Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sravss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Drona-Eklavya case: i heard that as Drona promised Arjun to make the best and Eklavya was better than Arjun to fulfil his promised Drona asked for Eklavya's right thumb.

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Originally posted by: sravss

Drona-Eklavya case: i heard that as Drona promised Arjun to make the best and Eklavya was better than Arjun to fulfil his promised Drona asked for Eklavya's right thumb.

Dear u r wrong Eklavya  reated Drona as his guru n he approached him for education being a son of bheel he refused to teach him so he practice himself n also saw drona teaching to kuru rajkumars this was enough for a sharp learner. Drons in guru dakshina asked his right thumb beacuse he felt cheated as he has not taught him any thing n he just observed which was unethical n according to him he has no right on such education so he asked this guru dakshina from eklavya πŸ˜Š
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Really beautifully described! Enjoyed reading! The way you have interpreted, I am just enchant!
Just reading Drona-Arjuna, Parashurama-Karna, Drona Ekalavya, and then one more was there. SO I just decided not to see and guess which one was it. But couldn't find out, so I looked and what do I see!
Krishna-Arjuna.

And my mind became πŸ˜³. Thank you for including my friend's guru-shishya relationship too. And calling it "the best and most ideal Guru- Shishya in MB" - β˜ΊοΈ
So once again, thank you for calling this relationship, the best. You made my day.
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Thank you for including my friend's guru-shishya relationship too. And calling it "the best and most ideal Guru- Shishya in MB" - β˜ΊοΈ

So once again, thank you for calling this relationship, the best. You made my day.

He's my friend too - and my guru.

Thank you for reading

Originally posted by: varaali

He's my friend too - and my guru.

Thank you for reading

Yes, Krsna is everyone's friend - sakhya margam. And by guru, are you punning? Of course, Lord Krishna is everyone's guru, but if you understand what I am asking...?
varaali thumbnail
There's a reason why I feel the Krishna-Arjuna Guru-Shishya relationship was the most ideal one.
To begin with, it was an impromptu one, created on the spur of the moment. 

Krishna was not an established or a famous guru. To Arjuna, Krishna had always been an equal. Arjuna had called him by name- Hey Krishna, Hey Sakha-and sometimes even derogatorily - Hey Yadava. 

The friendship of
Krishna and Arjuna had been on equal terms.

But as Arjuna realized, the present situation ( his sudden unwillingness to fight) was not one where he could treat Krishna as a sakha. If he truly wanted to be pulled out of the well he had fallen into he would have seek Krishna's help in a different manner.

As a shishya. 

Fully surrendered. 

And Arjuna does.

Arjuna does not let his ego come in the way of his upliftment. All along, Arjuna must have realized that Krishna was way superior to him in both skill and knowledge, yet Krishna had always treated him as a comrade. 

But when the moment of reckoning comes, Arjuna does not hesitate to fall on his knees and beseech Krishna to acccept him as his shishya adding that he, Arjuna had surrrendered completlely to Krishna
Edited by varaali - 10 years ago
varaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Yes, Krsna is everyone's friend - sakhya margam. And by guru, are you punning? Of course, Lord Krishna is everyone's guru, but if you understand what I am asking...?

Yes, pun was very much intended. πŸ˜† Smart of you to notice it.

Krishna was not an established or a famous guru. To Arjuna, Krishna had always been an equal. Arjuna had called him by name- Hey Krishna, Hey Sakha-and sometimes even derogatorily - Hey Yadava. [/quote]
Ah, Hey Krishna Hey Yadava Hey Sakheti.

The friendship of
Krishna and Arjuna had been on equal terms.

But as Arjuna realized, the present situation ( his sudden unwillingness to fight) was not one where he could treat Krishna as a sakha. If he truly wanted to be pulled out of the well he had fallen into he would have seek Krishna's help in a different manner.

As a shishya. 

Fully surrendered. 

And Arjuna does.

Arjuna does not let his ego come in the way of his upliftment. All along, Arjuna must have realized that Krishna was way superior to him in both skill and knowledge, yet Krishna had always treated him as a comrade. 

But when the moment of reckoning comes, Arjuna does not hesitate to fall on his knees and beseech Krishna to acccept him as his shishya adding that he, Arjuna had surrrendered completlely to Krishna

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Yes, pun was very much intended. πŸ˜† Smart of you to notice it.

What is the pun? I don't understand. πŸ˜†
varaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

What is the pun? I don't understand. πŸ˜†

My music guru's name is also Krishna. πŸ˜†