Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MNMS thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Me turning alien due to this constant green colour!!😆

Originally posted by: gk_09

Its not about the pair of jeans Eisha. Its about the other clothing. I agree myself tha jeans in a pratical piece of clothing but what about the other clothing. If you go into a mall, into the girls section all you can find is short tops, halter tops, mini skirts etc. Have you ever found full length clothing.

Shops and  Garment companies keep in mind all kind of customers from tank top wearers to kurta wearers.. If you go to a South Asian Clothes oriented shop you will see majority of traditional, full length and fusion clothing..if you visit a shop targetted at western customers..you will definately find all the type of garments you mentioned!

And by the way south asian clothing is not always a "Full lenght clothing" ..The traditional female clothes of Rajisthan may contain a belly baring blouse...

I dont wear short clothing, I myself have to go to the ladies section and find a large and wear that. About the guyz, its the opposite, you'll never find a pair of jeans or a short that isnt twice your size. You'll never find a just the right size.

The shops are responsible for such mishaps or size finding problems, We aren't!!😆

Currently in Canada, South Asian clothing is popular. White, black, chinese, you name it they wear it. So, why are we being afraid of wearing such things. Kurta's are also new in fashion here. I see everyone wear why not us, south asian people.Is there anything wrong with it if other people wear why cant you wear.   Why are they still wearing baggy clothing when the rest of the province is wearing your culture clothing.

South Asians introduced this, and south Asians (including me) are wearing kurtas on media, on streets, in house, in parties, nearly every where!! Normal people from normal social class are wearing kurtas at every place possible!!

Morgoth thumbnail

Black again

Edited by T. - 17 years ago
Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: gk_09

Its not about the pair of jeans Eisha. Its about the other clothing. I agree myself tha jeans in a pratical piece of clothing but what about the other clothing. If you go into a mall, into the girls section all you can find is short tops, halter tops, mini skirts etc. Have you ever found full length clothing. I dont wear short clothing, I myself have to go to the ladies section and find a large and wear that. About the guyz, its the opposite, you'll never find a pair of jeans or a short that isnt twice your size. You'll never find a just the right size. [/quote]

We are reverting back to ancient times where skimpy clothing was fashionable due to climatic condition. 😛 Also, I've never had a problem finding full length clothing - even in the most modern malls. It depends on where you shop. 😊

[quote=]Currently in Canada, South Asian clothing is popular. White, black, chinese, you name it they wear it. So, why are we being afraid of wearing such things. Kurta's are also new in fashion here. I see everyone wear why not us, south asian people. Is there anything wrong with it if other people wear why cant you wear. Why are they still wearing baggy clothing when the rest of the province is wearing your culture clothing.

Oh, we do wear them. I definitely do. 😊 And I also see plenty of South Asian girls wearing Kurtis where I live.

Morgoth thumbnail
Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: heart girl

Also, to our opposing team I would like to highlight that the questions is that it is "making us loose" it's not saying we have lost it already!

And we have also repeatedly stated that evolution does not equate to "loss" of culture or "losing" culture. 😛

heart girl thumbnail
Ok sir! mine is blue!!

will reply to everything soon jst chillaxing rite now!! which is good while debating! 😆
~Khizer~ thumbnail

Sorry people I was gone for a while! IMP stuff!

I'm back now and ready to debate!

My color is red then.😳

~Khizer~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: T.

And we have also repeatedly stated that evolution does not equate to "loss" of culture or "losing" culture. 😛

Evolution is a change. A change in lifestyle. A change to ones way of living per se.

If you change. Your thinking changes as well and so do the values you hold.

How can one evolve and not their thinking? How can they evolve without change? Evolution is change. They evolve and so do their values.

In conclusion, evolution is a loss of culture. A great loss.😛

Regards,

Bunty

~Khizer~ thumbnail

Red - mine

~Khizer~ thumbnail

Red - mine

Originally posted by: T.

Oh, we do wear them. I definitely do. 😊 And I also see plenty of South Asian girls wearing Kurtis where I live.

I agree with Gurprit. Yes you may wear it but a vast majority do not.😛 Most People who have been brought up within an Indian culture who now reside in the west do not wear their traditional clothes because they feel like an outcast. They try to blend into the society and culture.

Some do, which is wonderful! However others tend not to and by trying to blend in with the croud they forget their own culture. They forget who they are and what their values are in the process.