Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Batzee

SORRY Folks!
I liked the 2nd episode even less than the 1st one...maybe my expectations were too high?
I'm finding it difficult to relate to any of the women,  and AD is appearing shallow-watching along with us but not using his insider status to any great effect. WHERE is his much vaunted 'different'
 (better?) actor insight?

i still havent watched the 2 epi...is it boring kya???
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I haven't watched the 2nd episode either. But, it seems like they need to do a better job of conveying what the show is trying to accomplish.

I mean saying that we gave these girls cameras and we'll see how they manage their life or see their journey is kind of vague. They need to have some kinda PUNCH (you know what I mean).

Right now (at least based on the first 2 episodes), it seems like it's kinda up in the air. We have these ladies on camera. But, we need to have a connection with the show.

By the way, these girls have some guts to put their life to such public scrutiny and that too on TV. I mean, there are people who would argue that these girls mostly were paid handsomely by the channel. Most likely, they were. But, to come forward and decide to get judged on TV for your each and every action is not easy. I know I would personally never do that.

Edited by Mohini19 - 10 years ago
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Neither would I Mohini - even if I decide to share my life - the thought that I would be putting up ALL my friends/relatives/colleagues/acquaintances up for public censure is kind of a daunting thought. Maybe that is why these women were ideal candidates - they don't have too many people around them. But again I'm going by first episode only.

Didn't watch the second - Mom wanted to watch something else.

Where the connect with the show is concerned - that is supposed to be the Host's job - but he himself seems to have casually wandered on to the sets and is more clueless than the boy who serves tea.
-Inferno- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I liked the second episode. Maybe because I didn't really expect much and it seemed realistic.

-Inferno- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Batzee

I DID expect better so I didn't like it-for THAT reason!
BTW=meant to ask were you ever d3vil on IF? Was a dear friend by that User ID a while back!

Aw...I can feel you though because sometimes I get my hopes high for a show and when the result is disappointing I get angered and heartbroken πŸ˜†

No I was not...but I think I might have seen that user id around here...
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
this type of program should be aired on saturday sundays. Not on prime time. see, Pyar ka on SP will gain more trps if this program continues.

The editing was not good. And the show lacks crispness and neatness

I will rather watch lapataganj on Sab. Or just wait for Bani on colors.
Sun-Love thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey everyone, I just finished watching this week's episodes and I like the rest of you didn't really like the first episode. The whole soap ladies introducing AD to the concept of the show was more irritating than entertaining. Personally I think the show is ok but not like I'm dying for it to air every night, I just primarily watch it for AD. 

Although I don't really relate to any of the ladies in the show, I guess there are bits and pieces of their lives that I can connect with. For example:

Preeti - I know what it feels like living with someone as useless (or so it seems) as her husband and how frustrating that can be. 

Pallavi (bride?) - Although I've never been married I can kind of understand her fears about marriage because I've seen my mum go through a really really bad marriage, it took her 25 years to get out of that. Growing up in a not so pleasant environment and never seeing a healthy husband-wife relationship has given me a handful of fears regarding relationships. In other words I'm commitment phobic.

Mahima - I'm not an actress, but half of my family abandoned me when they found out my career choice (engineering). They were/are against the idea of me working alongside men. The funny part is that the other half of my family has 4-5 generations of engineers, both men and women.

Sonal & Malishka - Can't really relate to them.

Aunty (can't recall her name) - Too young to be able to relate to her in terms of age and relationship statuses. But lets just say there was someone in my life from the time I was two who I was very close to and as I grew up I understood they were a really bad influence and person, so I pulled myself out of their shadow. Now about 10 years later this person wants to reconnect with me and I'm just like, why?🀬 No thank you, not interested.

So I guess these are some of the connections I can make, not exactly in the same manner but similar, imo. 

Would I allow cameras into my life? No. 
mistyi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sun-Love

Hey everyone, I just finished watching this week's episodes and I like the rest of you didn't really like the first episode. The whole soap ladies introducing AD to the concept of the show was more irritating than entertaining. Personally I think the show is ok but not like I'm dying for it to air every night, I just primarily watch it for AD. 

Although I don't really relate to any of the ladies in the show, I guess there are bits and pieces of their lives that I can connect with. For example:

Preeti - I know what it feels like living with someone as useless (or so it seems) as her husband and how frustrating that can be. 

Pallavi (bride?) - Although I've never been married I can kind of understand her fears about marriage because I've seen my mum go through a really really bad marriage, it took her 25 years to get out of that. Growing up in a not so pleasant environment and never seeing a healthy husband-wife relationship has given me a handful of fears regarding relationships. In other words I'm commitment phobic.

