ARTICLES ARCHIVES-NO COMMENTS

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Aditi Pratap bags Twinkle Beauty Parlour, Risshton Ki Dorr

Aditi Pratap is on cloud nine! The actor has just bagged two new shows - Twinkle Beauty Parlour and Risshton Ki Dorr. In both the shows, Aditi will play important characters central to the plot.

Aditi Pratap: busybody!

"In Twinkle...I play an army officer's wife who is from a small town. Her life is closely linked with Ranjana (Narayani Shastri). She will be part of the mystery and when her story is revealed, the show will see a thrilling twist," says an excited Aditi, refusing to divulge the name of her character.

Aditi's charcater will be seen on air from 29 May. The character will start off as a cameo, but it might end up being a full fledged character later on.

In Risshton..., Aditi will play Simran, an art director, who will be part of Anjuu Mahendroo and Raza Murad's family. " I have a very interesting charcater in the show. It has very nice shades and will be on air from the tenth episode,"says the actor.

Other than these two shows, the actor is also part of a very successful Zee show - Saat Phere. Ask her about that and the lady is all excited,"It is a big hit and I am so happy to be part of the show. It's very real and the best part is that it's well written!The team is great and deals with real issues...that's what makes it special,"says Aditi.

With three dailies already in her kitty, the lady is all set to take take on anither daily! "I want to work for 25-30 days a month! I can't sit at home!" sighs Aditi.

Way to go, girl!

Courtesy:anishma24

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Twinkle Beauty Parlour gets a revamp!

One has heard of shows going in for a revamp after a year or two , but then what's with Sab TV's Twinkle Beauty Parlour?Just after a month and a half after its launch, the show is being revamped already. And surprisingly the primetime show Twinkle..which was launched with much fanfare to replace MaahiVe, was in news not just for its unusual star cast but also for its offbeat storyline. Not just this

The starcast at the launch of Twinkle...

but as sources reveal the channel had gone ahead to promote the show with a huge 5 crores spent on the publicity of the show. But, the channel is now readying to get a new star cast and shift the focus from the lives of the middle class women in the downtown housing locality (Lajpat Nagar in Delhi) and focus only on the parlour and the new people in the show.

The old star cast is obviously very hurt. Rajev Paul who plays Smita's husband in the show thinks that the channel has been unprofessional and unethical. He said, "It's unfortunate but true that we had to leave the show and it's the channels decision but I am extremely hurt, though the show has been a learning experience for us. We were not told about the decision in advance and day before yesterday Smita and myself got a shock when we got our scenes which read that we had to leave for London. "

We found out that the entire cast and crew is reeling under the shock and is clueless.A rather furious Rajev said, "If the actors had walked out of a show, the channel would've sued the actors. I wish the channel had been more responsible and were courteous enough to give us a notice about the same in advance. Considering the show was going great guns and we have been getting a

tremendous response for the show, it simply reflects badly on the channel. Also, I took up the role as Shrishti is a dear friend of mine and I am sure she tried her best to retain us. I was happy to be a part of Twinkle... and its given me a standing in the market and I will always be there for Shrishti no matter what," points out Rajev Paul who declined a couple of offers before taking up Twinkle.

On a rather diplomatic role, Smita Bansal who plays a housewife in the serial

said, "It was the channels call and they wanted the entire cast to be changed. So, probably the show will be revamped and will go ahead with a different concept." Though people close to the actress told us that she too has been rather furious about the whole episode but then continued to say, 'It doesn't matter as these days alterations are common in every show besides I had a lovely experience shooting with the unit."

Simple Kaul who's currently shooting in Malaysia was told about the same by colleagues Maninee and Smita besides she also received a message from the production house.For now only Narayani is being retained while there's no clarity about the other characters played by Smita Bansal, Rajev Paul, Maninee Mishra and Simple Kaul.

