Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.crazzy4arshi. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: arshihydfan

If protecting their work is only motto behind restricting the blogs. Please writers, when you receive request, ask the requester to provide more information, check their FB profiles, when you're satisfied then you can grant the permission. 

This way your work will be protected and genuine readers can read your fiction. 

i agree with that
this is the only solution

serendipitylove thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

If protecting their work is only motto behind restricting the blogs. Please writers, when you receive request, ask the requester to provide more information, check their FB profiles, when you're satisfied then you can grant the permission. 

The main motto definitely is protecting their work...and I don't know on what basis writers choose which new readers to share their work with...
But ur suggestion is really good...I hope writers would consider something of this sort...
.crazzy4arshi. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: serendipitylove

The main motto definitely is protecting their work...and I don't know on what basis writers choose which new readers to share their work with...
But ur suggestion is really good...I hope writers would consider something of this sort...

they generally trust their old readers and friends i think but nonetheless we should respect their descision
Edited by .crazzy4arshi. - 11 years ago
ssyahoo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I'm saddened to hear about another plagiarism case. Why that has become the new trend I am not so sure. Personally I began reading fan fictions late as well so do not have access to restricted blogs. 

I do write my own fan fiction which is on the forum. I do have a blog but it is solely used for mature content and does not relate to plot or storyline. I do give out links to new readers as well, but only after they have commented for a period of time as then somewhat of a trust factor is formed. I do not know what I would do if my story was plagiarized. 

I hope there can be a better way to deal with plagiarism so that everyone can enjoy fan fictions...
Take_That thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yeah plagiarising is really so sad!
I entered the IF FF Section very late too!

I tried contacting few authors asking for links! Some were polite when some others were not!

I am no writer but I completely understand their necessity to protect their work! I would do the same if I was in their shoes too, probably!

So if the writers don't want new readers to join them, there is nothing much a reader can do about it!

There are many other stories on IF... Read them and don't forget to leave your thoughts as comments
Anony_mous thumbnail

Much needed post.

I myself joined India Forums recently, and now can not read some wonderful stories which feature in almost all must read threads, because writers have transferred them to restricted blogs due to plagiarism. It sucks!
blayde thumbnail
This is what I would classify as being stuck between a rock and a hard place for both writers and GENUINE readers, like yourselves. I must admit recently I am going through the same dilemma of who to accept as a new reader and who not. Because there are no strict consequences on IF for persons who plagiarize, it makes writers very wary and we no longer know who to trust. It is very difficult. I wish to give everyone a chance as I truly want to share my work with readers, but every time I accept someone and give them access I know I am also (very unfortunately) increasing my chances of being plagiarized. 

I do thank you for making this post serendipity, as I think a lot more genuine readers need to realize of the real issue at hand. It's not necessarily the writers being mean and not responding, but the true problem is this pink elephant in the room known as plagiarism that many people are ignoring to acknowledge. It is making both writers and true readers suffer. 
Edited by blayde - 11 years ago
AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
I am one of the writers who has shifted to restricted blogs but I can understand and I battle with this issue mentally everyday about innocent readers suffering but honestly when you see your work under someone else's name, something in you snaps. Its like an emotional draining and you feel furious.

Plagiarism and wrongful sharing has happened with my work a number of times making me feel uncomfortable in posting my work on IF and the fact that IF doesnt seem to view the issue seriously makes it worse. If India-Forums took to punishing the offenders more severely than it does and also gave us more security regarding our work by way of methods like NOCOPY I dont think many writers would mind coming back on IF. Its just the fact that they need to respect writers and their work.

But yes, I am sorry for the innocent readers but how can it be helped guys when people among the readers only are responsible for such things?
blayde thumbnail

This is a possible step to put in the process, but unfortunately there are so many other places someone could copy the work onto, not just facebook. ðŸ˜” Writers shouldn't have to go through this whole selection process and true readers shouldn't have to struggle to access their favorite author's work. 
Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
See the thing is, for many writers when their work gets plagiarised by one of the readers it's almost like a breaking of trust - something that can take ages to build up. 
So you restrict your blog to only those you absolutely trust and know would never hurt you in that way and therefore you feel secure to post your work again. 

Also the fact that most readers here remain silent makes it harder for us writers to trust them because we don't know whether they are just reading our story and not commenting because they are shy, or because they are doing it and plagiarising elsewhere. 

Anyway, I understand that as genuine readers it would frustrate you too. 
I guess this plagiarism affects both readers and writers. 

All I can ask of you is to take a stand against plagiarism and not against the writers who restrict their work. 
I ask you to help make this forum safer by reporting the writers who plagiarise, by not commenting on those threads and by constantly helping the writers scout for plagiarised work. 

Thanks,
~K