Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Andy_Loves_ASYA thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks Vijay. These rules were much needed to be said again. Since the last few weeks were really out of hand. Anyway bygones be bygones. 
Andy_Loves_ASYA thumbnail

Sorry but Im laughin at the comment that is included in the screenshot. 😆
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Before Jhalak started a group of maybe 20 members came to the MEIEJ forum and attacked mercilessly Drashti Dhami and Vivian Dsena, personal attacks on their looks etc, that sort of garbage talk. As they were gearing up to do the same to Drashti as she was taking part in JDJ this season, we in the MEIEJ forum reported all these threads and posts but nothing was done. All these people are now in the JDJ forum, doing the same attacking mercilessly.

I would like to ask you to please go to the Jhalak Dikhlaja forum and look at hateful posts and threads there, give warning level increases to all those members that are spreading hate there, then we can believe you do intend to implement these set of rules. 
smiley_lizi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I hope IF moderators and members become responsible. I am tired of bashing now.
Never_alone1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
🤣🤣 yeh sab kya hai 🤔
Nan08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KittenRose

Yeah i have addressed and discussed this issue with the mods keeping the hierarchy itself, no results were there. Even I sent a PM to Vijay on April 23rd, till now it seems as unread.

As i always say rules are good if they are equal and effective for everyone.

Again repeating, anyone can dream or fantasize as they wish, but forcing others to believe their fantasy through PMs and all is not acceptable. I won't complain about this again as there is no use.

Thanks for the new rules.. i also would like to point out the issue quoted above.. there have been instances when people claimed to have inside sources and spread rumors not about the show but about actors personal lives and when it was brought to the notice one of the mods said that members can think what they want.. assuming things are okay i agree as we cannot stop people from what they think, but is it not wrong to claim that they have inside sources and spread rumors that too about actors personal lives when the actors themselves have repeatedly not authenticated the rumors but have refuted it..since the basic rule is "not discussing actors' personal lives"  .. then how come such posts are allowed.. sorry to take up your time but would like to have a clear view on this from your side.. thanks 😊
Never_alone1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nan08

Thanks for the new rules.. i also would like to point out the issue quoted above.. there have been instances when people claimed to have inside sources and spread rumors not about the show but about actors personal lives and when it was brought to the notice one of the mods said that members can think what they want.. assuming things are okay i agree as we cannot stop people from what they think, but is it not wrong to claim that they have inside sources and spread rumors that too about actors personal lives when the actors themselves have repeatedly not authenticated the rumors but have refuted it..since the basic rule is "not discussing actors' personal lives"  .. then how come such posts are allowed.. sorry to take up your time but would like to have a clear view on this from your side.. thanks 😊

bang on ⭐️ same question 😃
Vishalrx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Admin Vijay ! Recently I sent U PM .. I dint got any reply from ur side ..plz reply

Edited by VishalCksp - 10 years ago
NarutoFan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
These rules are very much needed for a clean atmosphere here on IF😊
kavyasam thumbnail
Thanks for compiling and categorizing  the rules.  I have said this many times and would like to say it again,  I like IF 👍🏼.  It has a section for every interest.  A lot of options and flexibility is given to the members.  I visit this site more than any other portal, since it has everything at one place.  I appreciate and thank for all the efforts that go into making this site as versatile as possible 😳. 

I do have a question about the 'moral policing/preaching'  part of the rules.

"Moral Policing:  Moral policing by members in any forum will NOT be tolerated. It only leads to unnecessary instigation/arguments.  The section Dev Team Members will do the needful when a situation arises.  Members are to simply abide by the rules and not preach others. If you should come across an abusive topic please contact the development team, rather than taking matters in your own hands. You can contact the Development team by either reporting the post in question and filling out what the issue is, or by sending a PM with a link to the thread containing a few sentences of what the issue.  When reporting the issues make sure you use the hierarchy. Viewbies are to be contacted first and then then up the ladder Moderators to Channel Moderators to Global Moderator and the Admin."

@bold - Is this not contextual?  What appears to be an opinion for the member posting might appear as preaching to others.  If a person wants harmony in the forum, and wants to stop a fight between two groups by stating a neutral opinion, they should be allowed to do so instead of being labeled as 'policing' 'preaching'.   The rule is too generalized,  it needs to be more specific as to which scenarios this applies.

@blue -  I think viewbie , moderator and channel moderators should all be considered as one group and they can among themselves circulate a report PM as per hierarchy.  Not many members will know the ladder criteria, and may just go by the name appearing on the DT list.  GM and admins, I agree,  should be contacted at a later stage if needed. 

Strictly my POV.