My Box Office Predictions for MADRAS CAFE

srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
John Abraham has had a mixed year of sorts. RACE 2 was a 100 crore grosser and SHOOTOUT AT WADALA did decent business, but I ME AUR MAIN sank without a trace!

John's latest film, MADRAS CAFE, hits screens this Friday!

The first theatrical trailer of the film was released in July and received a fairly good response. The second theatrical trailer came out recently and went quite unnoticed.

SO, how do I feel this film will fare at the box office?

The answer is...poorly!

The film has problems that will make it tough. The first and most major thing is that this film seems to lack that "entertainment" value.  The masses will find this film boring. 

As for the multiplex audience, although this film will be a little bit more accepted by this audience, the fact remains that this film hasn't been able to create much buzz, John Abraham is not dpeendable enough to carry a film on his shoulders at the box office, and the film has a problem of wrong mix.

I'll explain what I mean by wrong mix: the film seems to carry a lot of action in it, which normally would appeal to the masses. However, there seems to be a good dose of english spoken in this film, and as I mentioned earlier, the lack of entertainment value...both things which it un-appealing for the masses and will make them reject the film.

The class audience normally doesn't enjoy action films as much, and with this film carrying a lot of action, that too done by a non A-lister (John is not in the "superstar" league), it makes it difficult for the classes to enjoy this film too. 

The film is directed by Shoojit Sarcar of VICKY DONOR fame, but I don't think he will live upto the expectations set by his last film. His MADRAS CAFE seems un-appealing.

Another problem that the film faces is that CHENNAI EXPRESS is still going strong, and it makes it even more difficult for MADRAS CAFE to work. The funny thing is, the city "Chennai" was formerly known as "Madras" 😆

Also, next week, there is more competition for the film with SATYAGRAH which will also dent MADRAS CAFE's collections.

Opening of MADRAS CAFE will be poor due to lack of buzz, John Abraham lacking power to carry solo film, the CHENNAI EXPRESS wave, and due to there being no songs to even talk of in the film.

My Box Office Predictions for MADRAS CAFE:
Opening Day: 4 crores net
Opening Weekend: 15 crores net
Lifetime Collections: 25 crores net
Overall Box Office Verdict: Flop

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
200 rs in those 25 cr will be mine 😊
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Agree with your predictions.

ChotaBheem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i would watch this movie not that i am john fan but it looks intresting.
fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
maximum business will be around 40-50 cr range
SudhaSangeet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks me too think the same way...

all the factors you mentioned will effect film, lack of promotions and buzz, plus two major releases before...

Wont deny this is a very exciting genre the suspense thriller...not unappealing for sure; Nevertheless very excited for the film...HOPE and PRAY its liked by everyone whoever sees it be it one or two people

Hoping it will be surprise this year.😛
srkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: SudhaSangeet

Thanks me too think the same way...

all the factors you mentioned will effect film, lack of promotions and buzz, plus two major releases before...

Wont deny this is a very exciting genre the suspense thriller...not unappealing for sure; Nevertheless very excited for the film...HOPE and PRAY its liked by everyone whoever sees it be it one or two people

Hoping it will be surprise this year.😛

the genre may be appealing yes, but i think this type of genre works better when it's done in more of a entertainment, stylish type like the Race series. Madras Cafe seems kinda dry in comparison

Do let me know what you think of the film after you have watched it 😊
srkat thumbnail
taran adarsh €@taran_adarsh

#MadrasCafe *revised figure* Fri 4.90 cr. Expect further growth in business today!

Happy I got opening day prediction right 😊

Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: srkat

taran adarsh @taran_adarsh

#MadrasCafe *revised figure* Fri 4.90 cr. Expect further growth in business today!

Happy I got opening day prediction right 😊

👏 
srkat thumbnail

Thanks bro!