Dakssh Ajit Singh backs out of Maharana Pratap

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Dakssh Ajit Singh backs out of Sony TV's Maharana Pratap due to injury

Summary: Actor Dakssh Ajit Singh had been on a hiatus from television and was all set to make a comeback with Sony Entertainment Television's historical series Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap (Contiloe Telefilms). He was due to play the role of Rana Bahadur Singh who goes on to train and mentor Maharana in becoming one of the greatest warriors. However, the latest update that we have received is that Dakssh has backed out of the show, thus leaving the production house with little time to look for an immediate replacement. As per our sources, Dakssh had begun his training stint to essay the mighty warrior when he suffered a back problem. Citing this, he took leave from the show. For the uninitiated, Dakssh had earlier opted out of Colors' Chhal Sheh Aur Maatafter starting his shoot for the show.

Dakssh later returned our call and confirmed that he is no longer a part of Maharana Pratap. However, he cited a groin tear to be the reason for backing out of the magnum-opus show, "I have been carrying a groin strain from the days of my Star Plus show Maryada Lekin Kab Tak. For this reason, I have been keeping away from working out in the gym. When I started training for the role of Bahadur Singh in Maharana Pratap, especially horse-riding, it aggravated my earlier problem. My doctor advised me not to ride a horse for sometime. I was left with no choice but to discuss my problem with the makers, and we mutually decided to call it off. In any case, I had not signed my contract with them. They were supportive enough to understand my health issue."