||~Happy 40th Birthday Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: A Beautiful Icon~||

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

||**Happy Birthday Aishwarya Rai Bachchan**||

November 1st, 1973: When it all began...

The queen that ruled the world with her bright emerald-blues that her eyes, with the precious pearls of her gorgeous smile, and with great dignity, warmth and ethereal aura. 40 years of memories. A legend. A lady. A woman of substance. 

A role for every season, the magic of every era:

Early life: Where it all Began

Rai was born in Mangalore, in the South Indian state of Karnataka, to Krishnaraj Rai, a marine engineer, and Vrinda Rai, a writer. Her ancestors are from the Bunt community of Mangalore. Her family relocated to Mumbai (Bombay) after her birth. Rai has one elder brother, Aditya Rai who is a film producer. Rai attended the Arya Vidya Mandir at Santacruz, Mumbai, then entered Jai Hind College, Churchgate, Mumbai for one year and then moved to Ruparel College, Matunga, Mumbai to finish her HSC. She was an A student and was on track to become an architect.

The Miss World Journey: Early Stardom

While pursuing her studies in architecture, Rai began modelling on the side. In the 1994 Miss India contest, she won the second place behind Sushmita Sen, and was crowned Miss India World. She went on to win the Miss World title the same year, where she also won the Miss Photogenic award. She abandoned her academic education after winning the pageant and spent one year reigning as Miss World in London. Rai then started working as a professional model and then moved on to her current profession as an actress.

FILM CAREER: The Actress and Her Reign

Early career (1997-1998)

Iruvar, Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya, Jeans

Success (1999-2005)

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, TaalJosh, Hamara Dil Aapke Paas HaiMohabbatein, Kandukondain Kandukondain, Devdas, Chokher Bali, Dil Ka Rishta, Kuch Na KahoPride and Prejudice, KhakeeRaincoat, Shabd, The Mistress of Spices

Recent work (2006-present)

Umrao JaanDhoom 2Guru, Provoked,The Last Legion, Jodhaa Akbar, Sarkar Raj, The Pink Panther 2, Endhiran, RaavanGuzaarish, Action Replay 

International Icon and Photogenic Diva

Edited by MocoCoco - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Daughter/Sister: "My family is my strength and weakness."

Wife: The first time i met Aishwarya was in August 1997. I was on a recce for my father's film ityudata, in Switzerland and she was shooting her first film, Aur Pyar Ho Gaya, with my dear friend Bobby Deol. I remember one evening Bobby invited me over to his hotel for dinner and Aishwarya and the rest of the unit were there. That was the first time i actually met her, although i had obviously seen her before, since she has Miss World and all that. I don't remember the moment when i knew she was the one, actually which is weird, but it always just felt right. If you ask her, she will tell you the same thing- that the minute we came together, we both knew that this was something for keeps. So, there wasn't just this 'one' defining moment, it always felt perfect!"

Mother: "She is my angel"

Friend: And yes, the way I was treated by Aishwarya. I can only say that it was special as no other heroine must have treated another heroine so well ever before! That of course was probably because she played host to us being the 'bahu'. She would always come around asking if we needed anything during dinner which would usually happen in Mr Bachchan's suite. She was really sweet and pampered me. Hats off to her for being such a big star in her own right and at the same time putting in such a great effort to fit into the family!"

Co-Stars

1) SRK: "This young lady has made our country very proud. She is and has been just announced the 9th most beautiful woman in the world and we all disagree with that. Because we think she is the and believe that not only in the world, but in the universe and film industry--she is the MOST beautiful lady in the world."

2) Hrithik: "One of the most selfless actors I've ever worked with. She gives her heart and soul to every film she works on and aims at the larger picture." "I have to admit she is a favorite--screen icon for all of the right reasons."

3)Abhishek: I tried to hide behind her face, which has been a bit of a repetitive thing that I've done. Whenever I get into trouble, I just stand behind Aish. You notice that whenever I have no idea what to do in a scene, I just go pop myself behind her and say, "Ladies and gentlemen, Aishwarya Rai!"

Quotes from other co-stars and others:

Aditya Kapoor - "I never imagined I would be doing a movie with Aishwarya Rai and here I am in two films with her. She is not only a bundle of talent but also has good technical know-how which makes it easier for the director."

Rajnikanth  "There is no other beauty in our generation like Aishwarya Rai and she is a born artist."

Colin Firth  "She is a beautiful and talented person. It was a great experience working with her," Firth said excitedly.

Vidya Balan  "Aishwarya Rai is the epitome of grace; I admire the way she conducts herself. She is by far the most dignified woman I've ever met in my life. She is humble to the core.

Julia Roberts  "Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world"

Roger Ebert(film critic)- "Aishwarya Rai is not just the first, but also the second most beautiful woman in the world"

John Abraham  "Honestly when you think of beauty, you think of Aishwarya Rai."

