new ff / The Teacher updated chap 2 // 29th may

Amour_Reet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
hello forumwassi's

i m new in this forum .this would the first post in ipkknd forum .
though some of you might know me from geet forum.to them hellos'
i m here with a fic that i have initially posted on maneet

have no idea how would you find it .if you like it at all..
still posting with fingers crossed.
if you dont find it good enough will simply delete it .
but please let me know .!

The Teacher

INDEX

CHAP 1 - PAGE 1
chap 2- page 2

Edited by Amour_Reet - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amour_Reet thumbnail

My Teacher..

chapter 1

The fine mist of late winter that draped the statue of Gautam Buddha in the middle of the campus was slowly getting unraveled by the  rising sun .the pigeons that were idly resting on the shoulder of his suddenly started flying with the dong of the bell somewhere rang in northeast of the campus. The morning was almost the same everyday in the campus of the goutam Buddha mahabidyalaya. growing from the dark bathed in the beams of the rising sun like a lone fortress situated 5 km away from river Ganges at Kannauj at Uttarpradesh. An age old heritage of culture and education situating on the lap of Ganges .

With the dong a sudden squirm started at the girl's hostel lobby ...pupils started walking fast towards the prayer hall at the east corner.

what do you think you are doing  ...

the girl addressed to looked up confused .

Behind me...!!

The command came from a girl in peacock blue churider threw her plaits back and took the place of the girl in confidant stride and stood in front of the column..The fine chiffon of her red scarf blew in contest with the glowing sun...few strands of her silken hair caressed the perfectly sculpted face somewhat luminous ..big piercing brown eyes slightly adored with kohl... Eyebrows were arched over the curve before dispersing onto the bridge of her dainty nose. Plump, the lips had the strangest curl to them. This enchanting face was framed wavy, ebony-colored curls,.the reflection of grace from her olive skin blabbed her inheritance from a royal background.

i said ..stand behind me..!!

this time louder making girl startle

A muffled sorry came from the girl..as she quickly left the line to stand behind the group gathered behind her /she didn't dare to argue as someone whispered her name in her ear

Khushi gupta . the famous Khushi gupta 

Oh Khushi..! why do you have to always stand in front of every line..?another girl addressed the first girl..

I love to be the first  ! she winked at the girl...

Rohini zaria and sunanda smiled affectionately at her daunting reply. The few murmurs soon blurred by the suryapranam mantra recited by the principle..

That is Khushi..2nd  year English (hons)  the only granddaughter of anant singh gupta .exquisitely beautiful smart...bossy and compassionate at the same time. Alpha of her group ..bright in her studies though she seldom studied..her leisure time was occupied with irrelevant problems..she had a tendency to welcome them.or getting involved in somebody else's problem as if hers own...not hesitating a minute to spend for unknown. Involved in every cultural event of her college the perfect butterfly of her college. Teachers adored her ..her friends cherished her presence..the boys were attracted to her beauty like moths curious of her elegant aura yet the daunting personality of hers hindered them from being close to her..the girls who couldn't be close to her envied  though afraid of expressing it loudly..her family was one of the important trustees of the college was one big reason among the others.

As the prayer broke the girls started going towards the canteen for breakfast..Khushi's group took their regular place.

Why are you carrying the books with you now rohini.. .first class is English. Don't you remember the class is off today .sir hariprasad retired last Saturday..!

"Ohh...!my bad Khushi..!  totally slipped my mind.."

"Thank god for the free period...i m going to see what they have arranged for this year's saraswati puja's cultural program ..you heed to the classroom."

Khushi walked away from the group to oversee the arrangement.she was on charge of the events .

Rest of the group finally decided to walk to the classroom chatter there waiting for the next class which was  English again..

Suddenly the few scattered murmurs of the large classroom stopped abruptly...rohini glanced up at the door to find the subject of attention.

A tall dark-haired suave young man clad in grayish black striped suit that contrasted his fair skin entered the lecture theater and took his place on the podium behind the speaker.

