Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gaja-Gamini thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Madhuri counters Mallika
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130529/entertainment-bollywood/article/madhuri-counters-mallika

One actress who hasn't taken kindly to starlet Mallika Sherawat calling India a regressive country is dance diva Madhuri Dixit.

When asked about her views on Mallika's latest interview at Cannes, Madhuri said, "Having lived abroad for many years I can say for a fact that India is not regressive in any way. India is moving forward at the same pace as other countries. There are several positive changes taking place here and I see a bright future for our country."

Madhuri is not the only one who has countered Mallika's views. Priyanka Chopra too lashed out at her for her callous statements about the country in the video that went viral in less than a day. 
Gaja-Gamini thumbnail
Madhuri Dixit: Rishi is more charming than Ranbir
http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/madhuri-dixit-rishi-is-more-charming-than-ranbir-372699

Madhuri Dixit, who recently worked with Ranbir for a special song in Yeh Jawaani Hai Dewaani prefers Rishi Kapoor over his son.Currently Ranbir Kapoor seems to be the toast of tinsel town.

While filmmakers are chasing the actor for their films, most actresses are dying to work with him.

However, Madhuri Dixit, who has worked with Ranbir as well as his dad Rishi Kapoor, feels that the veteran actor is a bag of charm.While Mads has appeared alongside Rishi in films like Sahibaan and Yaraana, she features in an item number in Ranbir's upcoming film helmed by Ayan Mukerji.

Says Madhuri, "Rishiji is charmer for sure. He is very sweet and I had lot of fun whenever I worked with him. Ranbir is shy. On the sets, he too was very nice."

However, the actress feels that the younger RK is one of the best actors in town right now. "It was like a mutual admiration club on the sets. He is a risk taker and earns the applause for it rightly. That way he encourages directors and producers to make different kinds of films."

The dhak dhak diva is also impressed with Ranbir's dancing skills. "As a dancer he is terrific. He has a lot of energy and we had a blast together." 
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Must agree with both the articles
suzi_b thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I think they are projecting the article wrongly...that Mads prefers Rishi over Ranbir...she spoke about both and said nice things about both...

Have seen her with Rishi...but now wanna see her working with Ranbir...in a full fledged moviešŸ˜†šŸ˜³
suzi_b thumbnail

LIVE CHAT WITH MADHURI DIXIT

I would like to know if we can see her in films with new gen actors...
Gaja-Gamini thumbnail
MADS IS MAD ABOUT...
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130529/jsp/t2/story_16946130.jsp#.UaYiS0DxqEd

Come June 1 and Madhuri Dixit's dazzling smile and dance moves will light up your TV screens as she returns as a judge on reality dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. But before that, here's Mads in t2!

Was it a given that you would return to Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa?

It was always understood that I would be back on the show and I will keep coming back till the time the audience wants to see me judging Jhalak. I enjoy working with Colors and with the BBC cast and crew. And you know dance is something that has always been close to my heart. Any opportunity that I get to dance or do anything with dance, I take it up with both hands (laughs the Madhuri laugh)... I have enjoyed Jhalak over the last two seasons and it was quite obvious I would take it up this time too. It's great fun.

What do you feel about the contestant line-up this time?

Oh my god, it's wow! I think we have some very good celebrities this time. I am really looking forward to seeing a lot of very high-quality dance this time, given that we have contestants who are not totally amateurs. It's going to be a fun season.

One hears that you have set the performance bar higher this timeā€¦

I've been a part of two seasons before this and it's time we set the standards a little higher. Everybody can dance, right? But I want to see if they can get their hearts and souls into it. I want them to bring themselves into their dance. For me, that has always been my mantra while dancing. There have been days when I haven't felt 100 per cent fit or there has been something on my mind, but once I got on the dance floor, nothing else mattered. For me, it was dance like no one's watching. And that's what I would like to see in the contestants.

How has it been teaming up once more with your co-judges Karan Johar and Remo D'Souza?

