Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

And even not all teenagers are like that. πŸ˜†

Definitely...not all teenagers will be like that initially...but once the limit is crossed...everyone will be the same...

Now to answer..what the limit is..πŸ˜† Raashi is the limitπŸ˜† When u dont listen to parents...no interest in anything but coolness..styling and dying..language change...kind off disrespect also...Once u get all this...all teenagers are the same

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

Definitely...not all teenagers will be like that initially...but once the limit is crossed...everyone will be the same...

Now to answer..what the limit is..πŸ˜† Raashi is the limitπŸ˜† When u dont listen to parents...no interest in anything but coolness..styling and dying..language change...kind off disrespect also...Once u get all this...all teenagers are the same

That's exactly why I said in the beginning, that I don't want people mixing this topic with her attitude, but to consider this in segregation.

Okay, let me put it like this, if we had the same old Raashi, smart, mature, and respecting, and she colored her hair, would it be a problem?
Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Now till where has the discussion gone??πŸ˜†
Hmm..let me come back...and clarify myself

This thread is just about coloring..in general
Is it only for Raashi's age or everyone?πŸ˜†

Ok I agree(what else to doπŸ˜†) that only coloring should not be the basis of segregation...but again why shud one do it? what is the necessity to color hair? If it has greyed...then fineπŸ˜† But coloring in candy floss color and all...is definitely not a good thing...that actually do reflect the kind of person one is
Freethinker112 thumbnail
It can be for anyone. Yes, just coloring, for anybody.

And why not? What if I said that since everybody should wear same colored clothes matching their skin, because why wear various colors if your natural skin is like that? What if I said, you cannot keep different length hair, let it grown naturally, because why change natural? See. It doesn't make sense. We do things differently because we have likes and dislikes, and power to choose. That's what makes us different.

Now, I don't have a problem with black color hair, but maybe someone finds it bland and common. So, they like something else, more power to them. Why should they follow my likes and keep black hair, when they are not forcing me to follow their like and keep any colored hair?

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

But coloring in candy floss color and all...is definitely not a good thing...that actually do reflect the kind of person one is

Really? That actually sounds kinda demeaning. Maybe i am thinking something different that what you actually meant. So just because of a colored hair, you already make up your mind they are "bad"?
Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago
Shwets1502 thumbnail

It can be for anyone. Yes, just coloring, for anybody.

And why not? What if I said that since everybody should wear same colored clothes matching their skin, because why wear various colors if your natural skin is like that? What if I said, you cannot keep different length hair, let it grown naturally, because why change natural? See. It doesn't make sense. We do things differently because we have likes and dislikes, and power to choose. That's what makes us different.

Now, I don't have a problem with black color hair, but maybe someone finds it bland and common. So, they like something else, more power to them. Why should they follow my likes and keep black hair, when they are not forcing me to follow their like and keep any colored hair?

Really? That actually sounds kinda demeaning. Maybe i am thinking something different that what you actually meant. So just because of a colored hair, you already make up your mind they are "bad"?

Ofcourse.. I dont know you...I look at your appearance..and my first impression is definitely based on your appearance...and if you have coloured your hair in an abnormal color..I would definitely see you as an abnormal person..you may like it...it is your choice..I dont care...You cannot tell me what I need to think about you. Your appearance will tell me everything. Yes. It is different after I know you as a person. 

We cut our hair, we do all other things for 2 reasons...one to look good for yourself..and another to look good for others...and both need not go hand in hand...

I see a person like Raashi...I will definitely feel she has nothing else to do but color her hair and style...and thats the first impression...because girls of that age have lot of other priorities.

You see a professor with bright suit and brightly colored hair...what will you feel? Some thought will arise right? 
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Yes, thoughts will definitely arise by looks. But they don't tell the whole story. Neither is it right to form opinions based on them. What if you come to know the person and find them good natured. Would you still consider them bad?

What if the person does this because they like it? If it's all meant to be natural and same thing, why not kill variety in other things?