Hello class ...this is Arnav Singh Raijada..!

He added after a pause as the murmurs wandered around the class from now onwards I will be taking the classes of sir hariprasad..he addressed  the crowd and waited for the words to settle down.

The entire class didn't only stopped at the arrival of the new teacher of them...but the appearance of his...the chocolate eyes with a streak of gold in them as they shone behind the rimless glass..the raven black hair perfectly gelled ..the stubborn confidant jaws. The day old stubble gracing it . The perfectly sculpted broad shoulders overflowed wisdom and strength, the depth of his eyes gave no hint to his thoughts..

The young age of his spoke for his over-achievement adding to his charisma ..

Hottt...!somebody dared to mumble from behind...some just sighed ..hayee...!! every girl admitted the adjective in their heart ..

the mumbles came from backbenches ...which didn't go unheard by Arnav. he ignored it subtly by asking the chapter they last read.the whole class was quickly tackled by him which engaged into literature .

Class went on for about twenty minutes when Khushiappeared at the doorway startled by the new lecturer.the class was supposed to be off ...

who is this ..?

Can I come in ..? she threw the question while already walking in the lecture theater.

"No...you cant !!. " the daunted response came quick ...!

A sharp intake of breath of rohini's confirmed the apprehension. The unstoppable Khushi gupta has been denied..!

What...!! the startled reply escaped her lips...her porcelain cheeks started to turn reddish...

You are too early for the next class...now go out ..!the nonchalant reply came from him  while flipping through the pages of the book in his hand ..didn't even bother to look back at the girl standing middle of class turning the brightest shade of red in humiliation ..

Sir...! this class was not even scheduled ...and I m just 15 minutes late... she retorted adamantly..the controlled annoyance was dripping.

Its twenty ..and you are supposed to be right on time ...not even a second late for my class..and lastly who confirmed you about the schedule of the class..? the last question was thrown looking right into Khushis eyes with piercing gaze ...which she flinched at.

it had something in them . she couldnt quite put her finger on .

Please get out of my class and don't waste my time...!! the last order came with which Arnav resumed his lecture unperturbed .

The nasal flares didn't even express Khushis anger...the apple of the eye of anant gupta the youngest girl of gupta family...the college was basically hers..even the building she was standing had been donated by anant  ...had never been disgraced like this ..that too infront of the whole class..she didn't waste another word and got out of class clutching the books to her chest.

how could it be possible..!! the class was supposed to be off...who is this new obstinate ...!and what does he think of himself ? she clenched her teeth and took a sharp breath inside..she couldn't able to forget the humiliation in front of the entire class ..of which she was the queen bee..she could hear him from here..

his deep baritone roaring the lecture hall...perfect pronunciation ..and melodic voice has rendered the class speechless...every eyes fixed on the stranger as he narrated john donne

and good morrow to our waking souls
which watch not one another out of fear
for love,all love of other sights controls
and makes one little room an everywhere
Let sea-discoverers to new worlds have gone,
Let Maps to other, worlds on worlds have showne,
Let us possesse one world; each hath one, and is one

with the ring of the bell the class finished ...and  few students started walking out of the class heeding for their next class who didn't have English as their honors subject..while Khushistood leaning on the pillar opposite to the entrance of the class..with her head slightly hung to her chest ...

Arnav slowly gathered his papers and started walking out of the class when he noticed the girl in firozi suit and a red scarf hung around her neck that reflected the colour of her cheek ..the slight pout of her plump lips didn't go unnoticed by him ... a ghost of a mysterious smile played through his lips . he took a turn and walked through the lobby passing her right front...

Khushididn't notice any of this ..who was absorbed in her own thoughts looked up when a miff of a masculine scent laced with aftershave hit her nostrils ...there was something uncanny enigma about the aroma..looked up to find back of new teacher of hers... the stride contained his intimidating persona. Khushiwas not only angered ...but slightly taken aback.

