Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Samiksha Bhatnagar, Sangeeta Kapure join DKDM - Page 2

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

What? This beauty is Manthara? (Not so beautiful or anything) Isn't Manthara supposed to be a little crooked looking and old?

That's my thought as well.  She was Sumitra in the Gurmeet Ramayan, which was a perfect role for her.  In this serial, she could have been Kaushalya.  In Gurmeet Ramayan, Manthara was played by Renuka Israni, the Gandhari of BRC's serial.

A better candidate for this role would have been the actress who played Mandavi in Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan, Sulakshina Khatri - who also played the role of the Daima who kidnapped Pradhyumna in DBSK.  I'll dig up her name.

As for Sita, wouldn't that be played by Ragini?  Or are they going for totally different actors here.  Does this mean that they'd no longer show Vishnu, or that Piyush Sachdev will play both Rama & Vishnu?

Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Are they going to show a full blown Ramayan?
Chaithali thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good to see Madodari soon.
Vr15h thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: varaali

Are they going to show a full blown Ramayan?

That's what we were wondering - Are they going to show entire Ramayan?
-Reeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Nice .. one..
And Sita I think Pooja will be playing..
sindhupv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ramayan is taking full shape in DKDM. ðŸ¤”
Vr15h thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

😆 Yeah, and Indra's apsaras are not even a bit comparable to these beauties. Why doesn't Nahush appoint Surpanaka and Manthara as his new set of Apsaras?😆

If they show the Ayappa story, I'd be really interested in the beauty that's Mahishi.  Actually, the only disappointment so far has been Devasena.  Oh, and the one who played Daruka - the asuri who was the first recipient of a Parvati blessing.

Also, Surpanakha was married - Ravan later killed her husband Vidyutjeev in battle.  So I'm curious as to how they always show her alongside Ravan, Vibheeshan, Pulayastha and others.
Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Vrish.

Also, Surpanakha was married - Ravan later killed her husband Vidyutjeev in battle.  So I'm curious as to how they always show her alongside Ravan, Vibheeshan, Pulayastha and others.

Vrish, in DKDM Surpnakha, Ravan/Dashanan and Sumali have already indicated that her husband is dead (although they haven't mentioned anything else about him at all, including that Ravan is the one who killed him.).

When Surpnakha was first introduced, after Dashanan returned from his tapasya of Brahmadev, Dashanan told her that he would soon attack Swarg and bring amrit from there and then use it to bring her dead husband back to life. And after Dashanan received the boon of being Mahadev's Biggest Bhakt and stopped wanting to do things like attack Swarg, Sumali rebuked him for ignoring his duty towards his sister and bringing her dead husband back as he had said he would. Surpnakha herself has also mentioned her dead husband at least once.

So I guess all they will tell/show us is that Surpnakha is already a widow and so is back in Lanka with her brothers and grandfathers.
Vr15h thumbnail
Oh, so that's why Sumali is on his case?  Ravan did no such thing - after killing Vidyutjeev, he put Shurpanakha in the care of Khar & Dushan.  The rest is history.

But Shurpanakha does't look even remotely like a widow here.  Although in the Zee Ramayan, she was decked in white, to indicate that status.

But when Ravan killed her hubby, Indrajit was under Sukhi doing some tapasya, and yet, Ravan is not even married as yet, according to the same CVs.  This is as per Valmiki.