Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -niti-

She taught kids for povket money ...

Even I did that without getting paid inspite of being a poor dancer

hawww...bacchon ne becharon ne kya seekha phir? πŸ˜†
enigmatic_zephy thumbnail

Originally posted by: styledivaDD

so i have a similar experience & a hidden wish me which i used to do when i was in 11th & 12th class. we used to stay in Hyd & there was a bharatnatyam teacher used to teach many in my colony but i was not allowed bcz my mom  used to say dance shd be learnt since childhood & since already i was 16 it's waste then ,i shd conc on getting into my engg. But i used to dance on all hit numbers myself seeing MTV  & one fine day in my engg 1st year i danced to aish's tal movie  song when i bagged first prize  & in all small & big functions of college i started dancing my self without ny training  & got good review ,when used to go home for holidays i used to teach my cousins & some small children in my appt  for dussera celebration in our colony so that won't make me professional right!! ,it sweet that  there is lil bit of tallent which she wanted to make perfect through jalak. bollywood dancing kisi ko bhi aa jata hai agatr interest ho πŸ˜ƒdance pe, πŸ˜›

You know what..in art i find the trained Vs untrained dancer argument ridiculous...if you have passion for sthg..then u will do anything under the sun to perfect it...

When fans try to put down a trained dancer just to defend their celeb...i find it illogical...

of all the contestants only sid, the first 2 eliminations..and shaan ( maybe)...have zero base..DD atleast joined shiamak dawar classes...

Its not abt DD..but the fact that people put down a trained dancer...

Originally posted by: mishty8911

people are so damn interested in every single detail of dd obssess more than fans really?
@TM n hashiboo bollywood dancing doesn't required training even sid can do it is not that difficult n what wrong if she teach small kids just from her building?
TM u said u didn't see dd dancing bollywood like really? I saw u in madhubala forum n u watch that show i know so how come u miss dd dancing there ?

Before you comment, it would help you to read and comprehend the lines properly  first...

Did my post say whether she is trained or not?
Did it not say this result cropped up as another search result?
Wasn't my question more on colors?

Really woman..don't try to hog the limelight...everything is not abt you..or your sole focus area in life...

Another thing, how do u know BW dancing doesn't require training...plz don't make random statements...what the hell was your celeb doing in the first place with kids...every danceform can be trained..whether you are trained in that or not is a diff thing...Why are you putting down BW dancing..it is very much part of Indian culture..and you might look down upon it..but I as an Indian am proud of this style..it is a mix and yet so unique..sthg that the west recognizes the film inudtry by..the dance has its own place...Plz do not make irresponsible immature statements..

Yes you might hv seen me in MB forum..but why do u assume i watch every single episode?..quite illogical rt..I have not seen her perform not once...no stage shows nthg..the only dance i have ever seen is the Mr. India day..when they had some function in their house...but then there wasn't much dance in that..it was more like antakshari...

Bottom line, stop making assumptions.

btw, shall i also add...i dont know abt her..but mostly..all these series dances always look nice..whereas in reality they may not be good dancers..hell i remeber ekta made karan kundra luk such a nice dancer in kitni mohabbat hai..and when i watched ZND..wat a disaster..

Edited by enigmatic_zephy - 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Woh_Kaun_Thi

I think dance instructor and dance tracher dffer. i haven't read anywhere that she was intructor πŸ€”

haan wahi to I was asking..ki colors is going bonkers again...but koi colors ki galti mana hi nahi chahta.. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: shumaila08

her nick name is chinky whats wrong with this

the word is unacceptable..nothg to do with her..
-stylediva- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: enigmatic_zephy

You know what..in art i find the trained Vs untrained dancer argument ridiculous...if you have passion for sthg..then u will do anything under the sun to perfect it...

When fans try to put down a trained dancer just to defend their celeb...i find it illogical...

of all the contestants only sid, the first 2 eliminations..and shaan ( maybe)...have zero base..DD atleast joined shiamak dawar classes...

Its not abt DD..but the fact that people put down a trained dancer...

