Arshi SS - Without You

Checkmatee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

So I was cleaning the windows one day and I suddenly had random ideas about Arshi. I just had to pen it down. Here goes nothing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INDEX:

Chapter 1 [Below]
Chapter 2 [Page 4]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1
"You seem to be doing really well Mrs. Raizada; the tentative date will be in about three/four weeks. Please continue the medication you are having currently. See you next week for the check up again" the Doctor informed with an uncertain smile, trying to diffuse the thick tension in the room.

Khushi smiled back in response and clasped her hands tight as they rested on her lap. She stole a quick glance to her left and waited for the man to say something.

But Arnav just stared ahead at the doctor, expressionless. Even though he had not said a word throughout the appointment, Khushi knew he was worried as his stiff posture screamed out the obvious tension he was going through.

"Is that all" he spoke monotonously. Khushi's stomach dropped at his tone. The doctor nodded and Arnav straightened in his chair as he proceeded to shake hands with the doctor before turning to Khushi finally. "Shall we" he said, more of a command than a question. Khushi gulped and nodded with a small smile. But he didn't return the smile.

She was getting used to his behavior now. Though she was hurt, she couldn't really blame him. If it were up to her, the situation would be totally different. But how can one go against fate? This was yet another challenge that was thrown in their lives.

She needed Arnav by her side, but ever since two weeks ago, he had been distant from her. What should have been the happiest event in their lives was rapidly turning into something dreadful. But how could Arnav not understand? She couldn't do what he'd asked of her. Never.

Their married life had been going well. They were content with each other, living blissfully like any other couple madly in love. About eight months ago it was their second wedding anniversary. Khushi was ecstatic as she had planned out the most romantic night for them. Their family members had made some plans and decided to give the couple some privacy by staying at the outhouse for the next two days, making their own picnic plans.

Khushi spent the day decorating the empty house and cooking food her husband loved. Evening came and she waited impatiently for Arnav to come back home when she started to feel faint. She ignored the feeling and willed herself to wait up as she wanted to eat with Arnav. Five minutes later the door bell had rung and Khushi excitedly ran to the door and welcomed Arnav in a manner he loved.

She kissed him hungrily and clung onto him, taking in his tired face that was soon refreshed as Arnav wrapped his arms around his loving wife. "Happy anniversary sweetheart" he whispered with an apologetic smile. "Sorry I'm late, was stuck in a meeting" he apologized as he tucked some stray hair behind her ear. She looked up at him and smiled sweetly. "It's okay Arnavji. You have two days to make it up to me" Khushi's eyes twinkled with mischief as Arnav raised an eyebrow at her unspoken suggestion and looked at her with an amused smile as she started to blush at her own words. "Gladly" he smirked and pushed her against the wall, kissing the breath out of her at Khushi clutched at his shirt, holding on for balance. The food she'd cooked was long forgotten as the passion in their room overtook their senses.

Khushi sighed softly, coming out of her thoughts as the car came to a stop. Arnav maneuvered the vehicle expertly and parked the SUV at its spot before killing the engine and stepping out of the car. Khushi huffed as the struggled to undo the seatbelt and jumped in her seat as a tanned, muscular arm reached across her to swiftly release the belt.

Khushi's heart pumped loudly against her chest and instinctively she pushed herself back against the seat, looking up to see Arnav at her side of the car, holding his hand out. How after two years of marriage this man could still make her heart pound by simply being near her, she would never know. "Th..thanks" she muttered, avoiding his gaze. When he said nothing, she put her hand in his as he silently helped her out of the car. He took her hand in his and led them to the main door and rang the bell. Nani opened the door and beamed at them, moving aside to let them in.

"What did the doctor say bitiya?" Nani asked excitedly. She felt Arnav's fingers slip from hers and Khushi quickly turn to her side, only to find an empty space. She looked to the front to see that Arnav was already making his way to their room. Khushi turned to see Nani watching Arnav, dismayed at his ignorance. Khushi smiled and held Nani's hand. "Doctor said everything is fine" she smiled reassuringly.

That night, Khushi carried a tray of food and walked into their room, resigned. At dinner, Arnav hardly ate and mainly focused on his phone. He excused himself halfway through as he received a call but never returned to the dining table. As she came into the room, she saw Arnav furiously typing away on his laptop. She didn't like how he acted all aloof, but knew he needed his space. Not noticing his wife's presence, Arnav focused on his laptop until he heard soft clinking of metal and looked up to see his wife standing by the door with a tray.

Immediately he shot off the green chaise and walked towards her, his face a mixture of pain and concern. "Khushi? Why are you holding this? You should be resting. Come" he said as he took the tray away from her hands and guided her to the bed by her elbow. Khushi almost cried at the tenderness Arnav was treating her with. Why couldn't he be like this all the time, especially now?

