Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheFatWriter thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi friends,
First of all..thanks a lot aapke responses ke liye. It is so encouraging. 👏
Here goes the first part...hope you will like this. Please comment kijiye ki kaise laga.

Part1: The Apples of Our Eyes

The hundreds of bright lights in the auditorium suddenly dimmed. The giant video-conferencing screen turned On, displaying the milestones and other significant statistics of Kapoor Industries as snippets. The capacity crowd at the massive auditorium gradually fell into silence. Men from the print and television media took positions. Their cameras started to flash at regular intervals. The beautiful Priya Ram Kapoor draped in a red-black saree was an epitome of elegance. Sitting cross-legged and setting her groomed open hair, she turned to right to check on her three daughters. She saw three pairs of glistening little eyes perched firmly on executive chairs, peering into the giant screen with anticipation. She spoke up, "Bacchon...yaad hai na maine kya kaha tha..aap teeno aaj program khatam hone tak kuch baat nahi karenge, chup chaap baithenge. Abhi waha screen pe papa dikhenge and wo baat karenge yaha ke logo se. But you girls should not speak and you will please maintain silence. Is that clear? Koi tang nahi karega mujhe ya papa ko."

Just then a gentleman approached Priya with a bunch of papers and a pen for her signature. She smiled at him, took the bunch and tried hard to read them amidst the dimmed lighting. Seeing her struggle, Vikram called on her cellphone. "Hello Priya mae yahi tumhare peeche hun on the 5th row. Tumhare haath me jo papers hai wo aaj ke event management related hai and teen cheques bhi hai. Maine sab dekh liya hai bas tum sign kardo, no need to read them. Waise bhi ab proram shuru hoga. Ok?" Priya acknowledged the call and started to sign. By the time she reached the last 3 pages, the pen stopped writing. She hurriedly pulled out a pen with green ink and completed the remaining signatures, and was done with it. The man thanked her, sent an SMS from his phone and left. Priya's focus shifted back to the giant screen.

Within seconds, the man of the moment, Ram Kapoor showed up on the conferencing screen. He had joined from the other side of the world. The auditorium applauded him and he smilingly acknowledged, waving back in his unmistakable trademark style. Dressed impeccably, seated comfortably, his eager eyes instantly fell on where his heart was. His eyes locked with his gorgeous wife Priya who flashed a stingy yet stunning smile, and moved on to his three pretty daughters. The twins waved with frenzy right back at their dad who had left for NewYork 3 days ago. Seeing Ram on a giant conferencing screen was a first time for the eight year olds. Peehu gave him a warm smile. She was by now exposed to tenets of corporate mannerisms, so she held back her emotions better.

Once the applause died down, Ram looked at the rest of the gathering and addressed them with a voice that was packed with energy and joy: "Yesss!! We did it! Starting today, Kapoor Industries is listed on Nasdaq, the American Stock Exchange. And this morning I was invited to ring the opening bell of Nasdaq that marked today's stock trading here. I cannot tell you how proud it felt to represent my country, to represent my employees and to represent my company there at Nasdaq because ringing the opening bell is considered a privilege in itself. So it was a huge moment for Kapoor industries for having entered a global trading unit. The move will hopefully generate bigger wealth for all you employees and shareholders. Please look at it as a small gesture to thank each of you for everything that you have done to grow this company to what it is today. Thanks to mere kapoor industries parivaar!"...these words draw another round of applause for Ram.

Ram smiled and continued, "Being listed in Nasdaq is also a personal milestone for me. Last year this day my wife Priya quit our company to be able to pay attention to my kids' studies. It was indeed a very sad day for me because I lost one of my best employees then. Lekin us din Priya ne mujse promise liya tha ki going forward, this day every year should become memorable for brighter reasons. In fact she pushed me to achieve this milestone. She wanted Kapoor industries to go global not just in business but also in terms of economy. So I dedicate this milestone to my wife Priya Ram Kapoor on a personal front. Thanks Priya."

Ram looked at Priya with a grateful smile. Priya nearly blushed as the cameras put her in spotlight. She was glowing!! Her loving husband had just put her on cloud nine. She gently moved her head in acknowledgement of the applause from the gathering, looked at Ram from the edge of her eyes shyly, and bent down. Ram looked at Peehu and they both exchanged an eye glance that Peehu seemed to pick up. The dad-daughter shared amazing chemistry, specially when it came to teasing Priya.

A naughty Peehu showed a quick thumbs-up to Ram and whispered into Priya's ears: "Haye mere dashing mom kitna sharmaa rahe ho aap. Papa ko dekh ke ek smile karo na...please...arre aapko abhi ke abhi unhe dekh ke smile karna hoga...nahi tho you will face the consequence.. soch lo mae kya kar sakti hun...maine and papa ne mil ke ek plan banaya hai jo aap pe bhaari padega."

Priya was shocked but was wary of the thousands of eyes set on her and the cameras clicking her constantly. She whispered back: "Peeehuuu shut up...aur ye consequence ka kya natak hai hanh? Itne crowd hai mae kaise papa ko dekhu aur smile karu? Chote bacche hai kya hum dono? Its an official meet, samjha kar na."

