Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashfaque2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: ilovedhanjanird

The irony is they are trying to show how STRONG purvi is , she gave up her life and still breathing, she left her family and then got married to some NRI ..and even her illegitimate child got a name..even more, now she also has a also has a mother ..as Purvi has given her baby to her sister ..

They are trying to show us how Purvi lives for others. Yet, she is always sacrificing and smiling.

But is not this totally unfair.
Ashlaika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: crazy2012

Thank You Ash for this much needed post.bingoπŸ‘β­οΈ.I would also like to share something, my personal opinion though, being totally disconnect from PR..

Yes, you are right that woman should be shown in more differently here. I do feel that now a day, girls have become so strong that they can face any challenge by themselves only.
What I feel in Purvi that she always wants to be so perfect, so good for everyone except herself and for doing that, she does injustice with the persons who are closely related to her. May be she wants to make them happy, but she forgets that by act of doing so, she is indirectly insulting/hurting her well wishers.. We can not make everyone happy or satisfied, so we must not try to do so..

Secondly, I feel as this show telecast in the prime time on national television, BT which is one of the most reputed production house should be bit careful while creating any storyline... It depecits domestic violence, evil things on regular basis. As this is a show loved by International audience as well, this may create a wrong impression about Indian culture and heritage (and trust me , this is my practical evidence gathered from this forum only)..so for GOD's sake, they should show something positivity, goodness as well..

Thirdly, I agree that we get to see women in different shades - some give importance to money, some to love or some to career. So, character like Punni even does exist in our life too. But. I am requesting to BT, we switch on TV after entire day's hectic schedule, so please give us something which really can entertain us true sense.

Thank you Debu.

Nicely written yourself.  Good post! This is right along my line of thinking.

@Bold - Thats exactly it... women are strong and  smart! Women can make ppl happy without insulting and betraying the ppl who love us and whom we love. A little thinking power wont hurt the show or the plot or the ppl. I dont see why a little thinking power cannot be bestowed on these women!
aditty thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Brilliant post Ashlaika!! You couldn't have written truer lines!!πŸ‘

Bwoy- PR has turned out to be one disaster and in my view it would be better to end the show now than to continue showing such utter rubbish to viewers!!

Where Ovi and Punni are concerned- at least the CVs have done a good job there by making the characters consistently negative BUT they have totally failed by allowing the wench Ovi to get everything she wants in life so far by whatever negative means possible!! Wow-CVs- what a message you are sending in the name of 'pavitra rishta'- that  a woman can always scheme, plot, con her way through life and she will always get what she wants and will never ever pay for her wrongdoings!! Hats off to you CVs (sarcasm)!!

Now as for Purvi, the new heroine- the CVs have failed miserbly with this character and I don't think that anyone can really connect with this messed-up, hypocritical heroine anymore!! Purvi started out as a strong, independent woman and someone who stands up for right and fights against wrongs BUT just look at what this character has become now- nothing but a big disgrace of a heroine who continues not only to hide her wrongs but she continues to justify them and then turns around to lecture other persons about their wrongdoings!! "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see cearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."( The Bible- Matthew chapter 7 verse 5)

Come on CVs- which decent, responsible woman would be intimate with her love and fiance two days prior to her wedding YET dumps him on the wedding day (for her Aai's and sister's so-called happiness), afterwards finds out that she is pregnant with his child yet hides the fact and emotionally blackmails him to consummate his marriage with his wife whom he does not love; then she lefts town goes to another city, marries a stranger to cover up her unwed pregnancy, returns home under the guise that she's pregnant with her  'deal  husband's' child; continues to hide the truth form her ex-fiance that she's pregnant with his child and to top it all- Purvi, the new heroine-then donates her own flesh and blood and new born baby to her wench sister Ovi- again not revealing the truth of the child's paternity to Arjun her ex-fiance and the father and hiding the fact from both Arjun and Ovi that they have lost their own child!! Now you tell me- can anyone find one decent word to describe such a woman and even moreso, a heroine?? Well -I certainly cannot!! 

I cannot connect with this show anymore-it has lost its esssence and its heart!! There is absolutely nothing in PR now to admire and to emulate from the new heroine 'Purvi' and from the deal marriages of Arjun/Ovi and Onir /Purvi which the CVs are now desperately trying to pass off as 'pavitra rishta' marriages!! What a big joke!!

