Bwood Diva : Madhuri Dixit - A new beginning

Posted: 10 years ago
We are almost completing the earlier FC, so creating a new one, but please complete the earlier one first.

And we are here for another FC of the original Diva of bwood, Madhuri Dixit, with her upcoming projects like DI and GG and her TV show JDJ on the cards, the excitement level is on a high, and yes the item number with Ranbir which is already creating waves. 

So here are we into a new FC - the Ninth one 😃and discuss her with the same zeal.

The pic credit is suzi😳

The links to the previous fan clubs is below :

Enjoy.
yay thanks !!! just bookmarking so i can find this one later!
Since there's Ghagra fever everywhere these days...Hence once more Ghagra Magic...to begin this new FC...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyLVqJ_UgTY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40HQ6pJtZRY[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by suzi_b - 10 years ago
Madhuri Dixit Sets The Small Screen On Fire In 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 6'
http://businessofcinema.com/news/madhuri-dixit-sets-the-small-screen-on-fire-in-jhalak-dikhla-jaa-6/75981

Get set to put on your dancing shoes! Television's most loved reality show, 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' is back in its sixth edition, featuring once again the lovely Madhuri Dixit, the very fun Karan Johar and and the master of cool Remo D'Souza.

Season six of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' is all set to scorch the small screen, beginning this weekend. Once again, Karan, Madhuri and Remo will don the judges' hat, and will offer critique and scores to the celebrities participating in the show.

Adapted from 'Dancing With The Stars', ''Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' will begin its sixth season this weekend. And we spotted the stars at the first look launch.

Madhuri Dixit effortlessly proved she's still the reigning queen of hearts, on sets. Clad in a white shirt, sequined vest and black skinny jeans, the mother of two looked sexier and more svelte than ever, and even shook a leg with her co-judge Karan Johar, who was clad in a dapper steel blue suit.

Also present on sets was singer Shaan and actress Shweta Tiwari.

Madhuri Dixit has seemed to accrue a new fanboy, in the form of her once-upon-a-time co-star Anil Kapoor. The 'jhakaas' actor heaped praise on her recently, when he said, "These days she is all over the place with her 'cha-cha-cha' promo of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'. The promo looks excellent! I am eagerly waiting to watch the show."

Anil and Madhuri have starred together in yesteryear superhits like 'Tezaab', 'Beta', 'Ram Lakhan', and 'Parinda'.
Madhuri Dixit beats telly queens with her desi dhumkas on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa
http://ht.ly/ls3Kb

Madhuri Dixit is back with a bang and is already giving the top players a run for their money. Reining the music charts with her desi moves in item number Agra se Ghagra in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, the dhak dhak girl performed on the song for the first time on stage of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. 

The gorgeous diva set the dance floor on fire with her right moves ahead of introducing the participants like Shweta Tiwari, Karanvir Bohra, Drashti Dhami, singer Shaan and Na Aana Ish Desh Laado fame Meghna Malik to name a few. Not far behind was co-judge Karan Johar who filled in for Madhuri's co-dancer Ranbir Kapoor in the song as he made quite an effort in shaking a leg on stage. 

Madhuri Dixit will be the co-judge of the show along with Karan Johar and choreographer Remo D'Souza.
I'm a big critic of myself: Madhuri Dixit
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Im-a-big-critic-of-myself-Madhuri-Dixit/articleshow/20310611.cms

Madhuri's the dancing diva of Bollywood and the epitome of grace. The petite actress has been receiving rave reviews for her ghagra number in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani opposite Ranbir. 

And now, the dhak dhak girl is set to once again co judge a dance reality show on Television. Madhuri will be also be performing with kathak guru Pt. Birju Maharaj for the show.

Although she seems to have impressed all, there are a few actors who've impressed Madhuri with her dancing skills. "I love the way Hrithik Roshan dances. I've always said that. From the women I like Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma. I'd seen her in Band Baaja Baarat and I thought she danced really well. Everybody gets their own personality and adds their own style to dancing. You have to look at it that way", says Madhuri.

But when it comes to her, she's humble in spite of being one of the best dancers and actresses in Bollywood. "I'm a big critic of myself", she concludes.
Some more pictures here: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/gallery/jhalak-dikhla-jaa-contestants/1/9443.html#photo1
Madhuri: I want to take dance to every person in the world
http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-madhuri-dixit-i-had-a-blast-dancing-with-ranbir-tv/20130528.htm

Madhuri Dixit is excited about returning as the judge in the next season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the popular dance reality TV show.

"I like the show as it brings out the interesting journey of contestants. Anyone can dance but it is important to put your heart and soul into a performance," Madhuri says. The show will premiere on June 1 on Colors.

Madhuri chats about the show, her upcoming movies, and how she still looks so gorgeous.

For the opening episode of Jhalak..., you will perform the item number Ghagra from the film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani with Ranbir Kapoor. What was it like working with him in the film and on TV?

