First Impression!???

-Inferno- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
This place looks dead!
But anyway for anyone out there who by chance has visited, how did you find the first episode?

For me it was something new and I loved Abhay Deol throughout! Personally I don't think I connect with any of the girls there maybe because I am in a different country and a complete different environment. But I want to wait and see if I am able to connect with them. For me, it was a good start!
Edited by -3raser- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Batzee

Hi!
I thought it was a terrible lame beginning for a show I was hoping will be of a serious nature.
I didn't see the need to bring in simpering, baby talking nasal voiced Telly actresses to talk inanities at AD. I have really liked Deol's movies and didn't expect such a jejune beginning IF this is a serious show on the lines of SMJ.
I agree with you that the women seem difficult to relate to-irrespective of where you are based-I do hope it will improve and that the first-VERY DISAPPOINTING-episode was an  unfortunate aberration!!

Just three of us here - reminds of the SMJ forum in its early days? I thought this show would pull the BB crowd in at least.

I'm quite impressed with the mix of women - however I wish that for the bride they'd selected someone who is not a divorcee - a young girl without past baggage.

RJ Malishka was a surprise and so was the young sappho - Zee you want to help me out with an adjective that doesn't carry pejorative connotations?

So far we have:

1 - Dentist, married for 5 years, lives with in-laws and husband - has a son.
2 - Young bride - 2nd marriage, no family support, eager to prove that her divorce was not her fault
3 - Aspiring actress, runaway from home, again no family support
4 - RJ Malishka - popular, bohemian, single, eager to get married
5 - Woman in her late 50's - 2 time divorcee - happy with her life, 1st hubby wants to return
6 - Young girl , again runaway - probably lesbian

Yuck moment of the day - taking the camera to the waxing session - c'mon there are limits to what you share - seeing your son poop and your hubby in his towel and you waxing your legs - too much - learn when it is appropriate to switch off the camera.
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I'm sure ppl won't watch this interesting show coz it doesn't have saas bahu crap, kitchen politics etc.
sooner or later someone will start protesting against the show's theme or the trps would be so low that the channel would end it...

always happens with shows that really follow a 'nayi soch'. loved how the last one said only women have to wax, while men go flaunting... 🤣
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey girls: 

I happened to catch a portion of the first episode. So, missed the beginning. Could someone please explain the format of this show? It looks interesting. 

Are they going to take a closer look at the lives of each of the girls? I guess I'm just curious and confused. 
--ARIA-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mohini19

Hey girls: 

I happened to catch a portion of the first episode. So, missed the beginning. Could someone please explain the format of this show? It looks interesting. 

Are they going to take a closer look at the lives of each of the girls? I guess I'm just curious and confused. 

Same here!
-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: _dkmystery_

I'm sure ppl won't watch this interesting show coz it doesn't have saas bahu crap, kitchen politics etc.
sooner or later someone will start protesting against the show's theme or the trps would be so low that the channel would end it...

always happens with shows that really follow a 'nayi soch'. loved how the last one said only women have to wax, while men go flaunting... 🤣

totally agree with you 😳
-Purva- thumbnail
It is something like candid camera - each of the six women have been given a camera each and they'll keep it with them at all times and record all their private and intimate moments - as well as their thoughts on events unfolding in their lives.

We would get to watch snippets from what they record - a bit like BiggBoss but in real world and not an isolated house.
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Purva-

It is something like candid camera - each of the six women have been given a camera each and they'll keep it with them at all times and record all their private and intimate moments - as well as their thoughts on events unfolding in their lives.

We would get to watch snippets from what they record - a bit like BiggBoss but in real world and not an isolated house.

Okay. Thanks for giving us a synopsis of the show. The concept is interesting. But, what exactly is the intent (or message of the show)? Clearly, it's not like a reality competition show. It's a reality show, yes.

I mean how would the show end and all? Sorry, I guess I have too many questions and it's still early days for the show.

Let's just wait and watch.

By the way, as some of the girls pointed out, I don't think the girls they have picked are representative of the masses (or the vast majority of the girls). Not that, they should have picked others. But, they have definitely picked outliers or extremes (if you will). Of course, not saying that's a bad thing.

-Purva- thumbnail
I think to some extent the attempt has been to not pick up "beautiful people" - there really seems to be an effort to identify women who would not have a lot of friends/family/social support. I saw only the first episode and all women seemed to lack that solid network - most are living away from their families and are rebels so to say - could also be because these women agreed to share their lives so easily.
well i think its really interesting shows...6 different women, 6 different life...how they manages, their decision making, what they have to go through in reality is what am expecting from the show,,,i think its very unique...yes good point mohini..am curious how they will end this and what message they want to deliver...