Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Homeslice thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Chances : Lost and Found; Entry #1 
Great work! I loved it! You deserve to win!

Nisha ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Asya6 thumbnail
My vote goes to 'Lost and Found' which is entry 1.
I LOVE that story, it's sooo cute!"
-Afu
crazyfanofdsdv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The Sunshine of His Life
loved it
super cute
Nutella. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Numero Uno: "Our Dysfunctional Utopia" by asya1fan4lyf.
I'll admit it. I was in quite a dilemma: "Our Dysfunctional Utopia" or "The Grey Area" (because, hello! Mangalpur feels!) A special shoutout to -ForeverYours- for the brilliance that was TGA. But alas, I had to choose one. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here by assuming that I'm allowed to offer criticism along with positive feedback. I suppose the blame lies within the restrictions place upon the authors. There's only so much that can be achieved in 1,350 words. I get it. I also understand that it was from Asad's point of view, and an omniscient perspective would have taken away from the professionalism of this piece of writing. However, my understanding of the two protagonists was limited. The information that was offered about Zoya was superficial and physical. But then again, perhaps that's just me.

So what worked? Hold up... while I scrounge for some quotes. They reside in a special place in my heart.

"You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged; but one word from you will silence me on this subject for ever". - Need I provide the title of the book from which I have acquired this? 
"I am not pursuing you because my love does not allow me to be so self-centered. But I want you to be free from the misconception that my feelings have changed even the slightest in these two years". 

"You have bewitched me, body and soul". 
- It has been you, from the very moment I even began to fathom this captivating and consuming feeling that has hysterically taken over me, body and soul". 

This is a one of the major factors that tilted my opinion in favor of this OS, because let's face it, no Mangalpur will ever beat P&P. Add to all this the saucy exchange between AsYa, and you could say that my inner literary treasure hunter was satisfied. 

Also, the whole reunion scene was very cute.

But what I love the most was the dichotomy between "dysfunctional" and "utopia". Poles apart as those two words sound, for AsYa, they were perfectly paired. Because their ending, their transcendence to the world of happiness, will forever be tainted (or at least this is how I interpreted it). The last few lines about Zoya's feelings were apt for the situation. Spring is renewal and rebirth, not the burgeoning of every flower on planet earth. And this concept was perfectly depicted with Zoya's hesitancy. And that last word, "existing", provided a sense of completion to the OS. It came full circle because the dysfunctional nature of said utopia made sense. Their love wasn't dead anymore per se. Not alive, but not dead either. 

And that utopia will remain dysfunctional until Asad is able to break through the freshly erected boundaries around Zoya. Which of course will take time. Definitely more than the course of 1,350 words. 

Numero Dos: "Side by Side" by HallyH. 

Res.
Edited by -Jazzy- - 10 years ago
Snow_kf thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I vote for   Entry:6 and

Entry:9
CutiepieHarshad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
My vote goes to The Sunshine Of His Life By : Preet.Kc  Entry #8 n 
Dil  Ka Qarar  Entry #3 By : delka

McdreamyKSG thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Just Read them...All of them are excellent...Really well written and very specific to the topic given. Claps for everyone!๐Ÿ‘

Okay so my vote goes to-(not in any specific order)

1)Chances: Lost and Found by Madame_Noddy

The story  is great! ๐Ÿ˜ŠLoved the Hamza angle to the story! The characters and their actions are also very similar to what we have in the show...

Asad's character and his feelings are portrayed very well๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...

Loved the end!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Lovely Work!

2) Kal Ho Na Ho- By stereohearts200

In a one-shot, she has included a lot many things and that too beautifully!๐Ÿ˜Š

The beginning immediately holds your attention...

The characters are very show-specific.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...Tanveer's downfall and the end are amazingly described! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Great OS!

nilusoni thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow all stories are awesome
thanx for pm
nilusoni thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
my vote is for entry 1 and entry 5
rajnid68 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
All the very best. .to each one of you..
Each one of you is a winner..because you held me captive...

I would go in for# 8..
   " Ialways listen to you Mr Khan.The difference is that I listen to your heart and not to what you say..."

Then for #5..
     " It was not effortlessly done..."