If he had not mortified her in front of the whole class..she might have been impressed..

however he did bad...! he shouldn't have scolded her in his first class..!she cleared up her thoughts from the verge of getting impressed

the day went over without any further discussion on the topic.nobody dared to pick up the topic in front of her...the relief short lasted until lunch break.

Just after the lunch break Khushi was called by the head of dept English.as she pushed the heavy mehgony door open noticed the person of discussion resting on the chair placed just right to the Sir Biren Sahay their HOD .gulping down the anticipation she moved forward.

Sir...!

Oh yes ...Khushi come in ...MR . RAIJADA ..this is the student I was talking about ...she is the class representative Khushi gupta. Khushi meet .. prof Arnav Singh Raijada ...!

We have met ...! Arnav commented tilting his head back with his stare fixed on the downward gaze of hers..with the sudden mention of their previous encounter she looked up to meet his ..a flare quickly passed through ..

I wouldn't say it was pleasant ...he quipped with a pursed lip smirk to Mr sahai ...!!

Who look slightly astonished but didn't comment back just smiled awkwardly at him .

Ahh...! she is slightly known for her ..ahem...let it be...he quickly changed the topic..he loved his chair and salary as the dept of head ..!but He couldn't help but notice the exchange of heat  between Arnav and Khushi.

So he is the new faculty in the place of sir hariprasad .he continued..

So he is the replacement teacher ..Khushi asked in order to confirm the short staying of his.

No...he is not a replacement ..

I will be staying if that is what you want to know ...Arnav added quickly !

Khushi looked back to be caught in his piercing gaze again...slight smile playing on his unduly red lips of a man ...that irked her ...but there was something else in his eyes...humor mixed with something unfathomable  ..she felt uneasy on stomach ...making avert her eyes.

Arnav  ..she will help you in arranging your classes ..

i doubt it!.. an almost inaudible mutter came out.

and Khushi... you should continue your thesis under him..Mr Sahay continued almost ignoring the comment .

why sir...last we talked ...you said I can do it under you ...suppressed irritation dripped in her tone.

oh yes...but since Mr. Raijada is here ...you should do it under him ..as I am kind of busy at this time...

Khushi didn't say any further. Swallowing the plug of anger  she cursed her luck inwardly which was failing her one after another today...what is with this Arnav ...! stole a quick glance to be again caught under his gawk...

damn ..!!

doesn't he know its rude to stare ..!but it can't be denied he is a good tutor.as far she has heard from out side the class...well..!!

Arnav stifled a laugh inwardly .. Thoroughly enjoying the dilemma.

I getting late for my class .you two talk it out ..Khushi be nice Mr Raijada .  Mr Sahai gave her a meaningful look before leaving the two alone in the teacher's room.

So what's was last chapter been taught in papar 1...Arnav asked breaking the awkward silence between them.

Khushi waited few seconds before answering it ..Othello- act two scene 2 .. she replied looking at nothing at particular .

okay...!

I ..um ..gotta go .she gave finalizing nod before coming out of the room...

See you in the next class ...in time .! he said stressing on the last part..after Khushi's departing figure..

Khushi clenched her teeth after coming past the door..mad on Arnav and herself ashamed of her ineptness in the conversation..

why am I avoiding his eyes...i have done nothing wrong ..i could just meet his eyes speak to him directly ...ohh he must have thought I m so afraid of him..!damn you Khushi..!she talked to herself walking alone in the lone corridor of her college...and why did he had that look in his eyes...like...i have done something so very wrong ...!

she stopped realizing she has come to the favorite spot of hers at the back of her college. a flat bed of stone underneath a sprawling neem tree...she used to spend her leisure time indulging irrelevant thoughts here...

she had the afternoon free to herself ..she sat on the stone ...and took out her copies to study ...othello act 2 scene 2 ..a chuckle played on her lips.

***

Arnav got in the apartment he has been scheduled..its in the northmost corner of the campus..slightly isolated from the hustle bustle of the campus..but that didn't affect him.he loved it ..after years of living in silence.he had no hobbies in his entire life except study ...he did that ..and pursued a great career in a very young age..he could get a chance anywhere even in Harvard but yet he chose this remote college of kannauj...

