Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ak75 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Cannot imagine. I remember my mom doing all the work even when she was pregnant with my sis.At least now we have the option of buying from outside if I am not well.
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
In our house it's team work.   Touch wood
Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
i really believe in a joint family..i have my grandmother, grandfather, ucle, aunt to look after me and my family along with my parents.. i feel all happiness of the world lands up on my door..we can share our happiness an  sorrows together.. if trusted fully then joint family is not less than your friends circle where u enjoy like always...but one is always happy in a joint family only when all the members in the family are good by nature ..otherwise it will only lead to disturbances in the relations...
KamleeChhori thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Completely agree with visha

I prefer nuclear family as i used to live in a joint family...though we used to enjoy the festivals and all and also work was divided among all the DILs but still there used to be clashes...

Edited by JalebiGirl - 11 years ago
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Nice to see different views on the whole concept ðŸ˜Š
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi,

Joint family for me is heaven. But that need not be the case for all as it depends on the nature of the people who reside in that house. I was born in a joint family and teh love we used to get from all (uncles & aunts) was so great that we never craved for our own parents attention.My parents were in city as my father was working incity and grand parents and uncles were in a village and I lived with them till such time I had to join to the school. But even after that we always used to wait for the holidays, so that we could rush back to our native.

I was so used to joint family that when my parenst thought of my marriage, all I had asked for was a joint family (if not a bigger one) at least with parent in laws. I was / am lucky enough to get into a joint family. PILs, a granny & 4 BILs & a SIL. For sure sasural can't make us forget the maternal home but I was lucky enough to get the same love from all. I lived in that joint family for 7 years and even now miss that. now due to jobs all are away from home but we have made it a practice that all teh festivals and any celebration willbe celebrated @ my inlaws place and with kids and all the 6 familys & cousins (hubby's) we will turn out to atleast 50 people and we enjoy the same.

jaya
VishaD. thumbnail
Jaya, i will say that your really lucky that you got to experience living in a joint family. And if that is not enough, your in laws also treated you well and all of you mix around and being close. Over here at my place, this is rare and i at times also wish if we get to stay together with our cousins ðŸ˜Š

Like what you said, it depends on the people. If they are nice, the concept of a joint family will be really beautiful and if they are not, its going to be a battle daily ðŸ˜•
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Visha_Dhami

Jaya, i will say that your really lucky that you got to experience living in a joint family. And if that is not enough, your in laws also treated you well and all of you mix around and being close. Over here at my place, this is rare and i at times also wish if we get to stay together with our cousins ðŸ˜Š

Like what you said, it depends on the people. If they are nice, the concept of a joint family will be really beautiful and if they are not, its going to be a battle daily ðŸ˜•

Yes, I am really lucky to get such a family.
My sister's is altogether is a different story. Her husband is the only son with 3 sisters and if his sisters comes home means aditional work for my sister. Some times she will not even have time to have her food as there will some other requests from her SILs  / their husbands or children. The worst scenario will be when she comes my mothers place and by chance if any of her SIL plans to visit her place, she will have to rush back.

Jaya
VishaD. thumbnail

Originally posted by: deejagi

Yes, I am really lucky to get such a family.
My sister's is altogether is a different story. Her husband is the only son with 3 sisters and if his sisters comes home means aditional work for my sister. Some times she will not even have time to have her food as there will some other requests from her SILs  / their husbands or children. The worst scenario will be when she comes my mothers place and by chance if any of her SIL plans to visit her place, she will have to rush back.

Jaya

Uff, same situation as my mum. So i totally understand the situation ðŸ¤”
starsanjana thumbnail
great replies guys...there are advantages and disadvantages of both joint family and separated family