~~DOTW: What defines Motherhood?~~

MADHU.BARUN thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Hello saathiyans firstly congratulations for the cast and crew of saathiya for completing 800 episodes and also 3 years

coming to the DOTW my question is... what defines motherhood? does giving birth makes you a mother?

For exaple in saathiya,we have Kokila who is strict yet loving. she can go to any extent to save her children. she prayed to god to kill her if one has to be dead..

On the other hand, we have Urmila who is not really bothered about Rashi atleast, forget about others! She is more interested in herself. 

We also saw how different Gopi,Rashi,Hetal are as mothers!

So if rashi is on wrong way,is it Urmi's mistake? Definitely...then how?  and if Ahem and Jigar are successful its the credit to Kokila and Hetal! How?

The topic is all yours. Sorry if its not interesting!😭 
Edited by MADHU.BARUN - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DEEPZzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Its a good topic Madhu.. Might be back later to comment
MADHU.BARUN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deepikz

Its a good topic Madhu.. Might be back later to comment<div></div>

Thank you deepz take your time 😊
ANJ4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
being a mother is very hard ... I know I have a baby  ...  you want everything for your child...  but you also want them to grow up as a good person , so you try to teach them good Values  ...  When they are little they listen ...what about when they get older... 
MADHU.BARUN thumbnail

Originally posted by: ANJ4

being a mother is very hard ... I know I have a baby ... you want everything for your child... but you also want them to grow up as a good person , so you try to teach them good Values ... When they are little they listen ...what about when they get older...

Exactly what about when they get older? Thats the question! Seriously dear May be coz you are a mother you would know better than me! Now even if kokila or hetal wants to teach rashi something I don't think it would go into her
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Madhu, a very thoughtful topicπŸ‘

It will make me write pages..πŸ˜†  But for now let me write a few lines..

Is Koki a good mother.. Yes, in certain aspects. She has brought up two children who at most times are respectful, have a conscience, don't say lies, are true to their nature and do not stand injustice. But that does not make her a perfect mom. 😊 She has her flaws..

Same goes for Hetal. If there was no Rashi in the Modis life, I would have thought that Hetal was the perfect mother.. Easy going, loving, kind, lovely, respectful.. But with the presence of Rashi, one understands where Hetal goes wrong. She is too blind and too easy going

Urmi, for all her faults IMHO is an alright mother.. Yeah.. She teaches wrong things to Rashi but one can never doubt her love for Rashi.. Urmi is not worried for Rashi in this track only because she does not know the actual trouble Rashi is in.. Otherwise, remember the times she has done things for Rashi that she would do for no one else.. SHe went as far to take the entire blame of Vansh fiasco on her head.. No.. Urmi loves Rashi.

One thing I don't agree though is that Rashi is bad because of Urmi.. Urmi did contribute to Rashi's psych but I don't agree that Urmi is the only reason for Rashi being the person she is..

Rashi is basically evil in herself and inspite of sounding like a broken record ,parents are not responsible for every mistake a child does after the children grow up.. If that is the case, every murderer will site this as his trial defense.. No.. Parents are not the only reason we do bad things. Rashi hurts others because she is evil herself. I will not question Urmi's parenting for that
Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Being a mother is one of the most hardest and rewarding things in the world.  But not all can fall into the mantle very easily for you have some biological mothers who cannot handle motherhood, yet some who will fall into that role and fit into that part perfectly.  The best thing is not to go in with any illusions.

Now lets look at the mothers we are seeing.  
Koki is a sherni with a heart of gold, who instils good moral values but has even caught short by one of her children but still is sure of their love.

Hetal a big softie who mostly thinks with her heart.  A loving mother, who has inspired and taught with love

Now we get to Urmi.  Now she is not wrong in wanting the best for her daughter or perhaps even for herself.  I mean who among us aspire to have better things.  Where Urmi is wrong is in the fact that she will trample over anybody to get what she wants and has also taught her daughter to care for no one but herself.