Rendering a casual look on the semi furnished room and the unfolded bags .he slouched on the armchair facing the window...Khushi gupta...beautiful smart egoistic and stubborn ...as always..could it be possible she recognizes me..? he thought and instantly discarded it. It didn't seem so ...a taunt hovered his face..riches are tend to be forgetful..!

so how do you find it ?

cheesemad thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
nice one...
so arnav is khushi's new teacher n she hates this fact...
continue soon:)
nnsunn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome start.
Liked arshi first encounter. Khushi to help arnav in arranging his classess, that wil be interesting. Have they met before? Would love to read more of this story.
Amour_Reet thumbnail

Originally posted by: cheesemad

nice one...

so arnav is khushi's new teacher n she hates this fact...
continue soon:)

thanx dear for ur support

Amour_Reet thumbnail

hey reva ..😳😳

Amour_Reet thumbnail

thank you !

Amour_Reet thumbnail

Originally posted by: nnsunn

Awesome start.
Liked arshi first encounter. Khushi to help arnav in arranging his classess, that wil be interesting. Have they met before? Would love to read more of this story.

thank u so much !
glad u find it worth reading .would cont soon
Amour_Reet thumbnail

thanks dear
Amour_Reet thumbnail

Chapter 2

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
Martin Luther King Jr.

when Arnav  approached the teachers room he sensed a heated argument amongst the rest of the teachers ...which stopped immediately as he entered the room.yesterday it came to his ears there have been some dispute regarding his class schedule as it was coinciding with another English class.

tiny matter actually . the respective teacher could have just talked it out with Arnav  .but instead they involved more people in this .This happens..people has trouble accepting the change always..more to it the praises of his teaching style were spreading. Fellow teachers were talking about his ways with students .

He was fully aware of it...but he intended to ignore and behave politely to everyone of them knowing time will take care of it. He didn't want any enemy while he was busy adjusting into a foreign atmosphere. But he needed to sort out the classes but for that he needed khushi   being the class representative.

at the same time she was gen secretary as well as in charge of cultural events  and as well any other important posts just name it .being grand daughter of anant Gupta has perks of it !! when does she get the time to study ? Arnav  thought .

anyhow the problem is that ..he needed to talk to khushi   and get a quick rapport with the student body. But it won't be that easy given khushi  's attitude...although he thoroughly enjoyed the banter.That girl is feisty!

He called the bell boy and asked him to ask khushi  to meet him immediately. And she didn't come as he expected ..he knew it wouldn't be easy to get her co-operation. In the way to his first class for 1st year students he saw khushi   coming out of a building with two girls tagging along each side .. Pride and arrogance mirrored in her every steps..seemed in no hurry.he pushed back his spectacles and entered his respective classroom dismissing khushi   from his head..

Arnav  had a class of khushi  's batch in the afternoon .till then he waited for her but she didn't arrive. The anger was creeping up to him..on entering 2nd yr classroom he found khushi   on a right side front desk engrossed in some papers. she didn't even bother to look up. he felt the vein on his temple throb in fury. But showing it will be the sign that she affected him. khushi   Gupta does not get to have any effect on him ..he collected himself and started with his lecture. He noticed khushi   didn't even budge or started taking notes.Arnav  stopped and put down the pencil frustrated.

"Miss khushi   Gupta ..may I have your attention here...!!"he asked in sugary voice laced with a taunt..

"Yes sir you certainly do  ..!" her voice matched his own .she put down the papers and looked at him with a ghost of a smirk on her lips.it was evident she was waiting for him to do it ...arjun's  attention to her.. "you do have attention " .Arnav  wished he could wipe off the smirk from her face .

This girl is  such a ...!!! Arnav  took few seconds to compose himself and again continue with the lecture..

Tack tack tack...the constant irritating sound ..made Arnav  stop his lecture midway. Who else had the guts to disturb an ongoing class.!! how obvious

khushi   looked straight in his eyes and continued rattling the pencil on the table indifferent to the hint of annoyance in arjun's eyes.

