Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Lot of forum fights. A little perspective please!

Find out where you are on the map (Earth and moon as seen from Saturn on the left and Mercury on the right)

Edited by K.Universe. - 10 years ago
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Lot of forum fights. A little perspective please!

Find out where you are on the map (Earth and moon as seen from Saturn on the left and Mercury on the right)

yeah sure. However the runt looking up an elephant's ass also has perspective. It just happens to be the kind of perspective one might NOT want to have.๐Ÿ˜†

btw, folks should look up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runt 
never knew it was a hindi abuse but maybe they' know better๐Ÿ˜†

talking of moons, here's the dark side of the moon. Wonder if folks can identify themselves there. Heavens knows they should get where no one can see them, present co excluding๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 10 years ago
K.Universe. thumbnail
^^ The only runt I see is Pink Floyd for misusing astronomical phrases. Science should have been off-limits to these punks :)

As for the extraneous stuff: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Closure

As for the real stuff: did you guys let my image sink for at least a minute or two? That was hot off the press from NASA. Stunning, isn't it? I made it my wallpaper. Whenever I feel depressed at office, I intend to look at this image, which is probably throughout the day ๐Ÿ˜†
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

^^ The only runt I see is Pink Floyd for misusing astronomical phrases. Science should have been off-limits to these punks :)

As for the extraneous stuff: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Closure

As for the real stuff: did you guys let my image sink for at least a minute or two? That was hot off the press from NASA. Stunning, isn't it? I made it my wallpaper. Whenever I feel depressed at office, I intend to look at this image, which is probably throughout the day ๐Ÿ˜†

na i couldn't be bothered. Why look at dirty pictures of the moon when you can get there listening to music๐Ÿ˜†

as for depression, what can i say? Get some closure around the fact that some folks might well be cut out for lousy jobs? Did you check out the closure link you posted? ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†
K.Universe. thumbnail
Ah! Here comes the juvenile repartee. Bait someone else, kid. I got to finish working on this cloud based app which sends real time tweets to active traders about the market conditions. If the nitwits don't get their feeds in time, they will start twitting and that isn't going to help my depression.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
K - I'm considering enrolling in this course. What is your opinion?

https://www.coursera.org/course/bigbang
K.Universe. thumbnail
Thanks for the link RTH. Never heard of this site. Looks fantastic! It's online, it's free, it can't get any better than that. I would enroll in all courses, if I have the time. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Some of the courses are probably just videos, and those you could see on YouTube as well.

I am not sure how much value the "Statement of accomplishment" has. Something is better than nothing?
Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

yeah sure. However the runt looking up an elephant's ass also has perspective. It just happens to be the kind of perspective one might NOT want to have.๐Ÿ˜†

btw, folks should look up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runt 
never knew it was a hindi abuse but maybe they' know better๐Ÿ˜†

talking of moons, here's the dark side of the moon. Wonder if folks can identify themselves there. Heavens knows they should get where no one can see them, present co excluding๐Ÿ˜†

Hey ! ..Birdie ...That's a good discussion ..But somehow K's vastness criteria didn't appeal to me either ..Didn't the Positrons lack in number ? Like us good, positive people here ?  which made the Universe so friggin negative...

Now tell me...Like me don't ya too  fear the phonies might make that their best argument to drum up sympathy ? ...๐Ÿ˜†

Vintu...๐Ÿ˜›

Edited by Vintage.Wine - 10 years ago
CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vintage.Wine

Hey ! ..Birdie ...That's a good discussion ..But somehow K's vastness criteria didn't appeal to me either ..Didn't the Positrons lack in number ? Like us good, positive people here ?  which made the Universe so friggin negative...

Now tell me...Like me don't ya too  fear the phonies might make that their best argument to drum up sympathy ? ...๐Ÿ˜†

Vintu...๐Ÿ˜›

hey missed you buddy and totally agree with you. Don't mind our mutual friend. I know he can get cranky at times, especially when we dont like his posts enough.๐Ÿ˜† But he's pretty high caliber otherwise, higher than what passes off for pseudo-lesbo IQs. ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 10 years ago
K.Universe. thumbnail
".Didn't the Positrons lack in number ? Like us good, positive people here ?  which made the Universe so friggin negative"

There is nothing inherently positive or negative about the universe; positive and negative are just arbitrary human assigned signs. We could as well substitute any other binary value there. 1/0, true/false, on/off...

All there is, is attraction or repulsion.