When we queried the channel about the current revamp of Twinkle, Sab TV programming head, Priya Mishra had a different side to the story, "We are taking the story in a different direction and the focus has changed on the parlour and it won't be about the people in the parlour. We have retained everyone in the show and they will be revived back later in the show and this is the advantage of television. It's just that we have shifted the focus and if the actors think they are out of the show then they are simply not getting the point."

The channel is now in the process of finalising a fresh cast and the channel is rumoured to change into a younger profile soon with the launch of a few more shows.

Sab senior vice president and business head Vikas Bahl gave a totally different side to the story. He said, " We have a huge twist planned for the show. The parlour will be the centre stage and the other characters will keep fading in and fading out of the show besides we will have new characters coming in and we have planned this with the launch of our new show Left Right Left on 10 July."

But doesn't one see such changes in shows after a long period of time? To which he said, "Some of the characters might come back and some might not which will hurt the actors and the new ones will take precedence over the old characters and we have to keep giving such twists to keep the show fresh and give it a new flavour,"said Bahl.
While producer Shrishti Behl and directors Tamara Ranganathan and Swapna Waghmare Joshi were unavailable for comments. We only hope that the new star cast comes in with a longer expiry date...

shruti thumbnail
Twinkle Beauty Parlour - Not quite there, but on its way

If I were to give an one line verdict on Twinkle Beauty Parlour, then I would say - 'Not quite there, but on its way!

Narayani Shastri: mystery cloaks her every move

' What I mean is that when it started out last week, I thought my favourite producer was going wrong somewhere....but as the show entered it's second week, there were clear indications that Shrishti Arya had tightened her reins. But despite this, the show has a long way to go but to give the director and producer credit - it's difficult to transform actors who are used to melodrama into artistes who can enact a situation without twitching their eyebrows!

TBP has a great theme, a never been done before story and artistes who have seldom been pitched against each other - all these originals give this show an edge to start with. Shrishti has surprised her critics and fans alike by casting 'mainstream leading ladies' as main protagonists and this again is a first for her. These 'mainstream leading ladies' are actors who are used to working within certain given parameters and TBP is not the run of the mill saas-bahu show, thus the stiffness, the stilted dialogue delievery and the odd body language to begin with. This is something that needs work on but the actors are looking and sounding more realistic as time passes by.

Sulbha Arya:extremely lovable

The show itself has a very irregular setup - based in Delhi with dysfunctional families, relationships that are still in the realm of the unexplored and characters that are not black or white, but grey. The city itself becomes the backdrop for the show and it's nuances have been intricately woven into the matrix - for example the middle class junta who want to climb up the social ladder, the wannabes who want to look good, (even if their accent is an instant give away to their middleclass upbringing) and the mothers whose only aim in life is to see their daughters married.

The beauty parlour stands tall amidst these diverse people- it's symbolic of what we can be, with the help of a little help; Narayani Shastri as Ranjana who is the proprietress of this enterprise looks a little out of place in her skirt teamed with back and shoulder revealing tops (more so in Delhi! The newsapers abound with such scary stories that it's difficult for me to imagine that any girl in that city still wears such outfits!), her skills as an actor too looked questionable in the beginning, but she has shown signs of emerging out of her shell and the mystery surrounding her like a cloak has just added to her appeal.

Smita Bansal: ill at ease with grown children

The one character that really made an impression from the word go is Sulbha Arya and there should not be any surprises there - she is naughty, she is talkative, she's inquisitive and she's affectionate, a spledid combination!

Maninee is yet to come out of her Pari image although she is trying her very best to adapt a serious and stern look. But frankly the effort is showing on screen and that does not bode well for the show. Smita Bansal and Rajev Paul look ill at ease with kids who are old enough to be their siblings, but somehow Smita's character (not her look) talks and feels like some aunt we know...there's something in the way that the role has been etched out that she is very endearing.

