Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

honeypriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Dazee

Terrible tragedy in Boston a few hours ago.  Two blasts at the Marathon finish line and 3 dead, over a 100 injured.  A third bast at the Kennedy library.  Nerves rattled all around.  Praying that there are no more casualties and no more echos of this event in other places.

So very sad and cruel...

from wat I read, library one is not seperate blast --  but the effect of the second one was so huge that it rattled the windows of the library...

watevr it is -- very tragic indeed !!!
--Nishita-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Terrible tragedy in Boston a few hours ago.  Two blasts at the Marathon finish line and 3 dead, over a 100 injured.  A third bast at the Kennedy library.  Nerves rattled all around.  Praying that there are no more casualties and no more echos of this event in other places.

So very sad and cruel...

Just read about this in the paper now...very tragic. Dont know when there will be peace in this world.
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

So very sad and cruel...

Yes it was terrible reading about the tragedy. Hope they are no more casualties. The pictures are so shocking. I thought the security would be tight for these kind of events don't know how they missed out. Just hoping things like this don't happen again
-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

So very sad and cruel...

i dont know what sick mentality the people, who do these kind of sick attacks on innocents, .have...just inhuman!
Dazee thumbnail

Yes, there's confusion about the third blast.  Some of my friends from Boston said it was a blast; others are saying no...

Sends shivers down my spine...remembering all the times I've gone out to watch the Marathon with friends...Boston was home for many years... and this struck at the heart of town.

It feels like how it must have felt in India after the many blasts that we've had there, and in so many places (unfortunately).  A sense of siege..
Edited by Dazee - 11 years ago
honeypriya thumbnail

Yes, there's confusion about the third blast.  Some of my friends from Boston said it was a blast; others are saying no...

Sends shivers down my spine...remembering all the times I've gone out to watch the Marathon with friends...Boston was home for many years... and this struck at the heart of town.

It feels like how it must have felt in India after the many blasts that we've had there, and in so many places (unfortunately).  A sense of siege..

alarmingly in India -- with the frequency and density of such tragedies due to bombings -- ppl have become attuned and compromising to such events ...

so I guess for us the shock value has gone down so less - its an everyday business -- will be headlines for one day and then people are off to their routine lives...

politics or human nature to blame -- watsoever -- the situation is so different in the sub-continent now !!!
honeypriya thumbnail

hmmm...strange -- Shehnaaz says abt MAMR -- "should be out end of the year" !!!!

Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: honeypriya

alarmingly in India -- with the frequency and density of such tragedies due to bombings -- ppl have become attuned and compromising to such events ...

so I guess for us the shock value has gone down so less - its an everyday business -- will be headlines for one day and then people are off to their routine lives...

politics or human nature to blame -- watsoever -- the situation is so different in the sub-continent now !!!

I will have to agree with you at this point Priya. It is sad but our skin has become thick .. we just hear the news, feel bad and move on. People are being killed here everyday .. just like that ..
Edited by Omoraboti - 11 years ago
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: honeypriya

hmmm...strange -- Shehnaaz says abt MAMR -- "should be out end of the year" !!!!

😭😭😭
honeypriya thumbnail
tragic - among the 3 killed -- an 8 yr old killed who was running the marathon for the Sandy Hooks massacre...