Mahima - I'm not an actress, but half of my family abandoned me when they found out my career choice (engineering). They were/are against the idea of me working alongside men. The funny part is that the other half of my family has 4-5 generations of engineers, both men and women.

Sonal & Malishka - Can't really relate to them.

Aunty (can't recall her name) - Too young to be able to relate to her in terms of age and relationship statuses. But lets just say there was someone in my life from the time I was two who I was very close to and as I grew up I understood they were a really bad influence and person, so I pulled myself out of their shadow. Now about 10 years later this person wants to reconnect with me and I'm just like, why?🀬 No thank you, not interested.

So I guess these are some of the connections I can make, not exactly in the same manner but similar, imo. 

Would I allow cameras into my life? No. 

Hi Everyone and Sun,
Well like you I actually think the show isn't the best but its not that bad either. The only thing is I think these people could do a better job at Vlogging. I understand the shows concept as I watch a few video logs myself on youtube and I think the concept has been taken from them.

<YOUTUBE>http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqIqRzEge-Qvt4Iglx-uKdQ</YOUTUBE>

<YOUTUBE>http://www.youtube.com/user/CTFxC</YOUTUBE>

Well like you I can relate on some levels to the show and cant on others. For me I ve actually seen my parents go through hell during their relationship and because of that I am scared to commit to anyone as a matter of fact because I feel all relationships will end up in a hole. I understand preeti because like her I ve seen my mum go through all this with her busy  life, kids and in laws to manage but unlike her she had no freedom and hence I would never want my life to end up like that.

LOL it seems like I can relate to you more than these women. I like you am becoming an engineer and a lot of my family members didn't agree to this at all because of the factor of this field being male dominated and some of them laughed at me when I said I wanted to be one. Well because of this sheer reason I am studying this at university. Even though I cant say I am enjoying engineering to the core but I want to prove them that I can be an engineer and I will become one no matter what.
πŸ˜ƒ 
Sun-Love thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mistyi

Hi Everyone and Sun,
Well like you I actually think the show isn't the best but its not that bad either. The only thing is I think these people could do a better job at Vlogging. I understand the shows concept as I watch a few video logs myself on youtube and I think the concept has been taken from them.

<YOUTUBE>http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqIqRzEge-Qvt4Iglx-uKdQ</YOUTUBE>

<YOUTUBE>http://www.youtube.com/user/CTFxC</YOUTUBE>

Well like you I can relate on some levels to the show and cant on others. For me I ve actually seen my parents go through hell during their relationship and because of that I am scared to commit to anyone as a matter of fact because I feel all relationships will end up in a hole. I understand preeti because like her I ve seen my mum go through all this with her busy  life, kids and in laws to manage but unlike her she had no freedom and hence I would never want my life to end up like that.

LOL it seems like I can relate to you more than these women. I like you am becoming an engineer and a lot of my family members didn't agree to this at all because of the factor of this field being male dominated and some of them laughed at me when I said I wanted to be one. Well because of this sheer reason I am studying this at university. Even though I cant say I am enjoying engineering to the core but I want to prove them that I can be an engineer and I will become one no matter what.
πŸ˜ƒ 

LOL we can relate with one another more than the women featured on the show. What kind of engineering are you studying?πŸ˜ƒ

As far as marriage and relationships are concerned, I've told my mum there's no way I'm going to go through an arranged marriage. Thankfully my mum agreed especially after her horrible experience. Given this I'm just trying to get up on my own feet and support myself so random aunties aren't telling my mum to get me married. Unfortunately ever since my brother got married I've been on the aunties/relatives marriage radar. πŸ˜”
mistyi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sun-Love

LOL we can relate with one another more than the women featured on the show. What kind of engineering are you studying?πŸ˜ƒ

As far as marriage and relationships are concerned, I've told my mum there's no way I'm going to go through an arranged marriage. Thankfully my mum agreed especially after her horrible experience. Given this I'm just trying to get up on my own feet and support myself so random aunties aren't telling my mum to get me married. Unfortunately ever since my brother got married I've been on the aunties/relatives marriage radar. πŸ˜”

I know ayye I guess we women through this show can relate more with each otherπŸ˜†

Well I am becoming an electrical engineer and am in my last year of uni. Well I agree with you I would hate to have to go through an arranged marriage but the problem is I haven't found a guy yet and a lot of my friends are either engaged or getting married which is kind of scaring me πŸ˜• and me being a commitment phobe I am not sure when I ll get over this fear.

I agree with you uncles/aunties don't spare you even overseas !!😑 They keep asking me what I d like to do after I finish engineering and I seriously feel like yelling at them and say live my life and work πŸ˜†