Peehu winked at Priya: "Consequence ye hai mumma...ki mae Mayra and Rayna ko zor se chillaane ko bol dungi abhi isi waqt...ki aap papa ko miss kar rahe hai and papa ke Mumbai aane pe unko aap apne haathon se aloo parantha khilaane wale hai. Bol du?? Shall I tell them??".

Priya was shocked and angered at the same moment. She knew Peehu was capable of any prank. And the twins were worse. They were known for blurting out family secrets at the most awkward moment, in the most unlikeliest situation!! Priya decided to obey her daughter. She looked up, looked into Ram's eyes that were already piercing right into her face. She smiled with all her heart and he was mesmerized. Fourteen years of marriage and three kids had not faded their love. Their smiles lit up each others' eyes. They shared precious moment that needed no words.

Peehu knew her father's wish was accomplished. She smiled and whispered into Priya's ears: "Itne crowd hai kaise papa ko dekh ke smile kar rahe hai aap? Chote bacche hai kya aap dono? Its an official meet, samjha karo na mumma."

Priya immediately got back to her senses and was lost for words to respond to Peehu. All she managed to say was "Peehuuu...tum na zyada hi bigad gaye ho beta. Mere dialog mujhe suna rahe ho! Apne maa ko almost fasa diya aaj sab ke saamne. Aap baap beti kabhi nahi sudhroge!" and bent down in a slight embarrassment.

Ram gauged their conversation from across the screen, smiled a wee bit at Peehu thanking her and proceeded to continue his talk.

Rayna and Mayra were clearly bored. The company information made no sense to them. The girls got hungry and restless. Rayna bent over to ask Priya: "Mumma bhook lag raha hai."

Priya coaxed her to silence: "Ohh...arre beta abhi tho khana khake chips bhi khaye the na. Anyway, thodi der ruk jao, just few minutes please...please beta...mere pyaari bacchi ho na tum.."

Mayra: "Ye papa kitna bolte hai mumma. Kuch samaj me bhi nahi aata. Mujhe bhi bhook lagi hai. Raat ko aloo parantha milega?"

Priya: "Maine kaha tha na papa ke aane ke baad hi banaungi aloo parantha. Aur filhaal please chupchap baitho for few more minutes, fir ghar jayenge. Ok? Meri acchi wali pari ho tum...".

Ram winded up after sharing some numericals and other statistics that mattered to the audience there. Once he was done, he announced: "That's all I had ladies and gentlemen. Waise bhi it is close to 5:30AM now here in New York. Kal se soya nahi hun and I have another meeting at 8AM. Let me open up the session for any questions that you may have. Uske baad please help yourselves with snacks."

A couple of business questions followed and Ram answered them with ease. One tiny hand went up followed by a voice "I have a question papa!" The voice was Mayra's. Everyone smiled and a few of them giggled in amusement. Priya tried to stop the little one but failed.

Ram grinned: "Haan Mayra...bolo beta what is it?"

Mayra: "Aapne kaha please help yourself with snacks. Menu kya hai ye bhi bata dijiye na papa!"

The audience burst into laughter at the innocence. Ram's daughter was clearly his shadow...a foodie! Priya hid her face in embarassment and at the same time controlled her laughter.

Ram was trying to put together a response, but before he spoke, Rayna snatched the mike from Mayra and continued: "Maa ne kaha wo aapke aane ke baad hi aloo parantha banake denge. Papa aap kab ayenge Mumbai?"

There was another bout of laughter, much to Raya's displeasure. Priya almost bent over and snatched the mike from the girls. Priya's advice to the girls to remain silent had gone for a waste. She looked at Ram with a sorry face. Ram looked back at her helplessly. However, he managed a smile and announced: "Well, I hope aap log samaj sakte hai...ye bacche hai so they are just a bundle of innocence. I am sure media ke log isko publish ya broadcast nahi karenge. Its a request too. Waise bhi my kids are well-mannered, bas aaj..you know...maybe they are missing me too much.

Little Mayra immediately added the punch line like nobody's business: "Haan papa aap jaldi ghar aayiye. We are missing you very much. Aur pata hai...maa keh rahe the wobhi aapko boht miss kar rahe hai. Hai na mumma?" and looked to Priya who had turned pink with embarrassment.

(to be continued...comments please..)     :)

selvi1275 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ahh..the punch line was really great...
BALHLOVER thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i read ur ff  in Fb..
it was superb ..and one of my fav one 
plz dear 
pm me for the next updates 
luvbalh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
 wish to read more and more. of the kids and raya.. 

loved this update 
Sakshiram thumbnail
really nice update ...loved kids blurting..all three are like papa nice one
sushfiza thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
its lovely spclly last part where lil kids ask their papa...well described..pihu teasing priya was a cute moment...update soon..eagerly waiting
Mi_AmOR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Suoerb part...
Loved ram pihu's bond...
And the last punch was jus too good...
Contn soon...
LovingRaYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
it was too good raya smiled each other so cute continue soon wating
farwasneha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Eee ur back... My apple of eye fat writer... Happyyy... Ok now let me read :)
vironikajain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lovely update..RaYa's sweet eye-lock nd priya's blushing smile to ram, kids innocent questions from papa, pihu teasing priya, ram-pihu's chemistry,embarassed RaYa..everything was very good.. 👏
But last punch was the best..too good 😉
Loved it..cont soon
Plz pm me whenever u update..