoulders. Ayaan dodged and Zoya chased them.

He could have kicked himself. Why hadn't he been the one to pick up Rehan on his shoulders? He could have punched Ayaan. Moron. Always running after girls. That's my wife! Stay the hell away from her.

Dilshad saw his jaw clench and could have screamed and pulled her hair out. Ya Allah! Yeh ladka! She had walked the horse to the water, how to make the duffer drink though? She would have to do all the work around here. Hadj would have to wait.

She walked over to Ayaan to take Rehan in her arms.

"Come, my baby will sit with Nani and tell me all about his friends." And she went and sat down next to Asad on the couch.

"Did you say hi to your Asad Mamu?" And she passed the child into his arms and glared at her son. Here, make this work now, she seemed to say.

But Rehan was done with being the parcel that kept getting bounced around. He skipped away to Zoya to mooch for more snacks. Asad followed him this time and Dilshad breathed a sigh of relief.

He stood next to Zoya and said softly, "I'll take care of him, aap snacks and tea offer kar dijiye."

But as Zoya moved to serve everyone with a heavily laden tray, Rehan followed like an eager puppy. Before he could trip her up, Asad dived to scoop him up and deposit him on the counter.

"Popcorn chahiye?" he tried to distract the little demon from following his wife around.

Mumani ki poonchh!

"Yes!" said his new best friend.

Asad rummaged for popcorn knowing that both Najma and Zoya had heaps of it when they watched sappy Bollywood films together. Popping a bag in the microwave he lifted Rehan to press the buttons. Together, they watched the glowing window and waited for the bag to inflate and kernels to explode.

This time it was Zoya's turn to be charmed by her husband holding a baby in his arms and performing domestic duties. She couldn't resist joining them. She carried the bowl of grapes to them and teased Rehan by moving the grape up and down and around, just out of his reach. He loved the game and wiggled in Asad's arms. Zoya giggled and Asad watched, besotted.

But Rehan was done with this game. He grabbed her bobbing hand in both of his and bit down to chomp on the grape, biting her finger in the process. Her hiss of pain made an already electrified Asad go taut with desire. His hungry eyes sought out hers and their gazes snagged, naked with longing. He wanted to grab her hand and bite her finger as he snaked his tongue to wrap it around a grape in her grasp. He wanted to hear that hiss as he soothed the bite with firm erotic strokes of his tongue.

Rehan clapped. The popcorn was ready but the grown ups were not getting it out. He leaned to grab the door handle nearly falling out of his distracted Mamu's arms. The spell broke. Zoya turned away, her face on fire. Oh god, Mr. Khan don't look at me like that, I'll melt right here.

Ayaan turned back to look at them and smirked. These two! So useless. He expected this shyness of bhaijaan, but Mona? This needed some serious intervention. 

"Bhai! Badi ammi wants us to go get some things for Rehan. We'll take my bike. It'll be quicker."

Asad reluctantly handed Rehan to Zoya. He could have put the imp down but somehow transferring him from his arms to hers felt more intimate. Their hands and arms brushed against each other, and each raised stricken eyes to one another again. Ayaan noticed these desperate eyelocks, hot gazes that clung and refused to disengage, and grinned. Slow and steady. Or may be these two needed to be sent headlong over the cliff.

Near the door, Ayaan halted and said loudly, "Bhai, why don't you take Zoya with you instead? Here's the shopping list. I want to talk to jeeju about something."

And in a flash, he had grabbed Rehan out of Zoya's unsuspecting arms and pushed her toward bhai throwing him the keys. Asad caught the airborne keys, thankful that it allowed him to hide the stark hope on his face.

Zoya wrung her hands and twisted the ring on her finger. She raised grateful eyes to Ayaan's and gasped when she saw him wink at her and point his chin to the door.

Asad held the door open for her, "chalen?"

"Jee," she said with a bowed head and exited with him behind her.

Neither caught the hoots of laughter that followed after the door closed.

"So Khala," boasted Mehnaz archly. "Is my son a cupid or what?"

He took the long way. After riding around in circles for some time, that is.

And then he discovered the power of braking. It made her slide closer to him and flutter a panicky hand on his waist or shoulder. The first few times she re-adjusted. But then she gave up and let her arm remain at his shoulder. He made it a point to go through the most crowded chowk. More stop and go traffic. Who knew love contributed to greenhouse gas emissions too?

