Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riafna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This is the best one ever awesome+ mind +blowing +speechless +superb+ ... = A poolside tale.😛
I LOVE this one.
When started this one i thought that may be its his farm house whatever it may be how dare he let her sleep in floor she is not slave ...
Then when he enters he is good and really good. well spoken gentle man.He heard her pleas and same time gave solutions to her problems too
He , the crown prince elope with his servant. Till then I didn't get the reason for runaway but Anjali explained it well.Rani Sahiba 😊
All the best for your exams Samanti
Wonderful job Juhi👏 .Anyway my guess didn't work here😳 .But kiss is there❤️
Edited by riafna - 11 years ago
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
*happy sigh*

Do you know what one of my favourite bits of IPK used to be? The Sundari-Shaitan tale that Khushi was fond of telling the kids and the parallels with her own life.
And IPK, despite everything, was a fairytale.

And this tale of yours Juhi, is exactly that. A heart-warming fairytale.

Right from the beginning, the timeless royal palace setting, Khushi as the young maid resigned to her lot in life-- it screamed Cinderella to me.
And then it became so much better (and less predictable) than Cinderella! The young prince's concern and humanity-- that set him apart from other royals-- so very Arnav Singh Raizada.
This Cinderella didn't need fine clothes or jewels or even a fairy godmother for her prince to recognize her worth and rescue her from her circumstances.

And as always, so many IPK scenes and dialogues blended in so beautifully! The sleeping by the poolside business (which I had hated just as much); one of my favourite-est scenes-- the bangle one; the role-reversal in the blowing-dirt-out-of-eye scene; the reversal of the 'I hate you' business (which had nearly made me cry in the original); the 'humein aap par bharosa hai'-- I could go on and on.

And your trademark let's-give-a-new-meaning-to-Rani-Sahiba. (with you, I no longer hate that name)

You took the tragic-lovers complex and gave it a delightful spin where they actually get away from their restrictive society.

And Anjali. I love reading Anjali's that are strong and don't need mollycoddling, who stand up for the younger sibling as is right. You are brilliant because Lavanya calling Anjali 'Rani Sahiba' is the coolest thing ever.

And the precious poolside. I am glad that they won't have to say goodbye to that lovely place forever!

For once Arnav and Khushi turning their back on responsibilities and perceived duties was such a welcome change.

This was a simple, but beautiful tale-- wonderfully executed and I loved reading every moment of it!
Edited by Semanti - 11 years ago
LooneyLuna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
H is here..for a swim in the pool?

Sorry for such a late unres..I feel terrible asli Duniya took over.

The poolside has never sounded more magical. I love the scene you set..the flowers, the water, the light..it set the tone for what was to come. A enchanting fairy tale, which to be honest I had never expected u to write! To be honest I am not into fairy tales just like I am not into veer zara..par this was different because

then juhi came in..she might give us SKDs but she breaks a few before making it all happy-ever-after! I predicted my reasons for khushi to not be aware of her surroundings, needless to say this wasnt it! This does sound more plausible than the 50 things in my head. I love how you contrasted the beauty of the poolside to the miseries of khushi's life. How can someone like that be mesmerised by the poolside or really see the magic us dreamers dived into! You take it up a few notches with the changing weather and the cold marble floor. The irony of romanticising a place like poolside (think scandalous) really hits me here. Just like in the show..I also like the hints u keep dropping newly orphaned, no skills..Princess waiting to be rescued!

So how do we get past this..? Cometh the Prince Charming. We all have swooned over the bad boy Raizada, so it's hard to digest an inherently kind hearted version. Yet I fall for his charm..the righteous anger, chiseled perfection of his face, but most of all the look in his eyes for her. The eyes are your faraqing forte!!!! Wait he brought her in?! You have added more poolside scenes into this than the 3..her moving behind as he comes closer lol, so typical..and follows also..the ever ready let me just carry you and get it over with. Wow his room reminds me of jodha Akbar type thing. Ok before I plunge into other skd's about other shows..moving on

I love the parts that followed their love seems so SUBLIME! I like that you didn't spell out every single thing, just gave snippets, not in any particular sequence. It might sound rushed to fall in such deep love in 3 weeks! Par it makes sense..hope is the underlying cause of your writings and our skd's after all!

And S this line reminds me of our convo this morning - "if she could gather the I even of her life just as easily if he had abandoned her at this juncture." I can't expand on why what how..par just cause.

The feeling each other wale rabba veys are here, belcomes! The dust in eye seen was my all time favourite! Although it didn't quite work when they repeated it at karva-chauth!

I love that here a+k like us phankis are blocking out the asli Duniya and living in the SKDs too. As usual I love to read what your arnavji thinks about it all! Hello mr I wear my heart on my sleeves and am vocal about my feelings! Where were you all my IPK life?!

