Asya OS: Twist, Sway and Whirl

Untitled001 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Here I go again! New OS. I hope you enjoy it!

oOo

Music is the food of love, said Shakespeare. How true he was. The music in my ears... my mind and my body was the labyrinth of my story. From harsh strokes to sweet symphonies... we'd moved to it all. We'd let our senses go and delved into our own little world where nothing else mattered. Music fed our dance. Dance fed our love. We loved like no other. We moved like no other. Our bodies were made for each other, it sang for the other. Music was what fed our love; music is what we had.

oOo

I was impatiently sitting in the greenroom, wondering were my friends are. We were late and we had no practice on us. So much for winning the damn competition, I thought to myself. I licked my lips as I stared at my hands, moving like ripples of water when a stone falls in. I turned my hands up and then clenched it in a fist. How I wish I could make the waves as beautiful as the enchanting ripples of the water.

I sighed, leaning back on my chair and humming to myself. I heard the shuffling of feet behind me, but chose to ignore it.

"May I take this chair?" came the voice. I nodded, absent-mindedly and felt my head roll back as the music reached its peak. I remembered the way I was going to move to it, how I'd curb my body to make me feel beautiful. It was something I wanted to achieve. I could feel the slight movement of my hips. I couldn't stop it; they had a mind of their own.

"Nice music," I heard the voice again. My eyes snapped open, surprised by the suddenness of the comment. I hadn't expected someone to be still watching. I twisted my head so that I could see who it was. It was some guy, his hands shoved down his pockets and he moved away from me. His steps were quick. His shoulders dipping with each step; his head was down as he turned a bit towards me and then back forward.

oOo

"Where the hell have you guys been?" I heard myself scream.

"Shhh!" came the unanimous reply.

"We were watching a fashion show. The clothes were hideous, by the way." I sucked in a breath so that I could stop from exploding.

"We need to practice," I said in a calm voice. They knew well that I meant business. They complied and we danced for hours till our event started.

oOo

We were all sitting in the auditorium filled with people. Our hands were together as we derived courage from each other. We stared at each others eyes and spoke about silly nothings. We heard the music blare and a set of girls and boys entering the stage. They all bowed in front of the audience before taking their positions. They danced in unison and rather unconventionally, but then the music stopped.

What? I thought. Has the music player malfunctioned or something. The dancers were frozen in place... Waiting for something... something huge.

We waited with we heard a boom. A man... a man with a black coat stood. His head covered with the hood of the jacket. He'd appeared out of nowhere, making me gasp.

Whoa!

The deep voice in the background spoke in riddles as he raised his head. His face was covered with a cloth. Blue, I figured. The spotlights were on him. The audience was dead silent as he moved forward as if a thousand times slowed down; his body moving in perfect sync. He stopped, twisted his head back and then swayed with the wind.

BOOM!

Everyone in the auditorium jumped. His head snapped back to place, his hands gripped the air and held onto it with great force. It was a sight to see. His knees gave way.

I saw him fall to the floor, horrified, but then he was standing again, as if bouncing back to life. His hands moved; his head bobbed. He controlled everyone on stage. He was that good, I knew then.

He tore the hood from his face and then the cloth. He blew it away with a gust of wing before disappearing like a magician.

I'd named his Optimus, and he'd remain that way.

oOo

I stood on stage, waiting for the haunting music to begin so I could lead my team on the floor. They were all panicking, talking gibberish. The music started and our hips moved. I could feel them moving with me. We were so much in coordination that no one could tell us apart. I turned to the audience waiting to see awed expressions, and I did. I felt my eyes close and I twirled to the powerful beats and swayed like there was no tomorrow.

I was someone standing at the back, his black coat gave him away. He was leaning against a wall, curiously watching me. I couldn't help but smile when I saw him shift in place and acknowledge me. He nodded his head and then smiled.

And we were beautiful. The cheers echoed, the hoots grew louder. This was for Optimus. Just to give him a taste of his own medicine. Now we were both fans of each other.