Sushmita Sen  "I think there is definitely a very huge price to pay when you are as beautiful as Aishwarya Rai is. There is huge price to pay when your entire projection has always been that of perfection. So even if the poor girl does something, as sneeze in public, it's news, and it's bad news So I really wish that media would give Aishwarya Rai a break because I think a girl goes through a lot of pressure all the time from everybody from the Madame Tussauds, to the world press, to English movies etc. It just like that the world is expected out of Aishwarya Rai. She is just a girl, she will take her time and I am sure she will come out of it."

Pooja Batra  "The way Ash has come up and taken the entire world by storm is a good thing for all of us Indian girls."

Beyonce  "I'm a fan of a few Bollywood films. I have seen Devdas and Lagaan , both great films. I loved Devdas the actress was amazing! I cried towards the end of the film," she reveals."

Dino Morea  "I wouldn't mind being bodyguard to a lot of ladies, actually. But, yes, I find Jennifer Lopez very pretty and like her a lot. I'd like to be JLo's bodyguard! Coming back home it would be Aishwarya,"

Atul Kasbekar(photographer)  "She's stunning. You can put your light anywhere and shoot her, and she'll look good. There are very few people who land on this planet genuinely believing they've come with a certain destiny. They are the chosen few. I'm willing to wager that Aishwarya genuinely believes that God has given her so much that she shouldn't fritter it away., Again, I say this in the most positive way.She may not say this aloud, but Aishwarya has, from day one, known where she's headed and worked towards it."

Zayed Khan - "For lack of better words, Aishwarya is truly fantastic. It doesn't happen often to too many people, but I can say that I'm a firm believer in God. I made a wish to work with her, and He made it come true for me. I don't know how someone can know Aishwarya and not like her. After knowing her, I realised what a wonderful person she actually is, and I'm glad I saw that side of her, or else it would have been a complete disappointment."

Martin Henderson(co star Bride and Prejudice) - "I have a soft spot for her. It's not because of her beauty,though she is very beautiful. I like the side that isn't seen.The real Ash is a sweet girl. She reminds me of an old fashioned movie star-So glamorous I think I was lucky to get to know a side of Ash that alot of people never see,I mean the image of Ash is this huge movie star which she is in India is one thing,and I think that was compelling,but you know I was lucky to spend time with her and get to know the other side of her which is a really sweet,very sensitive,and really loveable person,she giggles a lot"

Simi Garewal  "Ash is as beautiful inside as she is outside. It's difficult for people to digest that. So they conveniently conclude the sweet exterior hides a devious inner life."

Keira Knightley  "I've heard that Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world,"

Emraan Hashmi  "a conventional looker like Ash would be my idea of sinful beauty."

Sanjay Leela Bhansali  "Aishwarya is one of the most intelligent persons I've met. Her grasping power is extraordinary. She is all there. Always. Thinking. Questioning. She does her homework in the car on her way to the set. She is very graceful too. Even if I asked her to run down the stairs, she would do it so rhythmically that I would be awe-struck. I didn't have to work too much on her."

Will Smith  ''She's the mould that God made the first woman from.'

Kareena Kapoor  I would like to be myself. there is a deep respect for Aishwarya because her body of work is so great. She is the face of India abroad. So I definitely do respect her but as far as emulating her is concerned, i have my own way of looking at things and I know where I stand.

Sonam Kapoor  "I have to say that Aishwarya has always been nice to me. If she had a problem she never told me about it. She was super sweet to me when I met her. We met at Abhishek's birthday party and we chatted for a really long time. She is lovely."

Katrina Kaif - "I do not think that I am a great beauty. I rate Aishwarya Rai as the most beautiful woman in India"

Deepika Padukone  'Undoubtedly, it's Aishwarya Rai who has been invigorating my spirits. Well, she has been a model right before commencing her career as an actress and these attributes gets us closer'.

Having Fun with other peeps.

ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Birthday Siggies and Videos:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=techyLsssbY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wgbbNgID3pI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=72KVG24n02U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9fNeQyBD-Hg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-wQsC19z-Ek[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lOgePBhpUfQ[/YOUTUBE]

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
WOOOHOOO!! Party-time. Well in like less than 48 hours, but I'll be at work so making this now and waking for the Nov 1st. Uber excited!!

Early Aishu message: Please do not spoil me anymore with personal gifts ... all your love truly overwhelms me, love you too!

40 FREAKIN' YEARS!! And still a gorgeous, hottie. I love my baby!!!

I'll take it. YAY!!! party timeee. 40 Years of Excellence, 40 FIlms!!!

Unconventional thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful women i have ever seen..❤️May god give u loads of happiness and peace...plss sign sm good projects...we are dying to see u on screen...😊
bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
HBD Aish!
Indeed one of the MOST beautiful actresses Bolly has ever got!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
6 more hours to go!!!

She's actually celebrating with the media. So excited. Hope she does a Masand interview and finally announce a film.
ElOqUeNcE thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful women
She is the epitome of grace
hunnybunch thumbnail
Wishing a very happy B'day to the most beautiful lady :)
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Birthday Aishwarya !! We miss you in movies!!