Plagiarism HURTS Sincere FF Readers! :( Fight it!

serendipitylove thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
😑 Plagiarism hurts...readers too!!

EDIT 1 :
 Join the Initiative Against Plagiarism  (ACTIVE LINK)  -  This is an initiative against plagiarism by AngelTeen and Krani...It aims at making India Forums a safe place to post stories so that authors can freely share and new readers are not restricted...Please check it out and lend your support!!

https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3489808 - Please visit this thread as well...Krani has listed a number of Facebook pages that have members stealing FFs from IF and posting it as their own..Krani's own FFs have been plagiarized...please report the pages through the feedback option on the settings tab and help to end this menace...😑

I just had to make this post to vent out my frustration...😑
I am not an FF writer but I am an avid reader of ipk FFs and I've been combing through most of the FFs in the forum after the show closed down.
It was unfortunate for me that I started reading FFs late.😭 
I first started watching IPK only during the Gupta house track last April...slowly but surely got addicted and before you knew it I joined IF in late June..😳
Initially it was only for spoilers and written updates...but by September I had started getting hooked to the FFs too...
Even now I do not use IF to make buddies or chat...I use it only to follow my favourite FF writers and to catch up on news...
U must be wondering what all this has to do with plagiarism...I am getting there...

The show ended in November leaving us all disheartened and I'm sure atleast some of you like me turned to FFs more strongly...This is where it begins...

I read many many stories in the forum and as I continued I found FFs that were removed from IF..MANY  OF THEM!!!...these FFs had hundreds of likes and pages of comments but they had been removed.
Reason?

Plagiarism...
😑

Some reader had dared to copy the author's work and upload it as their own somewhere else..authors were so hurt they removed their work from IF...started their own private blogs with only their trusted readers.
Where do I figure? Right here...
I requested several authors several times for access to their work but they weren't accepting new readers anymore...And the result is that readers like me suffer only because of the fact that we started reading FFs late...I have lost the chance to read so many highly rated FFs... IT HURTS!

Plagarism hurts even the readers almost as much as the author...We, new readers, are looked upon suspiciously, we are denied access to beautiful pieces of writing simply because of a few very selfish, cruel and unfeeling people... Just today an author whose work i love has had her story plagarized :(

To all FF writers...although I haven't written on Ipkknd, creative writing happens to be my hobby and I've also dealt with plagiarism issues...I understand exactly how you feel...
But try not to punish sincere, honest new readers who are eager to read your work..
If possible do give us a chance πŸ˜’

My request to all FF readers...PLEASE DON'T PLAGIARIZE...you are stealing someone's work... You are committing a punishable crime...you are hurting so many people..innocent readers like me lose out because of plagiarizers... what you sow that you will reap..someday you'll have to deal with the consequences of your actions...
Try writing and posting your own work and you'll know what real satisfaction is..

Now it would be nice if I could hear from u all...😊

Edit 2:
Thank you sooo much to all the writers who have responded to this post...
I can now better und
erstand a writer's predicament when their work is plagiarized...
But I still hope you would give a chance to sincere new readers who've made honest efforts to contact you...
And as a reader I can assure you that I would appreciate your effort and not be a silent one. I would also definitely watch out against my writers' work getting plagiarized and take whatever action I can against it...
EDIT 3
The new rules worked upon by IF against plagiarism are really not satisfying. They just talk of increased warning levels and temporary bans. We need more security on IF. We need the IP addresses of plagiarists banned, a Nocopy code on every page when FFs are posted, sticky posts to publicly shame plagiarists and newbie accounts that are monitored closely. These are the demands of the "Initiative Against Plagiarism" whose link is given above. Join and spam the mods of IF and the FFs page with the demand to make IF safe for all writers and satisfying for sincere readers!!!

Edited by serendipitylove - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Have been through same.. Lost an FF that I was following avid.. People must stop this despicable act!

Originally posted by: Raisin

Have been through same.. Lost an FF that I was following avid.. People must stop this despicable act!

Have you read these posts on IF "Best FFs of ipk", FFs totally worth reading" etc? They give a list of the most rated and recommended FFs...but do u know the sad thing? In many cases the top five would belong to authors who've locked it up in their private blogs inaccessible to readers like us even if we asked 😭
.crazzy4arshi. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
you are absolutely correct
many a times it happens when i search for some best ffs i see that they have either stopped updating, moved to the restricted blog or banned their account.i believe we all can support the writers and avoid plagiarism. i also think that if you are inspired by some thing you should just take it as an inspiration and not just copy it.
and my request to all those who have unknowingly or knowingly copied someone's work please admit it
or things might get worse...

thank you

Originally posted by: .crazzy4arshi.

you are absolutely correct

many a times it happens when i search for some best ffs i see that they have either stopped updating, moved to the restricted blog or banned their account.i believe we all can support the writers and avoid plagiarism. i also think that if you are inspired by some thing you should just take it as an inspiration and not just copy it.
and my request to all those who have unknowingly or knowingly copied someone's work please admit it
or things might get worse...

thank you

In times like this its only readers like us who can take a strong stand against it...
.crazzy4arshi. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: serendipitylove

In times like this its only readers like us who can take a strong stand against it...

ya and i am fully supporting itπŸ‘πŸΌ
fangurrl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
i am facing it
i tried to find some FFs but they are blocked
people should stop plagiarism..
coz of them readers like us suffering

Originally posted by: serendipitylove

Have you read these posts on IF "Best FFs of ipk", FFs totally worth reading" etc? They give a list of the most rated and recommended FFs...but do u know the sad thing? In many cases the top five would belong to authors who've locked it up in their private blogs inaccessible to readers like us even if we asked 😭

No, i'm really very picky in reading FFs and they'll be worth after filtering.. When you cannot read those profound FFs it surely hurts.. But there's also a point when they do that. Thats how I pacify myself..
arshihydfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi 

You've put across thoughts of thousand of FF readers like me very efficiently. πŸ‘

After the end of serial, FF's are the only way to be connected to Sarun and I'm obsessed with them. 

I usually search for FF's to read at weekend, but at the end, the author would've removed the content from forum. When I've  requested writers to give permission for their restricted blogs, there was no reply. 

Most of the IPKKND fiction writers have restricted their blogs and they're very selective to grant the permission. I understand they do not want their stories to be copied. 

But when they get request to grant permission, please for the sake of so many readers like me, who genuinely want to read your fiction not copy them, please be generous and grant permission.  

Originally posted by: tushi0310

i am facing it
i tried to find some FFs but they are blocked
people should stop plagiarism..
coz of them readers like us suffering

Not just that they are blocked...even if you try to contact the authors they don't want you as a reader... :(