Again, how can hair coloring be a priority? A person does many things, you can't know one's priorities without observing their lives. That's as bad as thinking one is a nerd or bookworm because they wear glasses.

Yes, finding it weird is definitely normal, because we don't see it everyday. But assuming that the person is not "good" in the traditional sense, or has nothing better to do than looking good, is not right IMO.
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Yes, thoughts will definitely arise by looks. But they don't tell the whole story. Neither is it right to form opinions based on them. What if you come to know the person and find them good natured. Would you still consider them bad?

What if the person does this because they like it? If it's all meant to be natural and same thing, why not kill variety in other things?

Again, how can hair coloring be a priority? A person does many things, you can't know one's priorities without observing their lives. That's as bad as thinking one is a nerd or bookworm because they wear glasses.

Yes, finding it weird is definitely normal, because we don't see it everyday. But assuming that the person is not "good" in the traditional sense, or has nothing better to do than looking good, is not right IMO.

We don't find people like this all the time and hence find them odd. We are not going to spend lot of time with them and why should we? Just to know what kind of person he/she is? Opinions are formed...and if we get the chance to spend time with the person and then if it changes it is fine. In case not opinions stay. 

If the person likes it, fine. But there are people who don't like it. They are not going to like it then. Why they won't like it...its just choices. 

Prioroties does come in. If u take people in general, coloring(the one they have shown) definitely means they give a lot of importance to appearance which is nothing wrong. But definitely people who look at them will feel they have nothing else to do and its normal. 

The assumption may be wrong...but assuming is not wrong. If I am going to tell my assumption to you then it is different. But if I am going to keep it to myself that is different.

Now one clarification...what is dying hair here..?? there are various levels in that. The one Sweety does, the one Ginny has...Raashi has...whch one?
Freethinker112 thumbnail
No, I am not advocating to get to know everyone, as it is not possible. I just wanna say what if someone you know did it, or someone who then you grow to know better. Will you still consider them bad?

Yes, exactly, some like and some don't. And both should have the freedom to express it.

I agree it will make you think they pay attention to their appearance. But it's not correct to think that they devote all their time and attention on it.

Yes, one can assume all they want, nobody can stop them. I just think such quick judgement should be avoided.

Dying grey hair is normally accepted. I am talking about people who have black hair dying it. It maybe a few strands or whole of it. Anything that is not mainstream.
Shwets1502 thumbnail

No, I am not advocating to get to know everyone, as it is not possible. I just wanna say what if someone you know did it, or someone who then you grow to know better. Will you still consider them bad?

Yes, exactly, some like and some don't. And both should have the freedom to express it.

I agree it will make you think they pay attention to their appearance. But it's not correct to think that they devote all their time and attention on it.

Yes, one can assume all they want, nobody can stop them. I just think such quick judgement should be avoided.

Dying grey hair is normally accepted. I am talking about people who have black hair dying it. It maybe a few strands or whole of it. Anything that is not mainstream.

For each and everyone a first impression is formed...when I spoke to you I formed an impression and same would have been from your side too. Those impressions are based on our view of life. Now when I see a colored haired person I do form thoughts about that person...but in due course that will change when I come to know more about the person.
If you take the opposite case...if a person whom I know colors their hair my impression about them will not change because I know abt the person.

No body is stopping them from doing that...as they have the freedom to like some take the freedom not to like it

It depends on how the person behaves after coloring..I mean if they still behave normally we cannot say they are obsessed..but if they behave like Raashi is doing...then definitely obsession is there.

Judgments are made spontaneously. We can then ponder about and change. Bt first thoughts are very difficult to stop.

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
I'd be concerned with the chemicals in the hair dye

It ruins hair and I've always thought it leads to premature white hair

I've dyed and highlighted my hair a few times and my hair felt less soft

It's also know to cause allergic reactions 

Those clip on color strands are cute and I'd be ok with a child of Rasshi's age using those..not permanent or harmful 
Edited by silvermoonlight - 11 years ago