Now-just when I thought that the CVs couldn't have sunk any further in showing such crap- they have surprised me yet again and have now outdone themselves in stupidity by now trying to force romance and a true relationship bewteen Onir/ Purvi just days after the heroine Purvi giving her baby away!! It is most absurd to show that a woman who have always wanted her child, who married a stranger to give her 'illegitmate' child a name- to just now simply hand hand over the child like some toy and just forget the child's existence and is now ready to romance with her 'deal husband!! This one ceratinly takes the cake!! At least, let the heroine do the right thing CVs- by first admitting her wrongs and correcting them!! BUT no, instead the new heroine Purvi sees no wrong and no injustice being done to her child by depriving the child of the love and nuture of its biological mother when she herself is/was an orphan and further, she sees no wrong in hiding the fact from Arjun that he has fathered a child with her!! Utter stupidity and a most pathetic portrayal of a heroine!! 

I am dying to see how successful this track will be with the Trps audience because Ekta and her CVs have killled a once beautiful show with their own hands!! Wake up Ekta and CVs- you need to redeem your heroine Purvi and and make her confess her wrongs and repent for them; allow her to make things right with Arjun who has been most wronged by her and alllow her to be a mother to her innocent daughter who needs her biological mother's love!! If you continue on this destructive path-  I gauarntee you that PR is going to suffer the same fate as the Titanic!!
Edited by aditty - 11 years ago
tanzeb thumbnail
Wonderful write up and how aptly you described the characters without a biased point of view or one sided bashing of lead characters. πŸ‘
JShiv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ash,Bang onπŸ‘
You said it so beautifully and so correct.
Even i have nothing left to say about PR current state really but will still try
As to Purvi the less said the better i have zero respect and sympathy for her i want her secret to be revealed in public so that people can see how the sanskari preacher is not so sanskari her self. 

This character is everything a woman should not be so i cant see why CV's are glorifying Purvi  antics. Well if they are telling us that blackmail and suicide treats are things one should do when one wants her sister's man then I guess they are letting us know that what Purvi is doing is right also. Money can make people do crazy stuff na, for money PR creatives are ready to show any disgusting story line and then celebrate 1000 episode πŸ˜† after 900 plus was utter BS.πŸ₯³how amazingπŸ˜›

As for Ovi well i still don't like her but i can totally understand her behavior towards Purvi after she found out that Purvi was feeding her child milk. Purvi is the only woman i think will not mind anyone breastfeeding her baby cause she cares about no one all she cares about is hiding her bunch of ugly lies she's being patrolling around with for the past 9 to 10 months. CV's really have to work some kind of magic on this character to make me like her again.

Arjun is the one i really feel for the one mistake he made was loving Purvi and for that he is living a life of misery and to be honest i really don't care if Purvi fall in love with the doc i just want Arjun to find happiness. Purvi can go get prego for the doc and then give him up to Ruchi or whoever wants him and find her self another man to take her prego self in again and carry on the so called sacrificing she loves so much.

Aditty loved your post πŸ‘πŸΌ
You're right there is not one good word to describe Purvi or this so called PR

Edited by jonelle - 11 years ago
ashfaque2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: aditty

Bwoy- PR has turned out to be one disaster and in my view it would be better to end the show now than to continue showing such utter rubbish to viewers!!

Where Ovi and Punni are concerned- at least the CVs have done a good job there by making the characters consistently negative BUT they have totally failed by allowing the wench Ovi to get everything she wants in life so far by whatever negative means possible!! Wow-CVs- what a message you are sending in the name of 'pavitra rishta'- that  a woman can always scheme, plot, con her way through life and she will always get what she wants and will never ever pay for her wrongdoings!! Hats off to you CVs (sarcasm)!!

Now as for Purvi, the new heroine- the CVs have failed miserbly with this character and I don't think that anyone can really connect with this messed-up, hypocritical heroine anymore!! Purvi started out as a strong, independent woman and someone who stands up for right and fights against wrongs BUT just look at what this character has become now- nothing but a big disgrace of a heroine who continues not only to hide her wrongs but she continues to justify them and then turns around to lecture other persons about their wrongdoings!! "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see cearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."( The Bible- Matthew chapter 7 verse 5)

Come on CVs- which decent, responsible woman would be intimate with her love and fiance two days prior to her wedding YET dumps him on the wedding day (for her Aai's and sister's so-called happiness), afterwards finds out that she is pregnant with his child yet hides the fact and emotionally blackmails him to consummate his marriage with his wife whom he does not love; then she lefts town goes to another city, marries a stranger to cover up her unwed pregnancy, returns home under the guise that she's pregnant with her  'deal  husband's' child; continues to hide the truth form her ex-fiance that she's pregnant with his child and to top it all- Purvi, the new heroine-then donates her own flesh and blood and new born baby to her wench sister Ovi- again not revealing the truth of the child's paternity to Arjun her ex-fiance and the father and hiding the fact from both Arjun and Ovi that they have lost their own child!! Now you tell me- can anyone find one decent word to describe such a woman and even moreso, a heroine?? Well -I certainly cannot!! 