He walked away after our dance finished and then I never saw him again.

oOo

"Are you for real?" my friend commented as I applied my make-up. Dance for your life, was my motto. I'd snuck out of home and gotten caught in the act. My mother had taken pity on me and helped me reach my destination. I was standing outside the biggest auditorium in the city, preparing for a dance competition.

My friend, who was obviously going to win, was speaking to me about my crazy idea. Someone bumped into me then.

"Sorry," the guy said and moved away.

"It's okay," I told him. He was wearing his uniform, white shirt, black pants and running his hands through his hair. He sat beside where my bag was and plugged his earphones in. He pulled out a coat from his bag and spread it across his lap before going back to listening to the song. I stared at it for a moment and then the memories hit me.

Optimus!

Whoa! He's here!

I closed in on my friend and asked him. "He was in that contest we went to."

"Nah, I don't think so," my friend said. "You want me to ask?" I shrugged, not sure how it would seem. My friend came back to me after a few minutes. He nodded, and then smirked. "He was there." I nodded, smiling to myself.

He hadn't realized it was me until then. I put on my shimmy and twirled my hips. I heard a cough a little away from me and turned to look at the origin. It was him, covering his mouth, trying to hide a smirk. I rolled my eyes at his vain attempt and threw him a mischievous smile.

"So, we meet again."

"So, we do," he whispered.

oOo

"You... I loved your performance," he mumbled.

"Thanks," I muttered back.

"The fusion was unconventional to say the least. I don't know how you pulled it off!" He stepped closer to me and then looked down. He was quite tall.

"You name?" I asked automatically.

"Asad."

"Zoya." We smiled and thought we'd never meet again.

oOo

"Shit!" I swore as I scrambled on the road to pick up my stuff. My friends were having a gala time laughing their heads off as I kept struggling.

I felt someone sit down beside me and mumbled some expletives.

"About time," I grunted.

"Nice to meet you," was the unexpected reply. My head snapped up, and my ears heated with embarrassment. My friends were not laughing anymore. They were dead silent.

He helped me pick my stuff up and then handed me my bag.

"Here you go," he bit his lip. I could feel my friends staring holes into my back. I turned to them, annoyed, and glared.

"Mind introducing us," the bitterness was evident in their voice. Me knowing a guy they don't know, it raised suspicion! We were never supposed to keep secrets.

"This is Asad... Optimus," I smiled. I could see their breaths catch as they took in my words. My mouths opened like a fish. They knew who he was.

"Hi," he said enthusiastically, and the rest is history.

oOo

"Asad, c'mon!" I shouted. "We need to go!"

"YES!" he screamed from somewhere in the house.

"We're gonna get late!" And this was us. Years of being friends... then more. Now we were living together, preparing for our wedding and dancing together. He was accountant by day and dancer by night, while I was juggling two literary jobs and accompanying him in his dance when he wanted me to.

We were good together. We fought too much, but that worked for us. We never stopped dancing. For ourselves or for others.

Our story hadn't been extra ordinary, but it had been nice... flamboyant.

We were playing the roles of a carnal society. He was the predator and I was his prey. I could imagine him controlling everything... even the air as we performed. I knew he'd show me what fear was. I was going to run away from him, only to run back to him. We were meant to be.

We twisted together, swayed and then whirled like there was the last day of our life.

He pulled me in an embrace, pulling me out of my thoughts and kissing my cheeks.

"I'm ready," he whispered in my ears.

"I know, Optimus."

And he was that, from the first day we met and still is. Somewhere down the line, he'd made me that, too.

Now our life was all about the twist, sway and the whirl of events.

oOo

This OS is somewhat an imagination. But Optimus exists, okay? But he doesn't have a Zoya for him. πŸ˜† Leave me some love... I'll appreciate it.

I don't know what I just wrote. πŸ˜›

Sand.

