The Green Monster - OS

JalebiHearts thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Hello Guys!! Those of you who do not know me my name is Bubbly.

Now I know how much we all are craving raghu and antara scenes because of the weekend also I am eagerly waiting for the first scene between Antara and Satya so I thought of writing this. It has the promo scene in it too...

I have no idea about Satya's character so I have written how much I gauged from friday's episode 

Please read and enjoy Thanks!! :)  

Ps Id rather not torture you with my written hindi so please dont mind its in english!! xx 

This one shot is the continuation from the Do Dil Ek Jaan episode on 4th October 2013 :)

~x~x~

'What the hell?' Antara said as she paced the balcony of the flat. It felt like it had been too long since she had last saw him. When she saw him fall to the ground Antara felt a fear in her heart like she had never experienced before and when she saw he was safe, it felt like a blessing. But where was he? She hadn't seen him since then and it was driving her insane! A smile broke out on her face as she remembered those times when she did not want to see him and yet he was there just sitting on his balcony or in his jeep. And now? No sign of him.

Raghu had said so many times that he didn't want her to change but, he was the one who didn't have enough time to even see her. She was sulking on the balcony while trying to look busy when someone on the balcony across from hers started lifting Raghu's weights.

Satya had his head turned away from the rest of the basti as he thought about Raghu's smug face as he ate those spices and Satya couldn't keep up. His mouth was still burning from the spices he had eaten and this made him feel angry all over again! This was not how his first meeting with Raghu after five years was supposed to go. After all the years of Raghu making him feel inadequate he was supposed to be better. After all he was educated, handsome, rich. And Raghu was none of these. Yet, his mouth burned as a reminder of Raghu's win. He could've sworn his chili's were more spicy than Raghu's!

Antara bent her arm to aim the paper plane straight at the figure lifting weights on Raghu's balcony. How could he just sit there and not talk to her? She had waited at first and thought that he would notice that she was upset or angry at him but no. Raghu is a yeda, everything has to be explained to him so naturally she picked the method she remembered he had once chosen.

At first when the paper plane landed Satya almost did not notice it but a slight wind caused him to turn his head and so he picked up the plane still holding onto one of the weights to read the message on it.

Hey yeda! You should spend a little less time on your body, and a little more time on thinking how you are going to placate me! 

He turned around to see who had sent the letter but there were too many people around to work out exactly who had sent it. He looked back down at the letter, by the handwriting it looked as if a girl had written it. He looked back up to see a girl pacing on her balcony until she finally turned and looked at him with a confused expression.

For a few seconds she just stood there staring at him then she said 'tt-that wasn't meant for you.' she looked nervous, as if someone had found out her secret which made him smile.

'I guessed that' he replied. 'So who was it for?'

Antara raised her hand to put some hair behind her ear as she looked from him to the paper plane. 'Errm.' She had no idea how to answer that so she decided to direct a question towards him instead. 'Hey you are the one who broke the dahi handi! Satya right?'

Satya finally put the weight in his hand down on the ground and walked towards the edge of his balcony where he put his hands on the barrier. The girl was becoming more intriguing for him by the second. It had been a long time since anyone had called him by his name. If it was anyone else he would have corrected them but he decided to let it slide. 'Satya. Yes that's my name. And you are?'

'Antara.' She replied politely still looking around the balcony behind Satya.

Satya however, looked like he wanted to keep the conversation going. 'So why so angry Antara?' He gestured to the paper still in his hand.

'Oh nothing...' Antara stood still for a second before looking down then back at Satya. She didn't know if she should be talking to Satya but he seemed like a pretty decent guy. Before she could stop herself she found herself blurting- 'someone was supposed to meet me and he didn't show up.'

'Now what kind of a man leaves a pretty girl waiting?' Satya said as he looked her over.

Antara didn't know what to say to that so she just laughed slightly uncomfortably.

As soon as Raghu stepped onto the balcony and saw Antara laughing with Satya perched on his balcony he felt himself heating up, there was no way he was letting Satya anywhere near Miss Call. And what were they talking about? Why was she laughing? She never talked to Raghu like that when they first met!

'Have you got nothing else to do with your time?' He shouted across the space between them to Antara. Satya turned his ahead annoyed at the intrusion while Antara looked Raghu with a frown as his words registered. 'Raghu, what's up with you?' she asked momentarily forgetting her prior anger.