Do you mind ..!

Not at all  sir...but what should I mind please  elaborate...! khushi   answered with a cheeky smile.

Arnav  was a breath away from bursting out ..

can you please put down that pencil.?

"Oh this one...i was so deeply engrossed in your exquisite narration of the poem that didn't even realize!"

That girl has some nerves to taunt him in the middle of the class.The blatant response seethed arjun..blood rushing to his face..this girl had the capability to infuriate him in so many ways ! He took a long pause to calm himself down. Not now...every plans he made till now will go in ashtray.

Khushi   Gupta must be tamed not alienated.

He continued with his lecture totally ignoring her antiques ..

Thank you..that's all for today..! he put down the papers and slouched back in chair ..

The pupils started walking out while khushi   took her own time to gather her staffs ...

Arnav  gaped her sharply .

wait..!

speaking to me sir..?

there's only us as far I can see..he said sourly ...I assume you have been informed to meet me this morning which might have slipped your busy mind .. But the class schedule needed to be discussed.

Okay sir..not a problem. I m free tomorrow second half..we can talk about it.

So the discussion will be according to your free time not mine..I see..!!

Sir...both of our routines should match ...she said with a polite smile tight on her lips.

No...the class schedule comes first .your business second...if you can't afford the time to discuss.. I will manage it myself...but being gen secretary it's your duty to help me rescheduling not for me but for the sake of entire batch...you should reconsider keeping the post as you no longer have time to do the duties it demands .and give the post to someone who actually deserves !.. he added after a pause turning khushi  's cheeks red...

whatever ..!thanks for your assistance...last bit added with extra sugariness. Without waiting for her response he walked straight out of the class.

Khushi   stood there ...mum by the cold dismissal.

Sir ...wait ...! Arnav  could hear her light footsteps behind him , but pretended to ignore..

Arnav  sir...wait.

He had to stop in his tracks...his own name never sounded more important to himself ..

Speaking to me...!! he used her tone...!!

Exasperated khushi   retorted...i don't see another Arnav  here by ...

Arnav  tried hard not to chuckle..

I was saying..we can discuss it now umm...if you are not busy..!

Of course ..my pleasure.!

After a few minutes discussion classes were sorted out .

At evening khushi   was caught by zaria and sunanda ...who were intrigued by the constant exchange from the very first day..

So whats the matter ...?

Whats what?

Why are you so mean to Arnav  sir...u took special interest irritating him !! zaria couldn't not help it..sir is so cool..so hansome ..hayeee...!! i would say the most handsome guy in the whole college.

ditto ..!! sunanda chirped.

I dont think so ...khushi   replied flipping through the pages of the book in her lap with eyes fixed on it.

Don't be a snob ..! and sir tutors so well...i have never had class of such a good teacher sunanda commented .

May be..so what..!

But khushi  ...you are the one who was late ..

No I was not.the class was not scheduled..remember..! he took it without any prior notice.at least he should have let me enter the class...her voice was bitter.

Zaria and sunanda stopped by the heat..they have known it well not to altercate with angry khushi  .

They quickly changed the topic..

***

Othello by Shakespeare...students please open Act2 scene 2 ...

Arjuns strident voice spread in the gigantic lecture theater..

Lay thy finger thus, and let thy soul be instructed. Mark me with what violence she first loved the Moor, but for bragging, and telling her fantastical lies: and will she love him still for prating? Let not thy discreet heart think it. Her eye must be fed; and what delight shall she have to look on the devil?

After half n hours lecture he was stopped in the middle by a increasing murmur spreading in the class.. squirming here n there but nobody dared to talk acquainted with his stringent attitude..

What happened...? you ...he pointed out a girl on his front...stand up ..! what's your name...? what's the problem..!

Its dia  singhania sir...well ..actually sir...we had finished reading Othello in the last class..

He immediately understood the deliberate and stupid attempt of khushi   for his inconvenience .