Edited by Sand_Princess - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minakrish thumbnail
Yayyy! Me First... 

This was such an Amazing OS!!!! Totally in love with it... β€οΈ

Optimus!!! Ahaan.. Well named! πŸ˜³ The secret saviour I shud say! πŸ˜†

The first meet and then to the 2nd, to many more and finally living in and getting married!!! πŸ˜³

It was a beautifully depicted story and very well written Sand! πŸ‘

Now our life was all about the twist, sway and the whirl of events. β€οΈ

The sweetest ever conclusion!  Very poetic! πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks a ton my love for this A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. OS! πŸ€—

Love you loads Sand... β€οΈ

Mrina
Edited by -Mrinalini- - 10 years ago
-LazyLamhe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
res
Unres

Whoa..Beautifully written..poetic πŸ˜Š...While reading I did have a feeling its inspired by your own life😊...

thanks for the pm!!
Edited by -HoneyBunch- - 10 years ago
Untitled001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mrinalini-

Yayyy! Me First... 

This was such an Amazing OS!!!! Totally in love with it... β€οΈ

Optimus!!! Ahaan.. Well named! πŸ˜³ The secret saviour I shud say! πŸ˜†

The first meet and then to the 2nd, to many more and finally living in and getting married!!! πŸ˜³

It was a beautifully depicted story and very well written Sand! πŸ‘

Now our life was all about the twist, sway and the whirl of events. β€οΈ

The sweetest ever conclusion!  Very poetic! πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks a ton my love for this A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. OS! πŸ€—

Love you loads Sand... β€οΈ

Mrina

I know right? He's got something to him that went with the name. Life is like that, isn't it? It's not like those novels where people are destined to be together or something.

It's my first try at writing something sweet and happy. It's not my style, so I'm a bit worried about the reaction, but you said that it was Adorable. So, I'll take your word for it.

I love you, too! πŸ€—

Untitled001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -HoneyBunch-

res

Unres

Whoa..Beautifully written..poetic πŸ˜Š...While reading I did have a feeling its inspired by your own life😊...

thanks for the pm!!

Thank you so much. Poetry is not really my strongest side, neither is being poetic. πŸ˜† It's not really inspired by my life. I know this guy who I have named Optimus, but I hold no interest for him. He just inspired the story and I'm thankful to him for that.

Thank you for reading. 😊

Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Leaving you some love, some appreciation and abit of Optimus Prime. πŸ˜ƒ Nice. 
minakrish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sand_Princess

I know right? He's got something to him that went with the name. Life is like that, isn't it? It's not like those novels where people are destined to be together or something.

It's my first try at writing something sweet and happy. It's not my style, so I'm a bit worried about the reaction, but you said that it was Adorable. So, I'll take your word for it.

I love you, too! πŸ€—

It was Brilliant girl! πŸ‘ And yeah.. u have my word for that! πŸ˜³ I know not your style but you're a wonderful writer who can always come up with something out of the box and still depict it beautifully! πŸ˜ƒ

Love you more hun! πŸ€—
Edited by -Mrinalini- - 10 years ago
-LazyLamhe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sand_Princess

Thank you so much. Poetry is not really my strongest side, neither is being poetic. πŸ˜† It's not really inspired by my life. I know this guy who I have named Optimus, but I hold no interest for him. He just inspired the story and I'm thankful to him for that.

Thank you for reading. 😊

Well..I hope we all find our own Optimus soon!! πŸ˜Š
CrazyBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I am in love with your writing style!!!
princeegoyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
ahem ahem...optimum...nw i knw d story...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

this is ur best one..shot...loved it...most imp i like this optimum...
nice chemistry..wht u think...πŸ˜‰

he mst hv his zoya very soon...I WISH..& RATHER I PRAY...as i cn c...zoya is already in ...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

SAMJHNE WALE SAMAJH GYE..JO NA SMAJHE WO NADAN HAIN...πŸ˜†

PARI