Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: pancakes

hey

well from past few months i am thinking about writing an ff that is taken from movie concept
can we do that i mean the main story line but dailoges and scene of our own with some scenes from movie 

Hi!

According to the new rules, you aren't allowed to do that anymore :)

That's right isn't it Angel-jot?
pancakes thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Krani

Hi!

thanks for telling me
i was wondering it from many months thus never wrote it
but no problem will come up something else

..Sugar_ArHi.. thumbnail
Need help ask me.. Even im not a great writer as other
but still u can ask for my help by sending me pm
yaqeen. thumbnail

Hi!

Well.. in this case, I'm writing a FF (Tere Ishq Mein) and the concept is taken from the movie "Barsaat" and the starting is the same where hero and heroine get marry and he leaves on their wedding night and come back after a leap with a girlfriend! But for changing.. my heroine stopped crying and she took revenge from him but un-directly while in the movie, the heroine (Priyanka) stay quite and doesn't really move on. So that means I'm breaking IF Rules by writing this story? ðŸ˜³
yaqeen. thumbnail

How sad. ðŸ˜­ 
Krani thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Alina.

How sad. ðŸ˜­ 

Apparently, according to the new rules of IF doesn't matter how many twists you apply to the plot, you cannot base it on a movie etc. 

@Angel.jot: But this confuses me, because just a few pages ago we were talking about the difference between a plot and concept, and if the writer is adding their own twists to the entire plot and moulding it to their own writing style, how is it plagiarism?
Not only that, but then this makes the entire concept of Fan Fictions wrong because you are technically basing it off a show/book/movie? 
yaqeen. thumbnail

Apparently, according to the new rules of IF doesn't matter how many twists you apply to the plot, you cannot base it on a movie etc. 

@Angel.jot: But this confuses me, because just a few pages ago we were talking about the difference between a plot and concept, and if the writer is adding their own twists to the entire plot and moulding it to their own writing style, how is it plagiarism?
Not only that, but then this makes the entire concept of Fan Fictions wrong because you are technically basing it off a show/book/movie? 

I'm also wondering the same because this is a Fan Fiction Forum and Fan Fictions ARE based on a movie, book or serial! Correct me if I'm wrong..😳 So basically we can take the concept from there but change it adding our twist and turns and no doubt, dialogues and scenes should not be the same except the necessary? 

haminasto thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I also want to know this.
If the FF writer is creating their own concept and the necessity and is not taking the scenes as such but putting the characters in different situations (and has not forgotten the disclaimer) , so how can this be not allowed?
Situations (or plot/concept , im not well versed with the difference) are self made so they are originals and not copy/paste right?

And i agree to Krani's last bit that if this is not allowed then wouldn't FF's become just F's?
Krani thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Alina.

I'm also wondering the same because this is a Fan Fiction Forum and Fan Fictions ARE based on a movie, book or serial! Correct me if I'm wrong..😳 So basically we can take the concept from there but change it adding our twist and turns and no doubt, dialogues and scenes should not be the same except the necessary? 

According to the new rules you just can't have a FF story based on the concept of a film at all. 

So if I want to write a story on ArHi based on the movie Ishq Vishq, I can't. Doesn't matter if I add my own twists to it, etc, I still can't. 

And this confuses me. 
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

According to the new rules you just can't have a FF story based on the concept of a film at all.

So if I want to write a story on ArHi based on the movie Ishq Vishq, I can't. Doesn't matter if I add my own twists to it, etc, I still can't.

And this confuses me.

I have no say in the forum rules, but going by what is said of the difference between "concept" and "plot" as long as disclaimers are provided, new story twists and turns are introduced, I don't see why the forum rules about plagiarism ban stuff

The rule was made in retaliation to a recent episode of plagiarism, where the said author had actually based her story on a show, and had claimed that she was inspired to make a story when she saw the promo of "some show" and had gone as far to copy a substantial amt of the plot.

I am not bad mouthing anybody here, all I am trying to do is pointing out the difference between what had happened, and what is being discussed now. (Sidenote - I apologise if I am violating any rules here. I'm not very blessed with the gift of eloquent speech and thus whatever I saw is usually pretty blunt, I think. Sorry)

In the case I mentioned, a proper disclaimer woth due credit had NOT been provided. However, when we do provide disclaimers/credits AND we introduce new story twists, then why is it still under plagiarism - According to the IF rules?

-Vee