Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

evrydayirabbave thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ---Sonia---

true, But I think that you are already a hit writer at least for me you are...
I have also been that place where I see the other writers story and see how many comments and likes they are getting and I see my story...
I have also been there where sometimes I did not even want to write a update because I thought who will read the story.
that is why the comments and likes are encourages writers to write a update and do their very best.
thanks for sharing your thoughts:)

lol aww sweet of you to think so, but im really not
100+ likes always here, at most, 170 or something ðŸ˜­
and i send out 400+ pms ðŸ˜­
no prob ðŸ˜ƒ
-.Pari.- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I completely agree with you Sonia!

We put in hours to write an update and also pm everyone! We have our own personal life beyond IF too but still we take time away from that just to write updates and pm everyone. Then its really heart breaking to see less likes and comments and only the number of views increase. 

Every time I update I think whether I should even  continue! If we send pms to 100 ppl only 20 will comment ... what is the use of pming then!

And the worst thing is we don't even kno why they don't comment ... is it because they are not liking the story or is it something else!

Thanks for writing this Sonia! Its time for readers to think through the writers perspective. 

Love
Pari
rakenduvadana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
HI Sonia

I am with you in this

I understand the effort you take to write something. Writers only expect people reading their work and acknowledging it what ever they felt

When the writers take so much time for doing it, can't a person who spends atleast five mins for reading the chapter tahe a minute to respond on the same

I am a working women . Sometimes it becomes impossible for me to comment on the updates, Unless it is very diffucult, i always leave my inbox with the pms which i have not commented when i am busy

then whenever i find time i go on commenting on the works one by one. U may question why not when u read it. Its because of the eagerness sometimes I cant stop myself reading the update

Today also i was sequentially commenting, i found this pm

Initially I could not understand who this Sonia is , then i clicked on the link and found its the same india094

One more thing last two weeks I was stuck up with work So could not comment on your work in those days sorry for that

I tried responding the latest 50 pms today

xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I wouldn't say I agree with you completely but I do see you point. I know what you mean when you see an author is under pressure when they are not getting enough likes/comments and hence, they ask for it. This is fine. But the point when an author starts to threaten a reader saying if they don't comment, they will not update. Now this is unfair. 

You said that author are putting so much hard work, which we sure appreciate. But ultimately, it is the author's decision to share their work in the first place. If they have committed themselves to a FF or a SS, I believe they should fulfil it. We all need motivation and encouragement but we can't ignore the readers that already comment on your work daily, for the ones who don't. It's not fair on them. 

I write too and I do get disappointed when I don't receive much feedback  but that's okay for me. Because the readers that commented matters more to me than those that haven't commented.

I hope I don't sound harsh and if I do, my apologies :)

Love, Zoah x
---Sonia--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pari162

I completely agree with you Sonia!

We put in hours to write an update and also pm everyone! We have our own personal life beyond IF too but still we take time away from that just to write updates and pm everyone. Then its really heart breaking to see less likes and comments and only the number of views increase. 

Every time I update I think whether I should even  continue! If we send pms to 100 ppl only 20 will comment ... what is the use of pming then!

And the worst thing is we don't even kno why they don't comment ... is it because they are not liking the story or is it something else!

Thanks for writing this Sonia! Its time for readers to think through the writers perspective. 

Love
Pari

yes, I understand your feelings very well.because it is hard to send pms and then see the comments...if the readers dont want pms or not reading a story then they should tell that. instead ignoreing the pms and dont even reading the story...
---Sonia--- thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhusquare

HI Sonia

I am with you in this

I understand the effort you take to write something. Writers only expect people reading their work and acknowledging it what ever they felt

When the writers take so much time for doing it, can't a person who spends atleast five mins for reading the chapter tahe a minute to respond on the same

I am a working women . Sometimes it becomes impossible for me to comment on the updates, Unless it is very diffucult, i always leave my inbox with the pms which i have not commented when i am busy

then whenever i find time i go on commenting on the works one by one. U may question why not when u read it. Its because of the eagerness sometimes I cant stop myself reading the update

Today also i was sequentially commenting, i found this pm

Initially I could not understand who this Sonia is , then i clicked on the link and found its the same india094

One more thing last two weeks I was stuck up with work So could not comment on your work in those days sorry for that

I tried responding the latest 50 pms today

I dont mind if you can comment late...because I do understand that there is life outside this site and you cant always be here and read updates. That I understand really...

but what I dont understand is when a reader send a pm and tells how they love the story and do send them pms and all that and later they stop commenting and when you ask them...they say oh I dont read your updates. like what the, I have send them pms for some time and make sure this person has got the pm and later you say that you dont read the story, really?

that is something I have problem and later they try to be like oh I dont like this or that about the update.

Yes, I have change my username now it is ---Soina---
---Sonia--- thumbnail

Originally posted by: xbeyondwordsx

I wouldn't say I agree with you completely but I do see you point. I know what you mean when you see an author is under pressure when they are not getting enough likes/comments and hence, they ask for it. This is fine. But the point when an author starts to threaten a reader saying if they don't comment, they will not update. Now this is unfair. 

You said that author are putting so much hard work, which we sure appreciate. But ultimately, it is the author's decision to share their work in the first place. If they have committed themselves to a FF or a SS, I believe they should fulfil it. We all need motivation and encouragement but we can't ignore the readers that already comment on your work daily, for the ones who don't. It's not fair on them. 

