Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Vishal in Twinkle Beauty Parlour

Vishal Watwani who plays Ronnie in Virasat is the new entrant on SAB's Twinkle Beauty Parlour . He plays Shakti who has flown in from the USA in search of a young bride. The actor who will woo Dimple Inamdar in the show hopes to make a strong impact with this new project. In any case as Ronnie, Vishal is playing a baddie to the hilt. This week he is all set to demean Priyanka by inviting her under false pretext to his lake house. He is trying his best to break her marriage with Rahul.

shruti thumbnail

Tribal future: Producer Shrishti Arya ( 'Twinkle Beauty Parlour') predicts that women will continue to rule the airwaves in the near future. "There has been a change in programming and TV is a lucrative career option. In the days to come, with the introduction of DTH (direct to home), the demographics of viewership will become clearer. This will help to enhance variety in programming and there will be several options to choose from. But family dramas will continue to be popular." -Nuzhat Aziz

shruti thumbnail
Pracheen joins the Twinkle...gang!

Pracheen Chauhan, who plays Antariksh in Zee's Sinndoor is all set for another daily! The actor will soon be seen in Sab TV's Twinkle Beauty Parlour, which has lately gone in for a major revamp. The actor starts shooting from today (2 August).

"I never got the opportunity to sign a daily!"- Pracheen Chauhan

Shrishti Behl, the producer of the show confirms, "Yes, Pracheen has been zeroed in as one of the leads." She is very kicked about the show and happy the way it has shaped up.

Pracheen who finds it very difficult to juggle between two dailies was reluctant about signing on a new show, but luckily his dates worked out with Twinkle.. "I never got the opportunity to sign a new show, as my dates always clashed. But this time it worked out," says Pracheen. About his character on the show, he adds, "I don't have a fair idea as to what my character sketch is. I will soon have a discussion with my directors." Pracheen is paired opposite Chavvi Mittal, who was last seen in Zee's Tumhari Disha.

Twinkle.... has been in news for quite sometime; first for its unusual promotional campaign and later for showing it's actors the exit door. So does Pracheen have any insecurities? "Well, I believe that the relationship between the channel or producer with the actors is always different. I really don't know what happened with the earlier lot on the show. So, I have no insecurities; I am ready for everything!" asserts the actor.

Other than the new show, Pracheen is very happy the way Sinndoor is coming along. "The show is settled now. It has has completed 360 episodes, which is great."

Along with his professional life, his love life is booming too! The actor who is dating Monaaz says, "Both of us are doing great, though marriage is not on the cards as yet!"

Twinkle... as of now has nailed down on Chavvi Mittal, Dimple Innamdar, Sakshi Talwar, Seema and Pracheen. Let's see who else is all game for a risk!

shruti thumbnail
Twinkle... ropes in Karan Mehra

After doing a balle balle in Shanno ki Shaadi, Karan Mehra is all set to do yo yo on Sab TV's Twinkle Beauty Parlour.

" I have a look which is modern, rugged and very happening."

Karan has been roped in to play the role of Rocky, a DJ in a fancy club. Rocky is a hunk whose attitude and looks make girls go weak in their knees. Initially the character takes off on a positive note but as the serial progresses it will develop shades of grey.

"I play a cool dude, who has a rather care a damm attitude in life. My look will be modern, rugged and very happening. Even the entry promises to be quite dramatic. Due to some short circuit , there is no electricity in the parlour, it's then that Rocky enters the parlour. Since I live in their neighbourhood, Fatima bi (Sulabha Arya) asks me to help them to restore the electricity," says Karan.

He further continues "As soon as the parlour girl see me they are left gasping for breath, for they find me very handsome and charming. Along with the girls even Fatima bi considers me to be very cute and helpful. Although Rocky does help them around, but he has an attitude in life which makes sure that he is not to be taken for granted.

Shrishti Behl, the producer of the show confirms that Karan has been roped in. "We recently introduced Pracheen as Chavvi's husband, now the character of Rocky will render a love triangle between Sakshi Talwar and Seema. Rocky's presence will actually test the friendship shared between Sakshi Talwar and Seema. Rocky although arrogant and very brash but will strike a chord with the viewers."

Recalling his Remix days, Karan says, " It's a rather overwhelming feeling to be a part of the production team which gave me my first break. I have worked with the production house before as Aditya in Remix. I had a blast then so it's certainly going to be all the more interesting."