As a mother one thing I have learnt is that your mothering changes and should do so with every stage that your child goes through.  From birth to the age of seven you are there to nurture, love and guide.  From seven to, I guess 12 you teach and discipline, 12 upwards you are there to support and mentor, then from adulthood you are there as a friend.  
Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Oh β˜ΊοΈ nice topic btw Madhu. πŸ˜ƒ
MADHU.BARUN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justlikethat1

Madhu, a very thoughtful topicπŸ‘

It will make me write pages..πŸ˜† But for now let me write a few lines..

Is Koki a good mother.. Yes, in certain aspects. She has brought up two children who at most times are respectful, have a conscience, don't say lies, are true to their nature and do not stand injustice. But that does not make her a perfect mom. 😊 She has her flaws..

Same goes for Hetal. If there was no Rashi in the Modis life, I would have thought that Hetal was the perfect mother.. Easy going, loving, kind, lovely, respectful.. But with the presence of Rashi, one understands where Hetal goes wrong. She is too blind and too easy going

Urmi, for all her faults IMHO is an alright mother.. Yeah.. She teaches wrong things to Rashi but one can never doubt her love for Rashi.. Urmi is not worried for Rashi in this track only because she does not know the actual trouble Rashi is in.. Otherwise, remember the times she has done things for Rashi that she would do for no one else.. SHe went as far to take the entire blame of Vansh fiasco on her head.. No.. Urmi loves Rashi.

One thing I don't agree though is that Rashi is bad because of Urmi.. Urmi did contribute to Rashi's psych but I don't agree that Urmi is the only reason for Rashi being the person she is..

Rashi is basically evil in herself and inspite of sounding like a broken record ,parents are not responsible for every mistake a child does after the children grow up.. If that is the case, every murderer will site this as his trial defense.. No.. Parents are not the only reason we do bad things. Rashi hurts others because she is evil herself. I will not question Urmi's parenting for that

Fantastic reply as usual harini πŸ‘

What you said about hetal is something which is absolutely correct and there is no point of argument here! Considering how bad and worse things urmila and rashi have done to gopi and modi family! Can you actually tell thst only rashi is at fault because she didn't oppose what her mother was saying despite being educated! Not that education matters but ok she in her senses! What happened to the teachings of urmi? From day one urmi had taught these ways to rashi so isn't it quite obvious for rashi to do something like this for riches!

Im glad you liked the topic coz I felt it was a bit dry 😭
MADHU.BARUN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Xarina

Being a mother is one of the most hardest and rewarding things in the world. But not all can fall into the mantle very easily for you have some biological mothers who cannot handle motherhood, yet some who will fall into that role and fit into that part perfectly. The best thing is not to go in with any illusions.

Now lets look at the mothers we are seeing.
Koki is a sherni with a heart of gold, who instils good moral values but has even caught short by one of her children but still is sure of their love.

Hetal a big softie who mostly thinks with her heart. A loving mother, who has inspired and taught with love

Now we get to Urmi. Now she is not wrong in wanting the best for her daughter or perhaps even for herself. I mean who among us aspire to have better things. Where Urmi is wrong is in the fact that she will trample over anybody to get what she wants and has also taught her daughter to care for no one but herself.

As a mother one thing I have learnt is that your mothering changes and should do so with every stage that your child goes through. From birth to the age of seven you are there to nurture, love and guide. From seven to, I guess 12 you teach and discipline, 12 upwards you are there to support and mentor, then from adulthood you are there as a friend.

Beautiful reply xar πŸ‘

Superb especially the first and last part! You nailed it!!
And coming to the thing you pointed out! Since urmi wanted the best for rashi and herself she troubled gopi and her marital life too! So isn't urmi wrong here? Wishing things is very normal even I wish many things! But troubling others?

Kokila might have her own flaws but she will never trouble others for her child's needs