I cannot connect with this show anymore-it has lost its esssence and its heart!! There is absolutely nothing in PR now to admire and to emulate from the new heroine 'Purvi' and from the deal marriages of Arjun/Ovi and Onir /Purvi which the CVs are now desperately trying to pass off as 'pavitra rishta' marriages!! What a big joke!!

Now-just when I thought that the CVs couldn't have sunk any further in showing such crap- they have surprised me yet again and have now outdone themselves in stupidity by now trying to force romance and a true relationship bewteen Onir/ Purvi just days after the heroine Purvi giving her baby away!! It is most absurd to show that a woman who have always wanted her child, who married a stranger to give her 'illegitmate' child a name- to just now simply hand hand over the child like some toy and just forget the child's existence and is now ready to romance with her 'deal husband!! This one ceratinly takes the cake!! At least, let the heroine do the right thing CVs- by first admitting her wrongs and correcting them!! BUT no, instead the new heroine Purvi sees no wrong and no injustice being done to her child by depriving the child of the love and nuture of its biological mother when she herself is/was an orphan and further, she sees no wrong in hiding the fact from Arjun that he has fathered a child with her!! Utter stupidity and a most pathetic portrayal of a heroine!! 

I am dying to see how successful this track will be with the Trps audience because Ekta and her CVs have killled a once beautiful show with their own hands!! Wake up Ekta and CVs- you need to redeem your heroine Purvi and and make her confess her wrongs and repent for them; allow her to make things right with Arjun who has been most wronged by her and alllow her to be a mother to her innocent daughter who needs her biological mother's love!! If you continue on this destructive path-  I gauarntee you that PR is going to suffer the same fate as the Titanic!!

Aditty loved your post πŸ‘πŸΌYou're right there is not one good word to describe Purvi present track or this so called PR

Ruchikaarvilove thumbnail
Wooow! πŸ‘ Brilliant Ashlaika! We want our fighter Purvi back! 
Ashlaika thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditty

Aldith, What more can I say. This is a fabulous post and mirrors everything that Im thinking and feeling as well. I dont know why u posted under my thread, when a post like this deserves a thread of its own. Thank you for the message from the bible as well - "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see cearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."( The Bible- Matthew chapter 7 verse 5)

Could not have said anything better myself or anything more. I loved every word u have written and unfortunately, it is nothing less than the truth where these "heroines" are concerned.

You know when u look at the serial in isolation of each episode, one would be able to defend and justify Purvi's actions. But when u state it out clearly and methodologically like you have, you can no longer be blinded to her vices and follies and it would be very hard to justify and forgive such actions. 

Thank you Aldith for such a fab write up as well 😊
peachesnplums thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I have unreserved my comment on page 1 (just quoted Aldith's wonderful post there).

@Ash - Thanks a lot for the thread and the lovely write up πŸ€— 

@Others - thanks for the comments

If we're to talk about this being a reel issue, when this show has made a mockery of every rishta (husband-wife, mother-child, etc.), and also legal, medical, ethical or ritualistic factors, then why this abla naari (helpless and hapless woman, talking about Purvi's pregnancy in Kolkata) problem, this is the only thing they figured they should show close to what might happen?

If we're talking about setting an example for a modern woman, they have too look no further than what women like Gita Hariharan and Vandana Shiva have done --

"In February 1999, the Supreme Court said that both the mother and father of a child would be deemed equals and natural guardians of their minor child under the Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act of 1956.

In effect, the ruling empowered the Indian woman to give her name to her child without any prejudice or shame.

The ruling was borne out of two writ petitions: one filed by novelist Githa Hariharan along with her husband Mohan Rao and the other by biotechnology activist Dr Vandana Shiva."

(Source: rediff.com, 2003 article)
Edited by peachesnplums - 11 years ago
Anweshaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Both the creative head and director are women. But neither do they have creativity nor morality. Expecting anything good out of it will be foolishness..These women needs some lessons.. God knows who will teach them. Whatever they are dishing out is the reflections of their hearts..To further verify please check their tweets..

Miss Ash .. loved your post .. and all others:)