That's a major reason why I wanted to come back to Jhalak. The three of us really hit it off well in the last season and I think we made one hell of a team. The best thing about the three of us is that we are almost always on the same page as far as a contestant or a performance is concerned. Even off set, we three are good friends and that always helps. I have a lot of respect for Remo as a choreographer and a huge amount of respect for Karan as a producer, even more so after I have worked for his production house (Dharma Productions) in a song called Ghagra (for Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani). After that, my respect for Karan has gone up even higher! (Laughs) Even as people, they both are wonderful and we have such a great time on set that I don't even realise when the day comes to an end.

Do your kids Arin and Ryan like watching you more on a show like Jhalak or in a song like Ghagra?

(Laughs the Madhuri laugh) They kind of like Jhalak because it's about giving marksā€¦ makes them feel like it's school! They follow the show quite religiously and then they shout at me saying: 'Why did you give her less marks? Why did you give him so many points?' When Ghagra first aired, my sons came running to me and screamed: 'Ma, you are on TV!' (Laughs) They were very excited to see me in that long, flowing ghagra!

But they must be used to seeing quite a bit of you on TV by now?

Yeah, now they are getting a little used to it. In fact, my kids had come on the sets of Ghagra. But you know how kids are naā€¦ they were more interested in how the sets were made! They were very upset why only half the sets were there. They ran up to me and asked: 'Why aren't the rooms complete?' They were very hassled about that (laughs).

How was it doing the Ghagra song with Ranbir Kapoor?

It was a blastā€¦ it was so much fun! He's such a good actor. See the kind of roles he's doneā€¦ he always takes a risk, always does something different and does it so well. I have a lot of admiration for him as an actor. And he brings a lot of life into his dancing. It was wonderful working with him.

Ranbir told us last week that you've been his biggest crush growing upā€¦

(Laughs the Madhuri laugh) Well, I just keep reading about it in the interviews. On the sets of Ghagra, he was a very quiet and well-behaved boy. Even for that kiss in the song, he seemed a little nervousā€¦ but then he's a good actor! (Laughs)

You've just wrapped up your film Gulaab Gang. Did such a serious film offer any scope for dance?

It's not really a serious kind of filmā€¦ there are many bits of it that are quite entertaining, actually. It's a film with a strong social message, no doubt, but we've kept it quite entertaining. There is dancingā€¦ there are songs in the movie. I am very proud of the way the film has turned out and I am hoping that the audience will like Gulaab Gang.

Are you happy with your second innings in Bollywood till now?

I don't really think this is my second innings because I have always been coming back and doing work. I signed Devdas after marriage and I also completed Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam and Pukar after marriage. I did Aaja Nachle after that and then Jhalak happened. So, it's not that I have come back after a long time. I am a professional and I am now doing work making sure I keep a balance between my family and my career.
suzi_b thumbnail
Ranbir told us last week that you've been his biggest crush growing upā€¦

(Laughs the Madhuri laugh) Well, I just keep reading about it in the interviews. On the sets of Ghagra, he was a very quiet and well-behaved boy. Even for that kiss in the song, he seemed a little nervousā€¦ but then he's a good actor! (Laughs)...

Best answer...Lol šŸ˜†
suzi_b thumbnail

IT'S ALL ABOUT FUN, FRIENDSHIP, LOVE AND LIFE

Ayan Mukerji's Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani is all about living one's life to the fullest, while staying rooted to values. Here's a sketch of the characters and a glimpse of those special moments that took them on a roller-coaster ride

SOME DESI MUSIC AND A RAITA NUMBER TOO... 
Unlike the soundtrack of his earlier film, Wake Up Sid, Ayan wanted a massy score for YJHD. Says music composer Pritam, "Ayan told me that he wanted quintessential Hindi film songs. He and Karan Johar wanted a catchy desi album with vibrant sounds to retain the energy of the movie." 
    Pritam says that the Ghagra song was composed even before Madhuri Dixit was approached for it. "Amitabh Bhattacharya had already written the lyrics and Ayan liked the lines a lot," says the composer, adding that Madhuriagreed immediately after she heard the song. 

stephhh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
i hope madhuri will work wth ranbir's son also after 30 yrs n she will prove to b a hit wth him as well...most graceful actress ever