Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gaja-Gamini thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Madhuri Dixit matches steps with Birju Maharaj on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2013/jun/010613-madhuri-dixit-kathak-pandit-birju-maharaj-jhalak-dikhhla-jaa-television.htm

The 'guru' and 'shishya' pair will be seen portraying the Indian classical dance form – Kathak in its purest and finest form dancing to the tunes of 'Piya toh se', 'Madhuban mein' and the famous folklore 'Dhai shyam rok lai'.

An overwhelmed and nervous Madhuri says, "I was six years old when I first saw Birju Ji performing. It's a very special occasion for me today that I am dancing with Maharaj Ji and I want to say that I feel his art is as never ending as a rainbow and if I follow it I will find treasure one day. Birju ji has given a new meaning to this Jhalak manch and I would want to encourage more youngsters to learn classical dance forms."

The mentor-disciple duo also share a close family bond and Panditji even teaches Madhuri's children the tabla. Maharaji nevertheless was glad to share the stage with Madhuri and showed his love and affection for his beloved student by saying how proud he was of his quick learner and dedicated student.

Pandit Birju Maharaj has earlier choreographed the actress for many of her movies like 'Devdas' and 'Dil to Pagal Hai'. This historic moment that was the perfect epitome of grace and elegance left Karan Johar and Remo stunned. 
mdfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Saw episode of jhalak yesterday... Loved it... celebrity dances were average though... Isnt MD getting bolder these days...😉

Gaja-Gamini thumbnail
SNEAK PEEK: MADHURI AND BIRJU MAHARAJ'S JUGALBANDI
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
OMG i loved Mads , and m loving her more and more, she ws phenomenal yest, and JDJ shines for her again, loved RK - mads yaar, phew
Gaja-Gamini thumbnail

*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Haai now I like Sunny too with Mads😆 the promo is cuter
suzi_b thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Resham*

Haai now I like Sunny too with Mads😆 the promo is cuter

Though the pics with Sunny r cute but tu abhi list bada mat...concentrate on RK & HR 😆😆
suzi_b thumbnail
Jab Se Tere Naina ❤️☺️

from twitter...
Edited by suzi_b - 10 years ago
suzi_b thumbnail
@PrithamSadashiv
The STUNNING Madhuri Dixit In Tarun Tahiliani Tonight on @ColorsTV - #Jhalak Premiere Night. Styled By @Tanya1Ghavri.

Lame or Fame : In Vikram Phadnis : Madhuri Dixit on the sets of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa

suzi_b thumbnail
Ghagra on Jhalak ❤️

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hex1GXCaWek&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]