Maninee De: trying hard to be stern

The canvas of TBP is huge! There are different tracks running simultaneously and each one is central to the theme - it's a humungous task to keep the tracks going at a good pace and at the same time manage to keep the main story in perspective. The show has a very colourful palate...sometimes there is just too much colour.

The title track is good...one of the better ones that I have seen in recent times....but quite frankly, after the title song of Remix...the production house has another hit on their hands.

All in all, TBP is watchable because it's got the perfect mix of drama, humour and mystery - and as it usually is with all Shrishti shows, you either like it, or you don't, but you can't ignore it!

shruti thumbnail

SAB's 'Twinkle Beauty Parlour' to light up TV screens soon

The competition in the prime-time slots on GECs has become more interesting than the serials themselves! The latest to join the race is SAB TV's 'Twinkle Beauty Parlour', which has already left the masses intrigued with its teaser campaigns.

'Twinkle Beauty Parlour' will be aired 9pm, Mondays to Thursdays, replacing 'Maahi Ve'. It is a serial about four women and their personal lives. The four are a house wife, an aspiring model, an aspiring professional and the owner of the parlour and all of them hail from middle-class backgrounds.

That doesn't sound like a run of the mill 'saas-bahu' or 'boy meets girl, falls in love' story, does it? But how different is it really?

"The story is very realistic. Some dark incidents, some nice and some funny. There is no deliberate attempt at creating humour or drama. It is the very relatable content that will attract the masses and cut ice for sure," says a confident Vikas Bahl, vice-president, content and communications, SAB TV. 'Twinkle Beauty Parlour' will mark SAB's first big launch nationally.

The marketing promotions for the programme were striking in terms of the visibility and curiosity they attained and aroused. The promos were divided into three phases and spread over four-five weeks. First, when the name 'Twinkle Beauty Parlour' was introduced in every 'gali' to make it a household name. Second, when women with moustaches were placed on hoardings across towns to welcome 'Twinkle Beauty Parlour', and lastly, the launch of the parlour, which will be held on May 12.

Will SAB tie up with beauty salons in future as part of their promotions? Well, SAB kuch ho sakta hai

shruti thumbnail

Narayani's gharwaapsi

Ghar aayaa mera pardesi

By: Tushar Joshi

If there's one show that Narayani Shastri is proud to be associated with, it's Piya Ka Ghar. Even though the drama on Zee went off air months ago, Narayani is still emotionally attached to it.
So when the actress got an offer to work with her former director Chander Bahl of PKG, she jumped on the opportunity. "I am doing a new show on DD1 titled Sanskar produced by Time and directed by Chander. He has been the best director I have worked with and we share a really good rapport."
Shastri will also be seen with her former PKG co-actor Alok Nath. "In the future, we may have some of our other cast members also join us on the show. I am also looking forward to working with Kabir Sadanand, who is cast opposite me. We have worked together before, so it will be fun to get back with him"

Parlour band hai
Narayani, who was recently seen in SAB's Twinkle Beauty Parlour, refuses to discuss what went wrong with the show. "I really don't want to create any more problems for me or anybody else."
But isn't it true that she has decided to part ways with the show? "Yes, I have decided to drop out of Twinkle. We had issues over dates. They wanted a certain amount of days and I could not provide it to them. The parting was very amicable."
Shrishti Arya, the producer of Twinkle Beauty Parlour, says she has no issues with Narayani quitting. "She couldn't give us the dates so we decided to part"

shruti thumbnail

I have no problems with Manini:Narayani Shastri

The serial Twinkle Beauty Parlour is going to have a new look.The lead actress Narayani Shastri is leaving the serial.
"I don't have any problem with the team.I left it because I was asked to give 25 days for shooting.But I can't work more than 12 days a month.I feel bad for my co-stars as they are put out of the show.We were not informed about this before.Suddenly one day they gave the script and the changes were pointed out.I had a cute relation with all my co-stars.Smita,especially Manini.I'm very close to her."