"Like the water nymphs of lore" - that's it, just like snow-white, rapunzel..she has her own identifier!

I love the conversation about the bangles..anjali sounds like the fairy godmother for some reason!

The bangle scene was another one beautiful done. Except i like this rabba-vey way better!! Adding to the list of wish this rabba-vey was on YouTube number 74. And adding to it the famous I hate you with a juhi twist..I faraq u dammit!!!!!!!!

The goodbyes to poolside were sad =( par I know u will make it happen in this lifetime! Skd fulfilled, hamesha!

Ahhh leaving on a horse? So cliche, but no fairytale is complete without that!

I love that so far in all your stories..there has been someone or the other lookin out for them! Are the last parts of each story inspire you to write the rest of the tale or what?! And also the part where it all makes sense! Also the siblings love for each other hasn't ever been the cause for "paas aane na de", but always led them to "door jaane na de"! I think this probably was my favourite part to the story he conversation between lav and anjali..so much goodness. Also random but "nayi soch" will clearly be proved by anjali, "woman whose loyalty and sense of justice made her truly...royal" and our fairy godmother!

And for the 50th million time we have am explanation and new meaning to the words rani sahiba! Love that you never stop trying!

Ok now to the a/n..I read the new chapter of isle before commenting on this one and probably explains my happy mood and to take on any hopeful SKD with full appreciation. I love the isle and how it changes my mood..or just gives me a million things to think about! Now going to go looking for the comment that inspired this story..you guys are the most amazing writers, dammit. Ps u three S!!!
Luna

Ps. Phew that took a while! And a big mug of coffee. Edited by LooneyLuna - 11 years ago
Eccentrica thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
ress
Edited:

Poolside with the white marble and urns and doves gave it a mythical and surreal effect...beautiful!

Everything was like a poetry in motion...the description of an orphaned Khushi who was hired as the caretaker of the courtyard, her inability to find beauty in it, first conversation with Arnav, his tough yet caring side, being scooped up in his arms just so that he could protect her and she wouldn't have to disobey him...😳

The unfolding of the story reminded me of fairy tales...the gradual developments were so sweet and real as well. And then the revelation about Arnav being the heir to the kingdom of Raigarh just proved the 'fairy tale' thought😊

The tale was sweet but it was the selfless Anjali that totally moved my heart...selfless to the maximum; you described an Anjali I had always wanted to see, thank you for that!🤗

You say you haven't written stories like these before? I say write many more of them.

This story is going to stay with me for long merely because it was the apt presentation of simplistic beauty...loved it dammit!
Edited by Eccentrica - 11 years ago
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Awwieee!! Thank you so much Juhi-ji! I haven't read the tale yet but I know it will be every bit as good as you are :)

I don't deserve half as much praise as your work (and Semanti's of course) but I am thankful for every word of encouragement I can get. So thank you and a big hug for the dedication.

Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
😃

Such a beautiful story ... 

Just loved Arnav Singh Raizada in this ... 
such a sweet gentle soul ... 
brought back such sweet memories of the show ... 
loved the way you have incorporated the poolside scenes ... 

The bangles falling into the pool ... the poolside kiss ... 😳

riding off into the sunset with the one you love on horse back ... 

Thanks ... loved it ... 

Edited by Kishmish - 11 years ago
soaringskies thumbnail
it was beautiful juhi...i am going to read this again...!!😊
nnhk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
The Queen of cliffhangers gives us a beautiful tale about a Rani!

this was beautiful... Juhi seriously ab ek historic piece ho hi jaye( SS ya FF) kuch bhi chalay ga 😊
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Can I say that I have happy tears in my eye? Sure some of that has to do with the wonderful dedication that preceded the tale

But the tale itself - thank you for showing that even in the era of Kings and Queens - there were princes who thought it despicable that a young woman would be made to sleep by the pool on cold, wintry nights.

And the bangles - I actually liked that scene a lot on the show - it was Arnav Singh Raizada at his flirty best and you changed that to pure beauty.

Every bit a fairy tale this chapter - the kind that makes you believe in always and forever!

Juhi-ji - between you and Semanti - you are going to make sure that even a firm believer of hope and love like me never has a chance to stray from the path of glory. Thank you for wonderful stories and once again - a big hug for being you. 
Edited by meera30 - 11 years ago
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Such a beautiful update, Juhi! It was worth the wait. and you changed some very painful scenes- her sleeping on the floor in the cold, the two of them screaming I hate you to each other. But you kept the bangle scene, so I send you a big hug from across the world :) I'm all for the Juhification of IPK. As Urdu poets would say- Muqarrar :) Edited by SS88 - 11 years ago