So, watch out for Karan's entry on the show this coming week. And who will win Rocky's attention, Seema or Sakshi? Watch this space for more.

shruti thumbnail
  Loin Talk

'Lust is the animal in me!'
'Where I'd ask a girl out depends on where I meet her and how lustful I feel towards her!'
</>

On your sex appeal
I think I'll play safe by saying that it's my eyes. Girls like it probably because of the naughtiness in it. It's also my lips, they tell me. It's quite luscious and juicy (laughs). I'm also told that I look charming when I smile. I guess that adds to my sex appeal.

How girls react to you
I'm not a very good looking guy so they don't react at all. I'm the one who's reacting to all the time (laughs). I'm 5'10" but not the muscular sort. But it's definitely the 'brains over brawns' with me. Like I told you, I'm more of the charmer and sweet-talker variety, not the head-turner sort. So girls get hooked on to me once I get talking to them (laughs).

Your first date
It was in class eight. She was a year junior to me. We went for a movie. Nothing major happened except that even a brushing of our fingers while passing the popcorn to each other felt very nice (laughs).

Your first crush
I was in class one. I was a very naughty kid. There was a girl in the neighbouring class on whom I had a big crush. One of my teachers had this habit of punishing kids who were naughty in her class by taking them to her next class. There one had to hold one's ears and kneel down. It so happened that her next class would be in the same as the one in which my crush was. So I made it a point to be naughty in the teacher's class so that I could be with my crush in a way (laughs).

Your most cherished compliment
My girlfriend once told me that I'm a real charmer.

Your wildest compliment
A girlfriend told me, 'I like the animal in you!' Now don't expect me to elaborate on this (laughs).

Love & romance...
I'm a very boring person but for me love is something very strong and mature. It does not come happen with the first look. It's a baby that you have to nourish well. I've been seeing my girl for almost six years now so our baby is almost in college now (laughs). I don't think I'm the very romantic sort but I'm reasonably romantic. Even sitting and chatting on the beach or going for long drives with my girl is romantic for me. Togetherness anywhere is romantic for me.

Lust...
Lust is the animal in me! (Laughs). It's the opposite of love and is very short-lived. It could also be the beginning of a relationship but it should definitely be a part of every relationship.

On a nudist beach
I'd probably roam around with nude females all around me. I'd love to go on a real nudist beach. The nude beaches in Goa get boring after a while. But it's embarrassing for a guy to roam around nude on a nude beach. But it would be even more embarrassing for him to wear something on a nude beach. It'd look like he's got something to hide (laughs).

What if a girl made a pass at you?
It happened once when I was with my family in Dubai. A girl swooshed past my butt. I couldn't turn around immediately but when I did later, I was shocked to see a big black woman trying to make a pass at every man there (laughs).

Would you ask a girl out if you liked her but didn't know her well?
I'd ask her, 'Your house or mine?' (Laughs) It depends on where I meet her and how lustful I feel towards her. If I were to imagine this situation then it would be me offering her a drink at the club.

What if you fell short of money on a date?
Obviously I'd flash my credit card (laughs).

Your dream date
It's yet to come. Probably it would be on a nude beach.

Would you dress to impress a girl?
I'm very confused when I have to go out. So I play safe and wear black. My wardrobe is full of black and white clothes. So I'd wear dark blue denims with a black designer shirt, good shoes and spray good perfume. My brains will do the rest (laughs).

Flirtations...
I flirt with my eyes. The look in my eyes tells a girl that I'm hitting on her. Otherwise I start praising her in front of everybody. If that's flirting then I guess it's okay. But I know how to maintain my distance if I want to.

Marriage...
I was very scared of marriage earlier but now I think it's time I got married. First I have to buy a house. But honestly I'm still scared of it. I want to feel completely secure and be mentally prepared for it.

What if your girl caught you with your pants down?
You won't hear from me after that (laughs). I don't think that will happen. Healthy flirting is okay but I'm not an infidel. I'm a very content person that way.

Your wildest bedroom fantasy
Instead of a bedroom, can it be a large bathtub with warm chocolate! (Laughs).

Are women a necessary evil?
They are necessary but not evil. A man needs a girl more than a girl needs a man!

