Frequent Posters

~Khizer~ thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
~Khizer~ thumbnail

Red

Originally posted by: heart girl

[quote=]

Lack of time nowadays is NOT an excuse BUT a reality. And if it wasn't i would not have said that. Even if you are trying to use a small Kameez insead of suit even then you are sticking to our culture, our multi-shaded culture as Kameez (Whether small or loose or big) it is kameez after all. I repeat myself, PRacticality and Time saving are the top priorities now. If the purpose of a person to wear a casual or formal dress at work, they will decide on these two parameters whether they come up with jeans or short kameez or for that matter, Suits!

[/quote]

Apne religion, apni family etc ke liye time nikalna padta hai hota kisi ke pas nahi hai!😊 baaki i wont repeat agin nd agin

---

Baaki i m not in mood of reading!😆

you are presenting things based on reasearch & theories and nnto atually wat u blv in! Anyways, was nice debating against you!😊

Yep!😛

heart girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: T.

High priced things are not bought because they also have things like brands and designer labels. They are expensive.

But, expense never deteriorates a fashion trend. Thats why you have both Vimal's clothing and the roadside clothing stall.

Quality is another issue and irrelevant to this topic.  

But Indians are also known for something. just take the exampel of pashmina shawls- if we start selling fake material in low price ofcourse - does that show what indians are known for? things like shawals, emboridery, and the special material is what india is known for and that's why those invaders came into india - to get this-!

See, affordability and economic status is different. Pashmina is a high quality material derived from the undercoat fur of a goat. You have to kill Himalayan mountain goats for this.

Moreover, Pashmina is not as expensive as it used to be:

Pashmina has dropped in price significantly since it made its first appearance in the West. While shawls in the mid-1990s could easily cost upwards of US$400, a nice pashmina shawl may now be found for under US$200. Prices are unlikely to drop much further in the near future, however, due to the limited range of the Himalayan goat and the finite amount of wool which can be exported. (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-pashmina.htm)

If you consider inflation trends, US$400 from the 1990s was more valuable than US$400 today let alone US$ 200. Affordability was an issue even when Pashminas were first introduced.

Moreover due to the scarcity of the mountain goat, less shawls can be made. (high demand = high price) This is purely an economic argument. Similar to how most of us are now using up oil, coal and other natural resources, which is driving their prices up.

Interesting fact: Pashmina is derived from a Persian word called "pashm", which refers to the undercoat of animals.  

I just gave it as an "example" plz for quality and stuff!

Anyways, wont comment anymore looks liek we got few more mins..was nice debating against  you!😊
heart girl thumbnail

You like so totally rock Khizer!👍🏼
~Khizer~ thumbnail

Same to you yaar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to be on your team again yaar! It was a blast !!😳 😃

heart girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Khizer~

Same to you yaar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to be on your team again yaar! It was a blast !!😳 😃

[/QUOTE]

Same here!👍🏼

And to all the particpants of the opp. team ..It was a great debate!👍🏼 We' d love to speak against you once agin (some other day😉)!😛
Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Khizer~

Sherwanis, shararas, etc. came into our fashion scene from the outside. But, now that they are integrated, we dont see anything wrong with them! All these clothes come under "traditional" category. Why are western fashions then seen as an element which leads to "loss"?

They are seen as a lost because we are borrowing from another culture. Western culture's. If you borrow from another culture it means something of your own culture doesn't satisfy you.

That satisfaction drives you gradually away from your culture. [/quote]

But, we have always been borrowing from other cultures! Be it Central Asia or the West or the Far East!

Yes, Judaism, Christianity and Islam have all originated from one patriarch called Abraham (Ibrahim). Inherently their religious theories are the same.

By that logic, a Muslim in India has the same "Universal values" as a Christian in the US.

So what is the difference between Western values and Eastern values? Where is the "loss" that you are talking about?

~Khizer~ thumbnail

On an ending note,

Embracing western culture is making us loose our own rich heritage and culture.

We are adapting new customs and adapting new things from the west which intregue us but we do not notice we loose our culture in the process. If you try to adapt or learn and practice the ways of another culture you will definitely loose your own. No two culture's are the exact same and so if you fully adapt another one, there is no way for you to remember your original one.

Embracing western culture is making us forget our own. Not because of the clothes, not because of the gadgets, but rather because of the new dialects and customs we are adapting from it.

Just by praying or doing your religous prayers doesn't mean you remember your heritage and culture. The values of your origin also play a big role. Not just religion. When you adapt another culture you adapt its values and forget your own.

Regards,

Bunty 

~Khizer~ thumbnail
Morgoth thumbnail

[quote=]

Lack of time nowadays is NOT an excuse BUT a reality. And if it wasn't i would not have said that. Even if you are trying to use a small Kameez insead of suit even then you are sticking to our culture, our multi-shaded culture as Kameez (Whether small or loose or big) it is kameez after all. I repeat myself, PRacticality and Time saving are the top priorities now. If the purpose of a person to wear a casual or formal dress at work, they will decide on these two parameters whether they come up with jeans or short kameez or for that matter, Suits!

[/quote]

Apne religion, apni family etc ke liye time nikalna padta hai hota kisi ke pas nahi hai!😊 baaki i wont repeat agin nd agin

---

Baaki i m not in mood of reading!😆

you are presenting things based on reasearch & theories and nnto atually wat u blv in! Anyways, was nice debating against you!😊

That is an assumption on your part. But, Maryam never said that she doesn't believe in these theories. 😊