Thank you dia...i know...i was repeating to see if you had any problems...if you are clear on it we can arrange a debate... what do you say..

Another round of murmur spread  through. before anyone could say anything arjun's voice again roared in the room.

Othello a villain / victim or whether iago was completely responsible for the whole tragedy...! khushi   ...u would lead one group and dia...you must lead the other ...

Let me see how far you have grasped the concept ...khushi   I hope you have no problem with it ...!his eyes peered in her.

She didn't expect this...!hoped him to get flabbergasted and be unprepared for their new topic..but surely she hadn't thought about this probability ...

but a challenge is always a challenge ..!

NO SIR..! the words were distinct..

So what are you waiting for...lets begin ... he slouched on his chair to notice intently the changes on khushi  's face ..

Dia sided with iago being master mind devil but khushi   had something else to say...she projected Othello being the villain..single handedly responsible for the course of events..

The debate thickened quickly...for the first time Arnav  felt somewhere between that smug queen bee and obstinate outlook of hers she had nice aptitude and depth along with clear concept of thinking ...

I'm not saying it's excusable, but at least Othello commits his crime for 'love', and shows remorse even before he finds out the truth, that his wife is actually faithful. Iago, however, just gets self-gratification from his crimes; he's power-tripping, he never apologizes for killing his wife; he just sees her as a sexual commodity. But Othello just assumed Desdemona's infidelity.without even considering the chance of being her innocent ...khushi   went on one after another ..her face glowed with enthusiasm and confidence..

Arnav  didn't realize he was staring..

His daze broke with dia's sharp interjection..

On the contrary ...it was not othello's fault to trust his best friend.. eventually convincing Othello that his wife has been cheating, despite the fact that Desdemona has been completely faithful. Iago's capacity for cruelty seems limitless, and no motivation he gives for his actions seems enough to explain the incredible destruction he wreaks on the lives of the people he knows best.

Iago is an artist of evil. The same way that some people enjoy writing songs or filming movies, Iago enjoys ruining people's lives. incredible suffering for the people he has chosen. We watch him in a variety of relationships ' his manipulation of Roderigo, his treatment of his wife, his pseudo-friendship with Othello. If it weren't for the fact that Iago undergoes basically no changes, you could even argue that he's the main character...we follow iago's time line more than othello's in here..

Khushi   smirked...slightly bent forward to clutch the desk in excitation.

I beg to differ here...it is not him who was the main character. It was lack of othello's character that gave him space...its Othello's lack of faith on his wife and moreover on himself that allowed that clever to mangle poison into their lives..its othello's lack of wisdom that he relied outside his own self. ..othello himself welcomed iago and thousands of opportunist like him to enter and stand between his judgment.

Othello says he loves Desdemona, but he doesn't really 'cause he's selfish 'he is incapable of love I would rather say ... you don't kill someone just cause they cheated on you."

Othello believes that all women are inherently promiscuous. This seems to be the case when he says things like all men are "destined" to be cuckolded by their wives...

Iago might have taken the opportunity ..but it was Othello who had woven Desdemona's death.

We may also want to consider another possibility. The one Othello loves "too well" isn't Desdemona ' it's himself. Jealousy is an intensely self-centered emotion, and Othello spends much of the play obsessed with how Desdemona has hurt him and trying to get back at her for it. He's obsessed with his feelings, the way that her cheating reflects on him.She ended with that

Arnav  was astonished ..he clearly underestimated the girl.

If khushi  's conscious is so awake then how could she do this to him.?what happened to her conscience when Arnav  was at the receiving end...how can she not...!! Arnav  clenched his fist..

Really ...! so you think the lies that have been seeded into his mind was fault of his. ..iago was merely an excuse..so its his fault to let him play with his head  and eventually end Desdemona.. so you confirm he had no excuse on his behalf to be played by surrounding ...desdemona's infidelity seeded by iago played far less important part than his own...a man should take the responsibility of his own action ..right ...! Arnav  heard himself biting out the words...his knuckles turned white as he clasped the end of the table...