Ranbir is a talented actor and a very good dancer. The kind of energy he gets on the floor is wonderful. I had a blast dancing with him.

What was it like being teamed with noted classical dancer Birju Maharaj in a special act on Jhalak? (He choreographed her songs in Devdas, Dil To Pagal Hai and for her upcoming film Dedh Ishqiya)

I am happy and honoured that I will be dancing with him in Jhalak. I am getting butterflies in my stomach. I am nervous about being able to match up to him. I will treasure this moment.

You have recorded a song with your mother Snehlata Dixit in your upcoming movie Gulab Gang...

They wanted a voice for a particular sequence, not a proper song. A couple of instruments play in the background and they wanted an actress -- me -- to break into the song. They wanted to make it realistic, so when the director asked me, I thought about it and agreed.

How did you convince your mother?

Actually, I tricked my mother (laughs). I just told her to come along as I was recording. The artistic talent what I have is because of my mother. She is interested in music. She had four children but still managed to do a Masters degree in Vocal Hindustani Music.

She couldn't learn dance but made her daughters learn it. All those things we have got from her.

I quietly took her along and asked her to sing one line for me. She sang and I was like 'Mom, you have made your debut at 80!' (laughs).

How did your children react when they saw you dance to Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani?

The first time they saw the song on TV, they came running to me and said 'Mom, you are on TV'. They are still innocent and don't understand it fully. But they were happy that their mother is on TV.

We have not seen a dancing actor like you.

That is your thought (smiles) but I don't endorse it completely. Everybody has their own personality on screen

You have lost weight and look fit and gorgeous. Was that for a role in any film?

I have lost weight to keep myself healthy.

Second, I have to be seen on screen, and I have to be slim because the screen adds a lot of weight.

Third, in this profession, you have to look after yourself because I have to dance and be fit.

So how do you keep fit?

What you eat is very important. Eat healthy. A workout is very important. I workout or dance for an hour.

I don't starve but I believe in a good balanced diet. I have five small meals in a day, each meal after every three hours.

What is new in this season of Jhalak?

We have associated Jhalak with my online dance academy, Dance with Madhuri. On Jhalak, they will teach seven steps every week. You can learn and upload the steps from my website.  

If someone is good, s/he gets a reward. The better ones get to come on the show, while the really good ones will get a chance to dance with me.

This season it's not only for the celebrities but also for the aam janta (ordinary folk).

What is that one dance form that you wish to learn?

I want to learn tap dancing. During the Stardust awards, we added a few elements of tap dancing. But when I see Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire, I feel I should have learnt this also.

Is there any international reality show that you watch?

I like American Idol. I love the singers who come on the show.

Can you talk a bit about your production house?
Under our banner, we have formed an online dance academy. Right now we are working on it to make it more comprehensive and getting more styles into it with different choreographers and gurus.

I think everybody should be able to dance and be exposed to these gurus who have so much talent.

I want to take dance to every person in the world.

It's a stress buster and keeps you fit and just gives you joy. We try and make it easy for everyone to learn at leisure. We want to bring different dance forms, be it classical, western or Bollywood style, under one roof.

How was it working with Juhi Chawla in Gulaab Gang?

She is a very good actress herself and we have very nice scenes together. I enjoyed working in the film.

Any dance based film that you have liked in recent times?

ABCD is a good attempt by Remo D'Souza (choreographer-director). I loved the dance in the movie and it's innovative.

What kind of movies are you interested in?

I found the two roles in Gulaab Gang and Dedh Ishqiya interesting. If I get something challenging, I would love to do it.
Dharmendra most handsome person, says Madhuri
http://hillpost.in/2013/05/dharmendra-most-handsome-person-says-madhuri/82246/

In her about three-decade career Bollywood dancing diva Madhuri Dixit has worked with many good looking and talented actors like Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, and Sanjay Dutt, but she finds yesteryear star Dharmendra the most handsome.

"I think he is one of the most handsome persons I have ever seen on screen," Madhuri said while talking about Dharmendra's good looks, and added she is also a huge fan of his trademark dancing step.

"We do so many steps, different steps to win the people's heart, but he did it (won the heart of people) with his one step. So you can understand what kind of reverence he has for us also," said Madhuri Monday at the launch of the sixth season of "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa".

Dharmendra made his dance style popular with the song "Main jat yamla pagla deewana" in 1975 movie "Pratigya".

Madhuri is set to judge at the sixth season of the dance reality show along with filmmaker Karan Johar and choreographer-director Remo D'Souza, which is set to go on-air June 1 with 12 contestants fighting for the crown.

In the first two episodes of the show, Dharmendra will be seen. He is curerntly promoting his home production "Yamla Pagla Deewana 2?, which is coming out June 7.
Some people on Twitter can be so irritating. 😡 I need to keep calm when ppl talk crap about Mads but sometimes they just go over board.