But the rumour is that Narayani and Manini can't see each other.But Narayani reacts,
"I've worked with Manini in Piya ka ghar also.We don't have any problems with each other.I don't know where the rumours are coming from".

Narayani is going to be seen in a new show called Sanskar which is like her former soap Piya Ka Ghar which gave importance to culture.

shruti thumbnail

Stars go missing from Twinkle Beauty Parlour

By Hindustan Times
Tuesday July 4, 01:57 AM

It's pandemonium big time inside telly-world's most colourful beauty parlour. The doors of Twinkle Beauty Parlour have been suddenly shut, allegedly by channel SAB, on some of its regular and committed customers (read actors). The tracks or storylines of most of the supporting cast other than lead actress and parlour owner Narayani Shastri have apparently been wound up without any prior notice to the actors.

"I arrived for my shoot for the 30th episode of the serial and suddenly I was told that my track has ended," says a seriously peeved actor Rajeev Paul. A sudden twist in the plot has Paul, who plays a doctor in the serial, migrate straight from Lajpat Nagar (where the show is set) to UK, with his family. And if that wasn't surprising enough, co-actor Smita Bansal learnt about the end of her track only when she got to the end of her lines for the day, while rehearsing. "I was reading my script for the day when I suddenly realised that my track was ending after the day's shoot.

It came as quite a shock to me. I checked with the production house and they said it was true," she says. As Maaninee Mishra, who played a lawyer in Twinkle Beauty Parlour demands to know: "What are my rights as a professional? Am I not entitled to an ethical explanation? Tell me how would these people, who are saying that there is nothing unethical about what they have done, feel if they had to be given a pink slip without any justification?"

Counters Priya Mishra, head of programming, SAB, "We haven't done anything unethical. This is not a routine kitchen saga but amulti-character show where the parlour is the protagonist. Customers keep coming and going and just as in real life, some patrons repeat and some don't, we too are opting for a new set of characters."

Courtesy:primetimee

shruti thumbnail

Twinkle Beauty Parlour: Sneak Preview!

Srabanti Chakrabarti | May 15, 2006 11:42 IST

In the recent past, the controversial and somewhat weird ad campaign has generated a lot of bad publicity. There are photographs of ladies with moustaches going around in search of Twinkle Beauty Parlour, and they do make you feel slightly uneasy.

With the initial hype created, Twinkle Beauty Parlour is set to rock the small screen on SAB. A prime time serial, it is expected to turn the channel's fortunes. Pitched around five lady protagonists, the story deals with the lives and times of these women. Coming from different strata of society, the only common point for them is TBP, where they come to meet friends, chat and also become prettier in the process.

The owner of the parlour – Ranjana (Narayani Shastri) leads a happy life with her threefriends, Ragini (Manini De), Niyati (Smita Bansal) and Sameera (Simple Kaul). While Ragini is a busy lawyer, Niyati is a housewife and Sameera is an unsuccessful model. Fatima Bi (Sulabha Arya), a 55-year old, is the owner of the house where Ranjana had taken refuge and opened her parlour. She is finicky, but also a lot of fun to be with.

TBP is a women's lib delight being an all-woman team – director, producer, five protagonists, programming head and two women writers! Says Priya Mishra, programming head, SAB, "As opposed to other shows in the slot, TBP will be a welcome change. The treatment of the show is completely different from the rest and we have tried to make it thought provoking as well. We are confident this will do well."

Says Manini De, "It is a challenging character and a difficult one to portray. People who are close to me will know how serious I am in real life. When I was offered the role, I grabbed it immediately."

The odd one out among the four protagonists is Smita Bansal, who plays a mother in her late thirties. "When I was offered the role, I was sceptical because it involved playing mother to two grown up college-going kids. I was unsure about whether it would be good for my career." She finally understood the significance of the role though. "It is so nice a serial that the audience will accept it."

The show also has its share of male protagonists – Rajeev Paul, Vikramjeet, Pankkit Thucker and Hasan Zaydi.