So i have to disagree  with ur argument,seeing MTV or bogie woogie I could dance exactly the way but not the classical forms or international forms. They have do & don'ts in those dancing & when it comes to free style we can but forms it is very difficult & one more thing i want to say if u are supporting lauren it's fine, iam ain't crazy for any but trained dances are flexible & can easily understand any dance  form  but untrained one learn it for that while other than that if u ask the level two they don't have answer . IF u take drashti's latin american dances  they are level 1 dances all are the basic steps learnt during learning process. see learning steps are so hard to see imagine the level 2 dancing od ny latin american dance  & definitely lauren can do all those level 2 dancing & further bcz she is trained in those dances heard of them since age 3 she is trained . & DD for a while just like me dances in the baraths functionπŸ˜† learning tiuta phoota acts   for show πŸ˜† or stage performance or time pass definitely different na. see hema malini  she is a diva of bharathnatyam  she does a higher level of dancing than who has just done arengatem or who dances to bharathnatyam numbers for a movies & leave it,  So u talk of shamik dawar so let me tell u last year GC always used to give articles saying iam non dancer, go to his blog in IF & see his carrier he also did shamilk dawar  classes & also went to dance classes after shoot of geet with wifey db  donno what they used to do, But in DD's case she surely has that passion she is not stiff but definitely donno about  comp level dancing or forms. ,she never did yoga or gym so flexibility zero .  So shamik dawar classes  also there are levels like improving flexibility,aerobics, just  to learn basic dancing ,higher level dancing etc. In bangalore even i went in my graduation first year  it was first basic dance waming ups ,small bollywood moves, & i wanted to learn salsa so do & don'ts thus ended my learning basic level.so that could have helped her for her music videos  but i saw her working busy since 2009 dmg.  Lauren is trained since the age of 3πŸ˜†, DD,sana,ekta,shwetha, all have passion  & know casual dancing ,basics but no formal higher level dancing. I think 90% girls can sing & dance  good or badπŸ˜‰ depends on taking it seriously. trained dancers actually  is against this format bcz in Us & uk all are untrained or casual dancer celebs participating . Here in india they brought them  to spice up & show the level & interest in the show otherwise  general public who will see these casual learners.except fans ,which is really unfair for trained dancers but they have accepted knowing everything . SYTUCD she ended up 6th so i guess she is sana level dancer competing with them in their own latin americamn ball room dances & popuarity wise. Edited by styledivaDD - 10 years ago

So i have to disagree  with ur argument,seeing MTV or bogie woogie I could dance exactly the way but not the classical forms or international forms. There are do & don'ts in those dancing & when it comes to free style we can but forms it is very difficult & one more thing i want to say if u are supporting lauren it's fine, iam ain't crazy for any but trained dances are flexible & can easily understand any dance  form  but untrained one learn it for that while other than that if u ask the level two they don't have answer . 

No I am not supporting lauren, but in context of this program...if the concept does not differentiate between participation then why should the bias come in when considering winners...that's my point..and hence i dont get the entire trained Vs not trained debate...

You are doing a quota system..that come apply put in effort...but u can't win..

And by your logic of non dancer..sid shud have won the group..even you would accept...if you can copy tv dance u have inherent flexibility..if you have flexibility you hv the basics..learning dance.,.,,that's what the choreographer is there for...contestant shud show some growth rt?

Now imagine how difficult it is for someone like Sid to dance who doesn't even have the basics?

You get the drift???? and that is precisely the reason why this debate of trained vs untrained and them not deserving to win is flawed.

IF u take drashti's latin american dances  they are level 1 dances all are the basic steps learnt during learning process. see learning steps are so hard to see imagine the level 2 dancing od ny latin american dance  & definitely lauren can do all those level 2 dancing & further bcz she is trained in those dances heard of them since age 3 she is trained . & DD for a while just like me dances in the baraths functionπŸ˜† learning tiuta phoota acts   for show πŸ˜† or stage performance or time pass definitely different na. 

The point is wat u higlighted and i repeated.. is thr growth.. no!!!... zilch...

she started with lifts..and she is still doing lifts..

was she dancing on her own..no for good freaking 5 weeks..when others were experimenting..

even u know in lifts the male counterpart has to provide stability ..like in salsa the guy leads and although he doesnt look beautiful but the fact is that his job is more difficult in such dances..

so all those dances..salman was providing the strong grip..now tell me what was stopping them from attempting anything but lifts? y shud others not get credit for pushing themselves..

hv u ever noticed in any dance show...contemprory and lifts are the first things everyone learns? because it is easier to get these acts...to learn these steps...instead of doing a simple thing as a jazz walk...because getting that style is difficult..yet other attempted..they tried with various things..

if nothing else atleast they were on dance floor...trying to dance...give them credit for that..

see hema malini  she is a diva of bharathnatyam  she does a higher level of dancing than who has just done arengatem or who dances to bharathnatyam numbers for a movies & leave it,  So u talk of shamik dawar so let me tell u last year GC always used to give articles saying iam non dancer, go to his blog in IF & see his carrier he also did shamilk dawar  classes & also went to dance classes after shoot of geet with wifey db  donno what they used to do, 

Dont get me started on GC's win...πŸ˜† highly undeserving..i made a similar point somewr...

But in DD's case she surely has that passion she is not stiff but definitely donno about  comp level dancing or forms. ,she never did yoga or gym so flexibility zero .  So shamik dawar classes  also there are levels like improving flexibility,aerobics, just  to learn basic dancing ,higher level dancing etc. In bangalore even i went in my graduation first year  it was first basic dance waming ups ,small bollywood moves, & i wanted to learn salsa so do & don'ts thus ended my learning basic level.so that could have helped her for her music videos  but i saw her working busy since 2009 dmg. 

Plz dont say working busy...u hv been to a dance class os u know how many working people are increasingly joining dancing..people are pursuing their hobby areas...

I agree she is a determined woman..and not stiff. On her flexibility, I beg to differ..she did a split in the first act itself...how much more flexible can u get?

