Chat Transcript: Bharti Achekar (Kantaben

crazy_heenz thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Bharti Archekar

Transcript of LIVE INDIATIMES CHAT with Bharti Achekar at 12 noon (IST) on Monday, May 22, 2006 in Mumbai

"My best trait is comedy as I feel that I should be able to make my audience smile."

Bharti Achekar
TV actress

Minu> We really loved you in Wagle Ki Duniya . It is still very fresh in our memory. So far you have done a lot of tele-serials but which is your favourite of them all?
Bharti Achekar> It is definitely Wagle Ki Duniya because it was very down to earth middle class family story which many could relate to. It was a great idea conceptualized by R.K Laxman.

Karma> What are the things that you consider now while taking up a role and which is your best trait in acting?
Bharti Achekar> First of all the age of the character should match with mine. Then the story line and the production house should be good. My best trait is comedy as I feel that I should be able to make my audience smile.

Ajji> How did you feel when you were facing the camera for the first time?
Bharti Achekar> It's a quite a long time ago and I don't remember. Moreover since I was from theatre, I was never uncomfortable in front of the camera.

Mistyeyed_25> I love you in Kya Higa Nimmo Ka , that soap has me falling off the chair. What would your character Kanta Bai do if she found out that Kunal and Nimmo were in love and Vikrant was also developing feelings for Nimmo.
Bharti Achekar> It's nice to know that you like my performance. Kanta Bai will stand by Nimmo , irrespective of who ever she falls for.

Ajji> How does it feel to be counted among some of the best actresses on television?
Bharti Achekar> It's feels great.

Sadzaf> What is the advantages and disadvantages of being an actress?
Bharti Achekar> Advantage is that people recognize you and disadvantage are the odd timings of shooting.

Parag> Can you tell us the most harsh moment of your life
Bharti Achekar> The time when I lost my husband was very tough for me.

Ajji> How do you manage your reel and real life?
Bharti Achekar> I am a very fun loving person. What ever I portray on screen, it's the real me.

Mistyeyed_25> Which theory do you agree with and why – 'always be truthful while acting' or 'acting is the art of lying'.
Bharti Achekar> Always be truthful while acting.

Sadzaf> Any dream role that you would like to do in your life?
Bharti Achekar> There is no dream role. But I would love to do a vamp role because in acting there are two things which are difficult. One is to make somebody laugh and the other to make somebody hate you. I have already accomplished the former successfully, so now I want to try my hand at the latter.

Ajji> Are you planning to retire and if not then what are your future plans?
Bharti Achekar> why should I retire, I have I long way to go. I am producing a Marathi movie.

Ajji> So are you enjoying your new role in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka ?
Bharti Achekar> Absolutely

Sign off Message> Thank you for your questions. And thanks for appreciating my role. Love you all and god bless. Love Bharti