KARAN MEHRA is happy with his role in Sati and is a new entrant in Shanno Ki Shaadi!

shruti thumbnail

Karan leaps from desi boy image to cool dude

Karan Mehra, better known as the  desi Punjabi dude in Shanno ki Shaadi which is aired on Star Plus, is going in for an image makeover. He will be seen next as a suave disc jockey in Star One's popular soap Twinkle Beauty Parlour. He has the rather predictable name Rocky, and is the typical charmer. He is good looking and knows it.

Complemented with great clothes and his flair for understanding music, the girls will be swooning over him. The knight in shining armour will present his services when a fuse needs to be repaired, making him the darling of residents in the building. True to his carefree, stylish image, Rocky will naturally be involved in many affairs. Karan, who is a favourite with teens is the star attractions in Saath Rahega Always and Sati.

Karan says that he is having a great time these days. "Twinkle has the same sets as Remix," he explains adding, "I have most fond memories of that serial. Also it's produced by the same production house, Role Productions, so my comfort levels are already set."

shruti thumbnail

By qualification he is a doctor in ayurvedic medicine. But besides being a doctor Vishal Watvani has done many things in a span of just six years. He was an assistant director to Ramesh Sippy for Gatha, has been a radio jockey with All India Radio and VJ for Zee Music and done writing for B4U movie channel before he finally opted for acting on television. The young and good-looking actor who has done quite a few serials is really on the roll doing three shows that include two dailies and a weekly – Viraasat, Twinkle Beauty Parlour and Vaidehi. But ask him whether he is an actor by choice and he says he would have loved to be a writer.

"Unfortunately a writer is lowly paid and a lowly regarded unsung hero," regrets Vishal who wrote some quite serious stuff for B4U Movies. "I wrote for non-fiction shows on films that were quite serious and dealt with a particular era or generation. They were mostly research-based shows and I put in lot of efforts. But the payment was abysmal." That's precisely the reason why Vishal opted for acting. "There is lot of money here," he laughs, "besides popularity though not as much creativity as in writing."

Regret apart, Vishal has come to terms with the state of affair. "Go with the flow and make most of it till the sun shines," he laughs. And surely he is making most of in terms of money and popularity as well as putting in his best efforts in the roles he is doing. The Ronnie of Viraasat who works for the Lambas is a pawn between the age-old rivalry between the Lambas and Kharbandas as Ronnie is used by Rishab Lamba to create a rift between Rahul and Priyanka.

"Ronnie had an affair with Priyanka (Sangeeta Ghosh) in college and he can't bear to see her married to Rahul. Thus Rishab uses him as a ploy to create trouble in Rahul and Priyanka's marriage. He enters into the plot but ends up as a failure. He also fails in his love life with Juhi (Kanika Maheshwari)," elaborates Vishal who plays a failure in Twinkle Beauty Parlour as well.

"I play a well-educated son of a upper middle class family where marriage can't happen without a dowry. He falls in love with Shweta (Dimple Inamdar) and after a brief affair they get married. But that's the end of peace in his life as Shweta becomes the main target of my family forcing me to vanish from their lives," says Vishal who also has an interesting role in Vaidehi where he plays Sameer who had an illicit affair with Janki, Aryan Jaisingh's first wife. "The child that is shown in the family was born out of that illicit liaison," he adds. "Sameer's entry will happen in coming episodes."

Among the three serials, his favourite is Viraasat because the story is good, it has very good treatment and the dialogues are great. "Good writing is very much visible there. Besides the role is also very good," gushes Vishal who has done Balaji's Kkusum and Kesar besides a host of other serials like Kamini Damini, Kabhi Aaye Na Judai and Yehi To Hai Woh.

Vishal left direction because it was too technical and quit writing because it was not paying. Though he finds acting more paying but less satisfying Vishal says things are progressing well and he is looking for good times as well as working with Balaji again. "Something definite is in the offing," he assures.

shruti thumbnail

Twinkle Beauty Parlour, the serial on Sab Sony, which underwent a complete transformation by changing not only its storyline, but also its original cast is out to surprise its viewers once again. Rumour has it that the channel has decided to end the show because of the lukewarm response it has been receiving from audiences.

When contacted, the cast and crew of the show decided to maintain a stoic silence over the whole issue. But after repeated attempts, we managed to reach Shristi Arya, the producer of the show. "I can't say much about this as things are not in my hands. It's up to the channel to decide what they want to do with the show," was her vague reply. Looks like the original lead Narayani Shastri and other actors who were unceremoniously dumped by the serial will be having the last laugh after all.