I write too and I do get disappointed when I don't receive much feedback  but that's okay for me. Because the readers that commented matters more to me than those that haven't commented.

I hope I don't sound harsh and if I do, my apologies :)

Love, Zoah x

well, I do understand the point where you have said writer themselves share their work, that is true but I also think if a writer starts to threaten then I think they are just under stress dear...because I have also been that place there the school life and home life and work life was so much for me that I did become little rude, why because nothing was working for me and the likes and comment was low where many pms I used to send was really many. why I send pms to them who did not even comment because themsleves used to tell me oh, I have this and that. Now that is not fair for writer, no is it because if you are not going to comment then why should I send pms to you?
As you self have said that you also get disappointed because you not get that much feedback...every one does get disappointed dear and for some it is like should I stop?

for the readers who always comment, this post is not even for them...this is post for readers who dont comment and thinks that writer should send them pms...readers who think they have a right who can talk alot but when it comes to updates they dont even comment. sure it is unfair for them who always comment but it is always handfull who comment on time and the rest comment then they know if they dont comment they will dont get a pm.  Now this it fair for the writers?

..Sugar_ArHi.. thumbnail
This is wat i believe!

I believe a story get least likes n comment are because of the concept. A writer can never reach all d readers expectation. Some concept are too hard to accept and some look boring.

I do write 5 or 6 FF's but my tz one story get d most less likes n comment from my other stories.

Writer is same
The way its written is same
BUT
The concept and the way its folding in beyond imagination.

Regarding sending pm's i will say its much easier now!

But my way is different. I jz delete without informing those who was silent since beginning.
ManmarziyanTeri thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
I love this post! And thank you for writing it! I completely agree with you so I'll add my little bit to it too, if that's okay. 

I remember when I first began writing, I used to get like 3 comments per update, maybe it was because I had been so completely inactive at the time but to be honest it's just because writing is what interests me the most. 

Why I write is a whole different matter to what motivates me to keep writing. I must admit though as a rule of thumb I do not ask my readers to make however many comments before I update, what I do ask though is to comment as much as possible. Because at the end of the day who doesn't like a bit of appreciation for their work. 

Although I don't write with the expectation of praise, that is in the end what keeps us writers motivated towards constant updates. Writing fanfics isn't our occupation, in fact we all do it because we have a certain love for creating stories out of other stories, because we have imaginations that sometimes need to be put down on paper, but that we can do on our own time too. 

For example, I write my diary maybe six times a year, when I have time, when I feel that I can sit back and write in it in the post perfect handwriting that I have and so obviously it is the same with fanfics. If I had my way, I would probably update my fics once a month and leave it at that so in order for me to update more frequently I need comments and likes, that extra little kick to save me from pushing it to the back of my mind. 

Because let's face it, we all have a life outside of writing, most of us a very hectic one at that and for us to take the time required to actually type up an update is not easy to find. I myself, like you had mentioned have stayed up till maybe 3am at night when I have to wake up at 6am in order to finish an update. So if we feel so genuinely about what we do, then why can't readers give us a 2% fraction of the time we take to write them in order to type up a comment. 

As much as I absolutely adore long comments, even a short one will do, a little bit of appreciation as they say, goes a very long way. 

I know that infrequent updates are a personal bad habit of mine, but life really does get in the way sometimes, but I do feel that sometimes my updates come so late due to lack of enthusiasm. Maybe not everyone likes the same concepts or styles of writing and maybe we are expecting a bit too much but I'd really encourage people to comment. Putting up an update takes a lot of time and effort and shaping out a story even more. And if the story then keeps your interests and you enjoy it, I'm sure a comment or a like isn't much to ask for. 

- Pinks
xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ---Sonia---

well, I do understand the point where you have said writer themselves share their work, that is true but I also think if a writer starts to threaten then I think they are just under stress dear...because I have also been that place there the school life and home life and work life was so much for me that I did become little rude, why because nothing was working for me and the likes and comment was low where many pms I used to send was really many. why I send pms to them who did not even comment because themsleves used to tell me oh, I have this and that. Now that is not fair for writer, no is it because if you are not going to comment then why should I send pms to you?
As you self have said that you also get disappointed because you not get that much feedback...every one does get disappointed dear and for some it is like should I stop?

for the readers who always comment, this post is not even for them...this is post for readers who dont comment and thinks that writer should send them pms...readers who think they have a right who can talk alot but when it comes to updates they dont even comment. sure it is unfair for them who always comment but it is always handfull who comment on time and the rest comment then they know if they dont comment they will dont get a pm.  Now this it fair for the writers?

Sonia! I believe that's your name. 

I am not saying that authors should not ask for likes or comments. Of course they should. Feedback, both positive and negative, is essential for an author to improve their work. But to make certain number of likes/comments a condition, that's not the way to go. When you first shared your work online, you didn't make a condition that I should get at least this number of likes or comments. You shared your work for the first time without any condition. So why can't you do that afterwards? Yes, not getting enough response from the readers is discouraging, hurting at times, but I believe and very strongly at that, that even if one person read my work and appreciated, I would think that my effort has been worth it.  But then again, that's just how I perceive it. Your opinion may, of course, differ. 

Best way to deal with the people that don't comment - delete them from your buddy list. Simple. 

Love, Zoah x