It took more than a few shops to round up things on Rehan's wish list. Asad didn't even bother to question why his cousin would come so ill-prepared. The kid was a toddler, not an infant. Surely she knew by now which supplies to travel with? But bless her forgetful heart.

Browsing through shelves, he took a chance and told her huskily, "umm ... Zoya?" Her eyes darted anxiously to his.

"You look beautiful."

She beamed her 440-volt smile at him and he forgot what else he was about to say to her. He bumped into an older woman who glared at him.

Zoya was loving shopping with her newly minted husband. They blithely discussed and debated brands and counts. While Asad ran cost-benefit analyses, Zoya argued in favor of superior quality and cuter cartoon characters.

Not once did they feel the need to call home to confirm duplicate purchases. They just bickered and bought.

With a lighter wallet and heart, Asad stole a glance at Zoya. With a pang he wondered when they would shop like this for themselves. A fist of pure longing sucker punched him in the gut. He wanted a little boy like Rehan with Zoya. And a little girl too.

Tell her, you fool.

Back in the parking lot they remembered. They had traveled by bike not car. How would this fit? Shop assistants were dispatched to tie boxes and bags as snugly as possible to the bike's back. They couldn't figure out why saheb and memsaheb looked so elated at so little space left for them to sit on. But the huge tip saheb gave them made them forget their speculation.

Asad had wanted to treat her to ice cream but how could they leave the packages unattended now? He couldn't figure out whether he loved or hated the damn bike. But, five minutes later, he sure was loving it. Thanks to Rehan and his scatter-brained mother, Zoya was plastered against his back. And because she could no longer hold on to the seat back any more, she was forced to wrap her arm around his waist. She had tried to just put a tentative hand on his shoulder at first. But apparently the bike had a mind of its own and was homing in on every pothole in Bhopal. She bounced and feared for her life. But once she held her husband's waist tightly, the streets magically cleared of potholes.

Thank god for corrupt politicians and contractors.

Zoya was exhilarated. She loved bikes and would have loved to ride one herself in her tomboy avatar. But sitting behind her husband, shielded by his broad back made her feel all femme and jello-ey on the inside. She had finally given up resisting holding him. It was too much. Her back hurt from holding herself so stiffly and the potholes didn't help. And once she had let go, she had let herself melt against him. How was it that the bike didn't bump as much when she had let herself lean into him? A few times he had held her arm against him to steady her and she had felt cherished and cocooned. The second time he had let his hand linger longer than was necessary.

And then she had spotted a kulfi matka draped with that familiar red cloth, and she had tapped his shoulder and pointed. When he braked, her other hand gripped his waist to support herself. And for a second, Asad almost held her hand in his to kiss it and place it over his thumping heart.

Almost.

They had double kulfis and played the handkerchief game again. At this rate, Mr. Khan would have to borrow back his shirts from his wife if he continued to consume street food so sloppily. And he would probably need to replenish his supply of handkerchiefs.

It was a good thing that the packages on the bike were securely fastened; Mr. and Mrs. Khan were lost in a world of lovesick hope and despair and the packages were the last things on their mind.

Back home, in the driveway, she disembarked reluctantly, and said to his back. Softly. "Umm ... Asad?" He turned around to look at her sharply, nearly giving himself whiplash.

"I had a good time, thank you." She twisted her ring on her finger before she fled inside.

When Ayaan came out to help him unload the goodies, he'd found bhaijaan grinning from ear to ear. Bhai could whistle?

Why not? She'd called him "Asad," she had clung to him on the way back home, they'd had the most glorious stolen half-date of all time and ---. His heart sank. Why was she so formal with him? Why did she have to feel the need to thank him? Was he such an ogre that even a small thing like kulfi and a bike ride needed gushing over?

Ayaan noticed the dimming light on Bhai's face with concern.

Edited by dixeij - 10 years ago
Zola029 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

great job !

Awesome long update !!! 

so ayaan and mehnaaz are also playing cupid ??? πŸ˜›

and that little baby too ??? oooh he's so cute !!!

and their improvised date was great!!!

finally their love-story is moving - even if it's slowly πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

thanks to dilshad ammi β­οΈπŸ‘ 

can't wait to read more ! do continue soon πŸ˜ƒ

ChocoBerry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Nice update. Loved the stolen glances n the longing that's mutual n every second of the whole scene was so well described.