Twinkle Beauty Parlour will premiere on May 15, on SAB at 9 pm, and will be telecast Monday through Thursday.

shruti thumbnail
Twinkle Beauty Parlour shows disha to Chavi Mittal

After walking out of Tumhari Disha, Chavi walks into Twinkle Beauty Parlour

By SNEHA HAZARIKA

Chavi Mittal, the actress who created a furore by walking out of the serial Tumhari Disha now steps in the newly revised Twinkle Beauty Parlour on Sab TV. Not so long ago the cast of Twinkle.. made a huge hue and cry when they were shown the door without any notice so that a new cast and story line could be accommodated. Chavi now joins the likes of Dimple Inaamdar, Seema Mishra and Sakshi to form the new group of parlour regulars.

Talking about her role Chavi says, "My character is that of a married woman who doesn't have a steady marriage. This has made her bitter towards the very idea of marriage. But interestingly, she and her husband are still in love with each other. But both of them are just too egoistical to come out in the open and discuss their problems." She further adds that the new story will revolve around new characters and their lives. "The story is going to follow the travails of the new characters from now on and what happens with them at the parlour. Only Fatimabi, the owner of the parlour is around." Apart from Twinkle.. Chavi has her husband's film Kaise Kahoon, produced by Smita Thackrey to look forward too. She has just returned from London where she was shooting for the film. She plays a tarot card reader in the movie. "It was one amazing experiences I had.
I was working with my hubby after almost two years and it was lovely as I always like to work with him," blushes the actress. When asked how she feels about Tumhari Disha, which is shutting shop following her exit, she says, "A show does get affected when the protagonist isn't around. Some decisions are taken keeping the risk factor in mind. Sometimes things click and sometimes they don't. A lot of things are dependent on the luck factor." Chavi isn't just being diplomatic because she is after all joining a serial where the entire cast including it' lead Narayani Shastri has changed.

shruti thumbnail
And then there were none!

Narayani Shastri was the only actor retained in Twinkle Beauty Parlour during the mass sacking. Now she too quits the show...

Reena Thapar Kapoor

The last month has been extremely hectic for Narayani Shastri. The actress was in the news for all the wrong reasons. It started with her turning down Ekta Kapoor's show Thoda Sa Aasman. This was followed by the rather publicised expulsion of the cast from Twinkle Beauty Parlour (TBP). At the time, Narayani was the only actor from the entire unit who wasn't sacked.
"I'm aware of the changes in the story and the star cast of TBP. I think the producer of the show, Shrishti Arya, and the channel took a call. As actors, we only follow their instructions. I was retained in the show, because I played the character who owned the parlour. How could they change that?"
But now it seems that even this fact was worked upon, as last week, Narayani decided to quit TBP. "It wasn't an easy decision. Shrishti has been extremely good to me but I was left with no option," she says. "According to my deal with Rose films for TBP, I was to work with them for 15 days and then if they required me to shoot, I would do the work in shifts. I had worked my dates out this way because I've also committed to doing Times films' first TV show Sanskaar."
Narayani needs to shoot 10 days a month for Sanskaar. "I want the rest of the month for myself. The changes made in TBP made more demands on my time. I was asked to give 20-25 days a month. And it just wasn't working out. I can't favour one show and leave another in the lurch. So I decided to leave TBP," Narayani says.
So, was the parting amiable? "There were no bad feelings on my part. Also, Shrishti must've understood my plight. Honestly, even if I had tried to work out the dates, there would've been arguments between me and other actors in future. At this point, the best alternative was to opt out gracefully," she says. As of now, TBP is starting afresh with Chavvi Mittal replacing Narayani.
Nevertheless, Narayani has another serial to look forward to. "I'm excited about Sanskaar as the Piya Ka Ghar team (in which Narayani acted) is coming back together on the show. Hopefully, we'll be able to re-create the same magic," says Narayani and is keeping her fingers crossed.

< =text/> < src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/>