At least he could confirm his suspicions ...khushi   mumbled but couldn't understand  where it is going...why suddenly he became so excited...!!that is what khushi   was talking about so long...

Do  you believe in second chance khushi   ...okay ..tell me this even any explanation after desdemona's death was worth it.??doesn't a man has to bear the weight of his own work ??..influences do not count ..?that is what you said isn't it ...???

What on earth he is talking about ..? khushi   was confused...whatever it may be..it was definitely not about Othello and Desdemona.

I beg your Pardon sir..!

The whole class was in pin drop silence...

Arnav  took a deep breath...he had over crossed...expressions were showing arjun...control urself .he admonished  .. putting on the plastic face he turned to dia and said.

Never mind...! so dia...thats a nice delivery. very well portrayed master mind iago...!! thanks to all of you...thats all for today..!see you in next .!

Saying he sprung out the class..Keeping his students searching each other's faces...

Khushi   couldn't concentrate on anything else afterwards... returned with a thought lingering her mind...this person Arnav  misra ...has quite a few layers on him...he is like...had something to say...or she cant quite figure it out...but ..somehow a lot of things he kept bottled up inside him that comes out on occasion like this...

She didn't at all like the way he completely ignored her and congratulated dia...khushi   has known that she had won the debate...but why didn't Arnav  acknowledge it...she had clearly thought this time she had impressed Arnav  ..she could feel his warm gaze on her...it made her more energetic...but at the end...everything was confusing...she couldn't understand why did he complimented dia only...khushi   knew she did well...and the way he flattered dia at the end of it like he was deliberately unacknowledged khushi  ..and he couldn't see anybody else than that girl dia...she hated her immediately ...the way he smiled at dia...!

whoa... what is she thinking about .he can smile at anyone he wished...!khushi   could care less...shrugging she dismissed his thought...

but could she ...get him out of his head.?

***

The night was sleepless for Arnav  too...does khushi   herself  ever thought that one has to bear the weight of their own decision..their own role in turns of events of their lives..or totally be slave of the circumstances..life  couldn't have turned such way if she had no role to play in it...she doesn't seems like a doll who accepts everything that happens in her life...then why did she do that..?.what was her say in all of this... .does she at all have any conscience..?? relationship...she was talking about relationship...Arnav  sniggered ..she was giving speech clearly dissecting out Othello's faults in the relationship...what about  her own life..does her own conscience talk much in that matter..or shut by the walls of money. Why does the outcome of same situations vary with money pride and the so called royalty ???

What should I do ?? Should i pursue my interest or just let it go...like there's no hope...Arnav   tiredly closed his eyes...

Dogmatic stubborn , proud, never been rejected grand daughter of anant Gupta...khushi  ...he could see her smiling face... her eyes were beautiful as ever..they haven't changed a bit ...same innocence streaming in her ocean deep dark eyes... the eyes used to shied downcast every now and then ..her smile was infectious ..captivating..taking eyes off her was still difficult...yet years of distance...so much distance...he swallowed thickly ..tired of being at the receiving end of life.

I wouldn't think more about this...i m not here for myself... i have to try..try to do my duty..Arnav   reassured himself thousandth time since he has stepped inside gautam Buddha mahabidyalaya and met khushi   AGAIN...

Just...it is hard...!

He let out a deep sigh ...got off the bed and walking to the table he picked up the shining silver instrument ...

The more khushi   tried not to think about her new teacher...the more she found herself wondering about him...it's like he hates her..why does it feel it was personal when it came to khushi  's matter...

Khushi   got out of the bed..neared the window .the moon was timidly lighting the night sky.coming down on earth filtered through the big leaves of sprawling trees on the campus...everything is murky ...like the way about arjun...she didn't understand why did she even cared for his approval.. she never cared for any..she didn't have to...everybody cared for her..waiting for her just to wish..