Lauren is trained since the age of 3πŸ˜†, DD,sana,ekta,shwetha, all have passion  & know casual dancing ,basics but no formal higher level dancing. I think 90% girls can sing & dance  good or badπŸ˜‰ depends on taking it seriously. trained dancers actually  is against this format bcz in Us & uk all are untrained or casual dancer celebs participating . 

then it is unfair to them rt? if u let thm participate and then come up wid the logic they shudnt win..same for WC...

even if that were true..judges are hardly fair in their judgements to others..

Here in india they brought them  to spice up & show the level & interest in the show otherwise  general public who will see these casual learners.except fans ,which is really unfair for trained dancers but they have accepted knowing everything . 

SYTUCD she ended up 6th so i guess she is sana level dancer competing with them in their own latin americamn ball room dances & popuarity wise.

I wud expect that..but then people got hyper wen i asked this.. πŸ˜†

-stylediva- thumbnail
Lauren is trained since the age of 3πŸ˜†, DD,sana,ekta,shwetha, all have passion  & know casual dancing ,basics but no formal higher level dancing. I think 90% girls can sing & dance  good or badπŸ˜‰ depends on taking it seriously. trained dancers actually  is against this format bcz in Us & uk all are untrained or casual dancer celebs participating . 

then it is unfair to them rt? if u let thm participate and then come up wid the logic they shudnt win..same for WC...

even if that were true..judges are hardly fair in their judgements to others..    

@zephy in this competition be it esha or lauren they are promoting themselves to establish themselves more than winning . THis is a bigger platform to get recognised,definitely Esha & lauren know it's impossible to beat contestants who have large fan following but she accepted that terms of jhalak & tried to show how best she is & in this process she got fans here in bollywood which would help her in feature winning & not winning is not important  now for her or esha. ESha actually didn't need this stage to prove her but nobody recognised her talent being indian & doing couple of movies with her  unbelievable dancing talent, she worships dance  & she is daughter of gr8 dance teacher daksha seth who runs a dance school arts school called Academy for Art Research, Training and Innovation . she practises 6 to 10 hrs a day but then a platform she herself chose to show how  talented she is & gave a wow factor to the show,she didn't win definitely injustice to her & also injustice to other contestants  who are chosen  no where near to her. but that attempt  was not to win but that was for herself first. i really hate producers & directors for not giving her chance in the movies to show her talent. i remember the same  karan johar uncle  commented about one of her performance ,saying industry really ignored ur talent then what he is doing??? so if some talented people are chosen for some programme against the format they come with their own interests & lauren pretty  well know she is not popular but she can explore herself as an actor dancer & could gain popularity with her exceptional performances. she may win or may not depend on voting bcz marks she will get. voting we can't say.It can be any body. 
Edited by styledivaDD - 10 years ago
-stylediva- thumbnail
Ok wild cards are brought to raise the level of the show & spice up the show & those people who accept those terms are brought  as wild card entrants, those people more than winning concentrate on personal promotion & how better they are from the others who are struggling. see ezaz khan was expected to come but didn't agree for wild card bcz he know he will be used & his hard work will not be considered. only thing he will get is personal promotion & some amount for those five or six episodes according to contract. sana need a big promotion to enter into industry  & she had a break time.she worked in SOTY but i didn't see the movie so i donno.

@zephy in this competition be it esha or lauren they are promoting themselves to establish themselves more than winning . 

agree

THis is a bigger platform to get recognised,definitely Esha & lauren know it's impossible to beat contestants who have large fan following but she accepted that terms of jhalak & tried to show how best she is & in this process she got fans here in bollywood which would help her in feature winning & not winning is not important  now for her or esha. ESha actually didn't need this stage to prove her but nobody recognised her talent being indian & doing couple of movies with her  unbelievable dancing talent, she worships dance  & she is daughter of gr8 dance teacher daksha seth who runs a dance school arts school called Academy for Art Research, Training and Innovation . she practises 6 to 10 hrs a day but then a platform she herself chose to show how  talented she is & gave a wow factor to the show,she didn't win definitely injustice to her & also injustice to other contestants  who are chosen  no where near to her. but that attempt  was not to win but that was for herself first. i really hate producers & directors for not giving her chance in the movies to show her talent. i remember the same  karan johar uncle  commented about one of her performance ,saying industry really ignored ur talent then what he is doing??? so if some talented people are chosen for some programme against the format they come with their own interests & lauren pretty  well know she is not popular but she can explore herself as an actor dancer & could gain popularity with her exceptional performances. she may win or may not depend on voting bcz marks she will get. voting we can't say.It can be any body. 

I agree with you on the contestants agenda...they come with specific motive and accordingly negotiate in their contract..

On Esha, I am aware ..infact the funny part is they showed on first episode itself how much is she into dance..πŸ˜†   

I am just saying that theoretically, if colors is allowing trained dancers to enter the show and WC to enter then they should not argue against their winning...they shud hv a fair chance..

From audience perspective, audience enjoys the dances rt? if a person is enjoying someone's dance then they should at least support or not say against their winning..

Rest I agree with you on the motives, and how the entire process works..every1 has the understanding..but i thot the debate was on audience not wanting trained folks to win...