'Nothing is going on with me! What's wrong with you? Don't you have anyone else to bother?' Raghu had no idea what he was saying or why but he just had to get Antara away from Satya.

'Raghu for one thing-' Antara started before she realised they were being watched by Satya, so she cleared her voice and started again. 'You know what? You're being an ass.' She eyed him closely then finally turned and walked inside closing the wooden doors on his face.

Satya looked at Raghu curiously. 'So she's new huh?' Then he looked back to Antara's closed doors.

'Yeah...' Raghu said hesitantly, folding his arms.

'Where is she from?'

'Kashmir.' Raghu didn't like the way that Satya was still looking at the closed doors. 'Why are you so interested?' He asked

Satya turned his head back to Raghu and looked at him carefully while Raghu's face was still hard as stone not giving anything away.

'I'm not. I'm just curious as to why you look like I just ran over you with my car.' Satya raised his eyebrows as he walked past Raghu and laughed menacingly.

~x~x~

Raghu lay under the night sky on the hood of his Jeep thinking about how he had shouted at Antara for no good reason. He hated not having her to talk to and every time he thought about playing his mouth organ he found himself thinking about her again. It was impossible to stay away from her and since he was at fault he knew he should apologise. But how? She was never going to forgive him so easily.

Antara turned to her side once again and put an arm under her head, she too couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. She still hadn't heard Raghu's mouth organ but tried to fall asleep without it when she heard a soft tap at the door and knew it was Raghu who had come to apologise. As if she would let him that easy!

She opened the door to see no one so she stepped outside slightly to look around when suddenly her vision was filled with yellow, orange and pink flowers falling from the sky onto her then the ground. She smiled involuntarily and held her hands out to touch some of the petals as they fell. When they finally stopped falling Antara put her hands down and saw Raghu standing in front of her, she stopped smiling and looked at him sternly.

'You know it's really hard to say sorry seriously when you have flowers in your hair.' Raghu said as he started picking out flowers from her hair. 'I'm sorry about how I treated you this morning. It wasn't your fault. Satya just annoys me so much and when I saw him talking to you I just flipped. I knew I couldn't say anything to him because of Daya Mai but that doesn't mean I can take my anger out on you.' He stopped picking flowers out of her hair and smiled sheepishly at her.

'Raghu you have to talk to me about these things, you can't just shut me out.' Antara knew it was pointless resisting him since she had missed him all day too but he had to know how she felt before she gave in.

'Yeah, I understand that but you have got to give me some credit... This is my first relationship.' he said

Antara unfolded her arms and said 'well its my first too!'

Raghu laughed as he stepped closer to her until their foreheads touched and he put his arms around her waist while she put her hands on his chest. 'How about you teach me some things and I'll teach you some things?' He said.

'Really? What are you going to teach me?' Antara said teasingly.

'Well, when a guy puts his hands around a girls waist he either wants to kiss her or...'

'Raghu!' Antara said as her eyes widened and she hit him on his chest lightly.

'What? I was going to say hug her!' he said mischievously

Antara shook her head laughing but then put her arms around his head and brought him forward until their cheeks were touching.

~x~x~

I once read something about how writers often critique their own work harsher than the audience, this is very true for me as I do often hate my work and if you want to tell me its bad, dont worry I agree

My other works (Both One Shots on Rantara)

Good Luck Miss Call

To Die For (SAD BE WARNED) 

Edited by JalebiHearts - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

honeybees22 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thnks for this lovely os dear loved it sooo much 
write more
Edited by honeybees22 - 10 years ago
JalebiHearts thumbnail
Ugh!!  Every time I proof read it, it gets worse! Please dont hate it people!! 🤢

Ps someone give me a name? 
alishamerchant_ thumbnail
Omg thats sooo sweet love it yaar!
BabyHimavari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wow..such an wonderfull os..👏
alishamerchant_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: JalebiHearts

Ugh!! Every time I proof read it, it gets worse! Please dont hate it people!!🤢

Ps someone give me a name?

Sweetness Of Love. ??
JalebiHearts thumbnail
aww Thanks guys you lots are too sweet!! 🤗

Hows The Green Monster? (You know for jealousy?)
sonu-monu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hey dear such a lovly OS 😳
i really like this kind of OS's😆Edited by sonu-monu - 10 years ago
JalebiHearts thumbnail
Ok vote 
The Green Monster or Jealousy Is An Ugly Colour
honeybees22 thumbnail