Her father died when she was only 13 ... mother passed away soon after giving her birth. unlucky she always guessed...

it was a big family ..she never had any problem getting anything .plenty of servants were there.her dadaji was too fond of her being the youngest of the family .he used to make her seat in his lap and say ...beti ...always look up...you are a Gupta...Gupta's never get sad.. be afraid or get defeated..you have to succeed ... always...either by yourself...or make the situation like that ..your competitors get defeated ..by hook or by crook..you have to win it ...khushi   did that ...always won in her life..got anything she wanted..though her wishes had to always match with dadaji.But She doesn't regret it.

Being with her father was different as far she remembers ..he was around her always ..her little finger entwined around his finger making her see the world ...he was not much of a big talker..but at night when he used to lull her to sleep he used to talk about importance of principles in life...he used to say path of truth was much harder to walk on..but she always had to choose that one if she wants to be happy ...he used to say talk about karma...kindness ..and loving people..loving the nature...nature was god...keeping balance on every thing ..he asked her to be wise..he was different than the other members of the big Gupta family... the other Guptas used to laugh at mention of him... say being in love with her mother changed that Gupta into some saint.

Suddenly she heard a faint tune...the music was mellow and sad..streaming through the cool night breeze ... someone playing a mouth organ.. who could it be.?..she wondered..

khushi   never heard anything like that before...the person has it within him..Intense love was intermingled with such melancholy like the emotions taking the form of life..., flowing placidly through the olden towered buildings..sweet smell of jasmine mangled with the tune...drugging the awake eyes..  ...Slowly thinning out in the layers of the large campus...Bringing out the memory of one's lost love...the love could be died for.

Khushi   picked up the shawl..and got out from her room...nobody stopped her in the hostel gate. Nobody ever stops her..she was walking to the source...following the music in the lanes between the old buildings through the campus...after a whiles walk she found herself at the north  west end of the campus..now  understood where was it coming from...but who is it...playing so proficiently creating such bliss on earth ..

The sound was coming from the backyard below the old neem tree she used to spend her leisure hours...now she could make out the silhouette sitting on the stone below the tree leaning on it...legs casually spread out front .. Clothing were white...its a him .but who could it be..

The musician was so immersed in himself he didn't notice her approaching.

What could have happened so bad with him that made him play a music filled with such sorrow its like the dreams that never came true .

Curiosity drew her forward. She could touch the tree but still the face couldn't be seen..tiptoed she advanced more..

Suddenly a pebble under her feet broke into pieces making a clattering sound. ...with that  the musician abruptly stopped and looked back...

Who's there ?

The breath stuck in her throat...

It was Arnav  ... ohh god ...!!

the last person she expected here to be.

He was looking so celestial in that white Punjabi  ..his raven back hair falling on his forehead slightly messy..giving him such boyish look...nothing like he seems in the class all uptight... for a second she couldn't move...legs rooted to the earth.

Arnav   took steps towards her..her heart was heavily pounding in her chest.. So loud she feared he could hear it,  didn't know why she felt out of words..why her stomach was knotting ..blood rushing to her cheeks.

who is there .?  hey you... come out ..!

Everything clouded in her head.. before understanding what she was doing she turned and ran back in one breath before he could move forward and recognize her.

Arnav   was surprised at the clattering noise interrupting him...it was pretty late at night .he didn't expect any student to be out so late..other faculties generally gather at a club to the opposite end of the campus .some goes to the city rest goes to bed .but here amidst of nowhere no one should come...so he picked this secluded place to spend the long sleepless night..the bottled up emotions had only one way to express...

The moon wasn't full ..the light wasn't enough to make out the face...but when the person ran..the slight sound of the trinkets rattling ...the scarf blowing in the air..the faint miff of perfume..he could recognize her even with eyes blindfolded .

Khushi   ..!!!..what is she doing here...?

She had recognized me...or else she wouldn't have run...but why did she run..?do I make her nervous..that too such extent that talkative miss know-it-all had no answer for me..?

A small smile crept on his lips ...realizing that he affected her no matter how small it be.

so how is it .?

Reet_pmz       add this account to get pms for this fictions please

waiting for ur comments .

love
Reet