Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aamir18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
This is short. You have been warned. Again, I apologize profusely for not updating till now. Midterms have been hectic and annoyingly demanding. This update COULD have been longer, but I want to spend time on the scene which will follow and set it apart in it's own chapter. I am so excited to pen the confrontation that will follow. For those who missed the note, the second man in the banner is "Tarang Kher" in my FF. He will soon be introduced. The man giving Tarang a face is Mohit Raina. Enjoy. 

~Serendipity~
"aaccidental discovery"

Chapter Two: Uncertainty

The first rays of sunlight seeped into the dark room and Khushi was subconsciously surprised by the unfamiliar warmth which enveloped her... confused by the feel of a plush material beneath her body, when she was used to waking up on the cold tiles of the poolside garden. Experimentally, she tried to stretch her arms, her brows furrowing on finding a strange weight holding her down firmly. 

She opened her eyes slowly, cursing at the intrusion of harsh sunlight, and gasped audibly when she saw her husband sleeping peacefully beside her. He was holding her hand to his rising and falling chest, his head bent at an uncomfortable position against his green recliner. Khushi twiddled her locked fingers, as if to confirm it was indeed her hand which rested so securely against him. Her heart soared with the same admiration she tried to restrain within herself--- the most peaceful pout adorning her husband's face as he breathed deeply and comfortably. 

She tried to shift her hand out of his grasp, only to witness a small frown emerge across Arnav's face, s is hold around her tightened. For just a moment, Khushi felt stronger -- with her husband by her side and valuing her presence, albeit unconsciously. 

As she lifted her free hand to fix his flyaway hair, the numerous blankets around her body fell off her shoulders. An unwelcome cold breeze swept across her warm skin and she stirred, looking down to see that she was completely bare. Her body froze as horrifically disturbing thoughts crossed her mind and stole the happiness -- lurid explanations for her nudity and her husband's tight grasp around her hand. 

She forced herself to recall the incidents of the previous night, unable to remember anything after he had tossed a blanket towards her shivering body. Tears of humiliation threatened to break loose, and Khushi quickly pulled her hand out of Arnav's grip, oblivious to the saddened look which broke across his face at her doing so. Wrapping the blanket securely around herself, she moved to the privacy of his bathroom, hoping that the water from the shower would mingle with the tears about to break loose. 

At least then she could lie that she didn't actually care. 

Perhaps the warm water against her body could wash away the dishonor. 

The possibility of her consummating a wedding that was nothing but a compromise and a faux. 

When Arnav woke up that uncharacteristically bright morning, it was with the strangest feeling of loneliness. Half asleep, he felt around cautiously with his hands, trying to place the mysterious source of warmth that he had pleasantly embraced at night. What had that strange warmth been? Heaven, perhaps. His mother's arms? As his hands grazed the velvet at the edge of his recliner, he woke with a start, recollecting the incidents of the previous night. 

Khushi. 

Arnav rose to his feet immediately, trying to locate his wife. The poolside, the bathroom, the bed. Empty. As he searched, his eyes fell on the clothes he had peeled off her the previous night, folded and stacked neatly in their closet, presumably dried by the blaring sunlight of their wide set windows. Arnav's heart began to beat erratically, desperate to clear the natural doubts he was sure had risen in her mind. 

Nothing. Nothing had occurred between them last night. Hell, he had administered the most impressive willpower to not glance at her body while removing her wet clothes. The thought of Khushi perceiving him as a man who would use her unconscious state to his advantage struck him. It... hurt him. Her impression of him mattered for reasons he did not know. Or rather, for reasons he wished to ignore.  

So on that thought, he swept open their bedroom door and all but ran down the stairs to find her. To set their record straight.

Please hit the like button and comment, to make me happy 😊 Pwease? Thank you <3

CHAPTER THREE: I R I L I T Y

Shameless Promoting? 

I have tried a new Two Shot. If time permits, do check it out. Thank you! 

Edited by aamir18 - 8 years ago
P4rveen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Amazing and brilliant update, yet quite emotional.

Loved the way Khushi was staring at Arnav when she woke up, bless he looked so peaceful. 

But Khushi saw her state of undress and realised that she can't remember anything and thinks Arnav may have taken advantage, such a shame because she is so wrong. 

I'm glad even Arnav has come to the same conclusion and knows khushi's has misunderstood the situation. 

Can't wait to read the confrontation in the next update, I'm sure we can expect it to be quite heated.

By the way does your story start from the first night of the forced contract marriage? 

Well the other actor tarang is quite handsome, can't wait to read how he is introduced into the story. 

Eagerly waiting for the next part,

Thanks for the PM xx 
Edited by P4rveen12 - 10 years ago
Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Just found this & I'm quite intrigued. I've never really liked reading about the first couple of days after the forced marriage but your use of words has been very well displayed. 
Hope you will continue soon. 
Vithagan2304 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
amazing chap
jus luvd it
plz pm me
Downhill thumbnail
simply amazing
loved it,
FLGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amusing how he still wants her to know he is a good man, after a FORCED marriage. Nice update. Thanks for the PM. waiting for the longer chapter you have promised.
aamir18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Shameless Promoting? 

I have tried a new Two Shot. If time permits, do check it out. Thank you! 

Amazing Chapter!! Keep updating! Waiting for the showdown!
stories.1408 thumbnail
Wow...nice update.plz continue soon
TaujooMadiha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
great story. do pm me from now please and i promise to comment on your every story