Asad Ahmed Khan is a Hypocrite - EDITED

mochhug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
This is a simple post. I love Asad's character. His selflessness, his emotions, his practicality. I love him.

I also did get mad when he would hurt zoya with anger. And then defend him when its not entirely hia fault.

But today. Today Asad Ahmed Khan broke my heart. Why? Not
Because he gave up Zoya? No no.

Because he didn't get mad at Haseena? No.

Because he stopped Dilshad? No.

Why then? Because he went against his own beliefs. He did exactly the opposite of what he always preached and believed.

A woman, he said, is to be respected. To be protected. He always said that he would never let Zoya leave him. Because he's afraid of losing her.

And what did he do? Not only did he sell her, but he also disrespected her, and didn't even bother to ask her what she was willing to do. He made her do EXACTLY what he had felt guilty for before.

Forcing her into marriage.

A/N

This is purely my opinion. I do sympathize with him. I do understand he did it unwillingly. I do understand that he is also suffering. But its still wrong.
EDITED: I AM OFFICIALLY RETRACTING MY POST. 
Edited by mochhug - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DancingBell thumbnail
I AGREE WITH U...😊Edited by aksasya - 10 years ago
HmmBrazen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Lemme RES too... *pretty please with sugar on top* 
roopshas1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It is said that daughters often choose men who are like their own father as their partners. Zoya proved it.
Even without ever knowing her father, she choose a man like him for a husband. 

Asad and Ghafoor are so similar.
1. Women of their houses straighten up their pallus and become meek as soon as they become back from work. 
2. Both think that women wearing jeans or being out late is a sin. 
3. Both thought of Zoya's outspoken nature as being rude.
4. Both have threatened to kill her at certain points of time and conditions.
5. Both however started liking Zoya.πŸ˜ƒ
4. Both have a "terror" effect.πŸ˜†
5. Both own successful construction firms.
6. Both are sexy, handsome (oh yes I think Gaffur just looks awesome)😳 and filthy rich.
7. BOTH LOVE AND YEARN FOR ZOYA.🀣
mochhug thumbnail
^^^ 🀣
Edited: I'm laughing at the fact that you find Gaffur attractive haha. 

But I agree with your point. The man Asad hates so much, is actually his copy. And Zoya unknowingly has fallen for a man almost identical to his father in many ways. 

I wonder if it's because of a sense of security? Or why this phenomenon happens. 
Edited by mochhug - 10 years ago
sona_naksh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
agree wid u ...n hopefully he realizes n rectifies his mistake bfr its too late
mochhug thumbnail

Originally posted by: sona_naksh

agree wid u ...n hopefully he realizes n rectifies his mistake bfr its too late

Honestly, there isnt much he can do. He broke her heart. The way Zoya reacted when Ayaan told her the two of them had discussed this was priceless. Yes its her fault as well for not speaking up, but seriously. How can they come back from him just giving her away like that?
sana_sugarbun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I know right. My heart cried out for Zoya she was alone and lonely in SM. I agree Asad is also suffering but atleast he has his mom to support there. Zoya doesnt have anyone.

Look at the nerve today he asked to take care of her i was like "yeah right!😑First you trade her later ask to take care????
merrydock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
i'v always said the people have choices,  but it is their choice to make. i'm not saying what Asad did was right. may be shoud have put his foot down and  told Ayaan to FO, and let Nikhat kill herself. what is the worse that could happen Ayaan will end up hating Asad for not trying to save thier sisters life. but then you see Asad has not given up Zoya, he has not sacrificed her, he knows he'll get his zoya back, Asad love zoya best of all, he loves his brother and sister  too. i really wished Nikhat had died, but Alas!
what eeked me is the totalitarian and autocratic  institution of the Muslim clergy.   were all the molana qazi and committee members blind  which girl stands in a corner sobbing on her wedding day,  all the life had gone out of zoya face. didnt they once ask her why she was so sad on her wedding day,  was she happy with this marriage. all they did is  simply think of their cultural prestige, and their community decorum.  they could see that Ayaan and Zoya don't want to be together. but they ignored it. because for them peoples emotions not count. and are not important

Zoya was right Asad should have asked her what she wanted,  but probably he didnt ask  because he knows Zoya  will want to be with Asad.  she would never agree to this sham, Zoya does not care about the people in SH, she barely knows them. but she also knows that if  any thing happened to Nikhat Asad would only blame himself, he could never be able to forgive himself. what Zoya did is for Asad and Asad alone. now she is in a situation  that she does not want to be, and so she blames Asad and Ayaan. for using her like a commodity.

i felt really bad for zoya, her anguish was so visible. and her Anger righteous. but i hope this stupid track is over very soon..
mandarin26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mochhug

Why then? Because he went against his own beliefs. He did exactly the opposite of what he always preached and believed.

A woman, he said, is to be respected. To be protected. He always said that he would never let Zoya leave him. Because he's afraid of losing her.

And what did he do? Not only did he sell her, but he also disrespected her, and didn't even bother to ask her what she was willing to do. He made her do EXACTLY what he had felt guilty for before.

I agree word to word. It was kind of disappointing of him to do that. He has always been the one who has respected his traditions, that he'll never make fun of a paak rasam like nikkah. But then he himself agrees to a nakli wedding between his bhai and his bride. And above all he gave away his bride just like that.
But like you said we can't blame him for anything that he's done. Things wouldn't have gotten so complicated if Zoya didn't venture on going out on the day of her nikkah to begin with. But lets not go there.
I've done certain things that I am not proud of under pressure.  Likewise being human, Asad Ahmed Khan has also succumbed to pressure, guilt and responsibility. Situations changes people. Just because it was under pressure and the intentions were good, it still doesn't change the fact that it is wrong.If he thought it will all pass and he can get away with this, he thought wrong.