He kept the tray onto the table beside the bed and sat her down on the bed. He sat beside her and raised his hand to stroke her hair, but something stopped him and his hand was left suspended in the air. Khushi watched the different emotions going through her husband and her heart went out for him. She leaned forward so that her head came into contact with his raised hand and Arnav quickly took away his hand, as if he was burned. He looked into her eyes and her heart jumped with joy, thinking that maybe her old Arnav is back. But then he spoke.

"Um.. Did you..dinne-? I meant, medicine. You took the medicine already?" he stammered as he looked at her. Khushi felt a lump forming in her throat as she swallowed her sobs. She could feel tears making their way and she furiously blinked to keep them away. "Yes, I took them" she replied softly, happy that at least he didn't stop caring for her. Arnav looked at his wife. Not knowing what to say, he looked away from her and moved away a little. Instantly her hand clasped around his and his gaze crashed to hers. She could see the pain in them and wanted to comfort him. So she smiled her brilliant wide smile and Arnav looked at her confused.

"Arnavji! After you finish dinner-"she looked over to the tray to indicate the food "will you take a walk with me to the beach nearby?" she asked hopefully. Arnav's eyes lit up but the next second it was gone and Khushi almost felt as if she had imagined the light in his eyes. "Uh.. I'm not hungry, I'll eat later." Arnav spoke politely as he continued "And I'm sure Di would love to go for a walk. You can take Payal along with you too" he suggested and Khushi's shoulders dropped as she understood that he was refusing to be with her. She quickly feigned a yawn and waved her hand to dismiss the beach idea as she said "That's okay, maybe tomorrow. Oh, could you come with me to the next room? I have some new ideas and designs that I'm sure you'll like too. I think that a cream-ish color will go well for the walls, and maybe some colorful wallpaper for the ceiling-" Khushi spoke excitedly but stopped abruptly as Arnav shouted.

"ENOUGH" he warned her as he removed her hand from his. He had been confused when she had appeared with a tray of food for him, despite him being a jerk. Sure, he still took care of her medicine, but he was not the old Arnav anymore. Then he had seen tears in her eyes before she bravely blinked them away and then all of a sudden she beamed at him and wanted to go for a walk. He carefully chose his words to refuse her and then she spoke of that room again, and he couldn't help but let his anger come out. Frustrated and worried, he shouted at her "ENOUGH" and shot up off the bed.

Khushi immediately stopped talking and searched his face for some sort of resemblance to her loving husband. She found none.

Arnav took in deep breaths to rein his anger and force himself to remain calm.

"You should sleep now. Don't wait up for me. I have work to do. Goodnight." And with that Arnav marched out of the room with his laptop leaving Khushi on the bed.

Hot trails of fresh tears slid down her smooth cheek as she wrapped her arms around her waist protectively and sighed at yet another failed feeble attempt to get through to her stubborn husband. For two weeks she had tried and tonight was no different.

She looked down and rubbed her belly.

"It's alright baby." She looked to the door where Arnav had marched out of.

"Daddy will learn to love you" She whispered to her eight months unborn baby.

*Not edited - Only those in my buddy list will get PMs!*

Edited by Checkmatee - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Downhill thumbnail
simply fabulous.loved it.
soppy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Omg!...why doesnt arnav want the baby?
Update soon!
A.Hajnal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
That was very good...have tears in my eyes...poor Khushi...Hope you will up-date soon...😊
bs1224 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
loved it.
Feeling bad for khushi 
Wondering why is arnav behaving insensitively...
I guess khushi is not safe because of her  pregnancy... their might be some complications...
That's why arnav had distance himself from her..
Do CONTINUE
Thanks for pm
UPDATE as soon as POSSIBLE 
punnaanchal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow nice update
But why arnav is behaving differently???????
dva2vra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
interesting

wanna know more
Breath-Mark thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Great concept. Sounds interesting.
Very curious to know why he is keeping his distance from the past 2 weeks.
I was actually thinking because he didn't want the baby.
But then he mentioned about a room. So did anything go wrong there for his detachment?
It is so sad to see that Khushi is suffering without him. And his love. 
dungy12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awww poor Khushi. Wonder what's going on with Arnav. Update soon!!
P4rveen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow a new story from, love the fact you thought of this whilst window cleaning, lol.

The start was fantastic and amazing, yet quite painful.

Awww Khushi is pregnant, but Arnav's is not accepting it.

Is Khushi life in danger if she gives birth and that's why Arnav is being so ignorant. 

The part where Khushi was trying to get a glimpse of her caring Arnav, was so sad.

Loved the start, a fantastic read.

Eager to read further,

Continue soon please and thanks for the PM xx